Drift Photo Tournament - Week 3 - Large Pieces Of Steel

BenSpecialized

Drift Photo Tournament - Week 3

Requirements chosen by :: Greycap

Car Type:: Any Car From The List (See below in first post)

Track:: Any Track

Theme - (If Given):: Large Pieces of Steel

This is a drift photo competition. Your car must be drifting!

RULES & ITINERY

This will be a knockout tournament and will be judged by (in alphabetical order) DRIFTIN, Greycap, Specialized and Swift

Each Round will last 1 week.

Drifters will enter the competition by posting in the entry thread.

We’ll then randomly pick pairs of drifters to go head to head.

We’ll then post up the requirements.

Should an entrant fail to produce a photo, the other entrant will advance through default.

We’ll then judge you on Angle, Speed, Smoke and overall look of the shot, with the theme being the main factor.

If a tie occurs Specialized will cast the deciding vote

The winner will advance to the next round.

Each new round will hold a different set of requirements.

The finals will be decided on a best of 3 photos basis

At the end of the Tourney and DPT King/Queen will be crowned and you will hold that title till the next DPT King/Queen is crowned. The DPT King/Queen can enter again to defend their crown if they like.

As judges, we will not be entering this tournament.

Requirements will be posted on each Thurdsay.

Photos must be in on the Tuesday

Results SHOULD be posted on each Wednesday

Judging will based on which photo they think is the best. Each judge will choose there winners from each group and the participant with the most votes wins. This method is less time consuming and much simpler

IMAGESHACK THUMBNAILS ONLY!!
HOW TO POST YOUR IMAGESHACK THUMBNAIL - Courtesy of VIPERGTSR01

NO EDITED IMAGES AT ALL - Please upload an UNTOUCHED image straight from your memory stick

PHOTOS MUST BE TAKEN FROM GT4

PLEASE FOLLOW THE RULES ABOVE OR YOUR PHOTO MAY NOT BE ENTERED IN THE CONTEST!!

IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR ENTRY, PLEASE EDIT YOUR ORIGINAL POST!

Here are some fine example of how entries should be posted. One 400px x 300px size "Preview" image please if you wish (EXAMPLES BELOW). The rest can be shown off in the Drift Photos Thread

FINAL ENTRY

PREVIEW

If you ever have suggestions about the contest, please PM them to Specialized

Being Edited

The opponents are (chosen randomly)

Brain Scran VS Coolgeekz

Identti VS Trinityjayone

HiyahuShiro VS FC3S-D

l2ev VS Brykespike0086

Good luck everybody!

Aston Martin DB7 Vantage Coupe 2000
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe 2003
Aston Martin Vanquish 2004
Aston Martin V8 Vantage 1999
Audi RS4 2001
Audi RS6 (both models) 2002
Audi S4 1998
BMW M5 2005
Buick GNX 1987
Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 1970
Chevrolet Silverado SST Concept 2002
Chevrolet SSR 2003
Chrysler 300C 2005
Cizeta V16T 1994
Dodge Charger 440 R/T 1970
Dodge Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi 1971
Dodge RAM 1500 LARAMIE Hemi Quad Cab 2004
Ford SVT F-150 Lightning 2003
FPV GT 2004
FPV F6 Typhoon 2004
Holden Commodore SS 2004
Holden Monaro CV8 2004
Honda Odyssey 2003
Jaguar S-Type R 2002
Jaguar XKR Coupe 1999
Jaguar XKR R-Performance 2002
Jay Leno Tank Car 2003
Jensen Interceptor MkIII 1974
Land Rover Range Stormer Concept 2004
Lexus GS300 1991
Lexus GS300 2000
Lexus GS300 Vertex Edition (J) 2000
Lexus SC430 2001
Mercedes CL 600 2000
Mercedes CLK 55 AMG 2000
Mercedes E 55 AMG 2002
Mercedes SL 500 (R129) 1998
Mercedes SL 500 (R230) 2002
Mercedes SL 55 AMG (R230) 2002
Mercedes SL 600 (R129) 1998
Mercedes SL 600 (R230) 2004
Mercedes SL 65 AMG (R230) 2004
Mercedes SLR McLaren 2003
Nissan Stagea 25t RS Four S 1998
Nissan Stagea Autech Version 260RS 1998
Plymouth Superbird 1970
Pontiac GTO 5.7 Coupe 2004
Renault Avantime 2002
Toyota Tacoma X-Runner 2004
Volvo 240 GLT Estate 1988

I guess I'm a little confused on entry as well, I would like to enter this week, but if I can't put me down for the next week 👍.

PLmatt91
I guess this means that I can't join?? Any ways, where's the car list?

garnettrules21
I guess I'm a little confused on entry as well, I would like to enter this week, but if I can't put me down for the next week

Guys, this is a tournament; in order to be a part of it, you must've been a part from the start, as this is the third round. There will be a new tournament sometime in the future, so be sure to check it out.

This is not the Drift Photo competition that goes on every week. For that one you need not sign up, just check whenever they are open (in the main Drifting thread) and post your pics according to the requirements.

On Topic: Good luck to the competitors! This theme should produce some nice shots with all that weight being thrown around. 👍

Diego440
Guys, this is a tournament; in order to be a part of it, you must've been a part from the start, as this is the third round. There will be a new tournament sometime in the future, so be sure to check it out.

This is not the Drift Photo competition that goes on every week. For that one you need not sign up, just check whenever they are open (in the main Drifting thread) and post your pics according to the requirements.

On Topic: Good luck to the competitors! This theme should produce some nice shots with all that weight being thrown around. 👍

Thank you and well said!

lol, thanks for giving me the car list since i'm a noob at finiding what cars we can use :D Anyway, G'luck Hiyahu, i've seen your photos and their really great, it's going to be tough.

FC3S-D
lol, thanks for giving me the car list since i'm a noob at finiding what cars we can use :D
The original idea was to require cars over 1600 kg but I thought that I'd better make a list of the cars to reduce the searching and simplify the selection. You're welcome. :)

Diego440

I see, well I'll be sure to keep checking back when the new one becomes available. Good luck guys!

speed-gt4
Honorable mentions--

Err hi, Im not sure quite what to say. Did you read the text in the first 2 posts? if you did then you would surely know that this is a tournament on week 3 which means that its not open to new contestants. Also there was a list of people allowed to enter to enter the comp just above the car list which you must have looked at as you knew what cars to use.

If you wouldnt mind removing the photos id be appreciative. there are other competitions you can enter, Just look for Drift Photo Competitions! When/if you do enter please put Final and HM's int he same post too.

Cheers

Spec....

EDIT - looks like diego440 beat me to it but what i said still stands. Thanks

Specialized
Also there was a list of people allowed to enter to enter the comp just above the car list which you must have looked at as you knew what cars to use.

please refrain from posting under the influence of alcohol and/or other stimulants. :lol:

Final Entry

Preview
img0034s7yo.jpg

Audi RS6 on Lemans (circuit de la sarthe)

Diego440
please refrain from posting under the influence of alcohol and/or other stimulants. :lol:
Lol, good old Diego.👍

FINAL

H.M.

My final shot was, for lack of a better word a "pain". This car is so hard to make that hole turn with, it took me more than 15 trys(stock with N2/No settings were used).

I thoroughly enjoyed drifting in the big SL55 last round, so I decided to use it again seeing as this round is a bit more open on the requirements. I left the shots a little on the dark side by choice, as it is a night track after all (actually that's a lie, these were taken on full brightness).

FINAL ENTRY

HONORABLE MENTIONS

Pity the car they modeled wasn't a RHD model, the driver blends in a bit too well with the side pillar and at first glance it looks like a ghost car! :dopey:

Is my opponent yet to post for the second time? I don't wanna be in the semi-finals with only one legitimate win. :\

Nope, im not forefitting TrinityJayOne, just biding my time as always. I went for an unusual black and white approach on this one, mainly because steel is not really coloured.

Final Entry:

Preview:
preview6io.jpg

Seems that i'm the last one, sorry for not geting this in :( If i had the gt4 mobile, i coulda done it in a flash, but since my bro is playing it like forver :( I'll get my entry in a hour

Back