Interest check: WRS racers vs GTP drifters

• Thread starter Sheron
  • 49 comments
Small_Fryz told me about a competition between 4 WRS races vs 4 drifters.

The challenge will consist of 2 events:

Event 1:
Drift event, 1 lap of a track. Then submit it to a panel of judges. Rules same as GTPDC.

Event 2:
Time attack race, only time counts. Rules same as WRS.

The winner team is the one that:
  • wins both events
  • gets closer than the other team if it looses a event.

This can be taken as a competition to see who are the most complete drivers in GT4.

From drift zoku:
Sheron
CoolGeekz
Ske
dking

From grip zoku:
MinorShunt
hOt6o4bOi
holl01
Small_Fryz

Ok, we have a guy who can make our drifting laps or what not into vids for you guys to see and judge 👍

Plus we all have the abiltiy to upload our replays via a "maxdrive" 👍

2 of us are PAL and 2 are NTSC.

Lets hope some brilliant drifters come out and join this fun orientated competition 👍

IDM? FBI?

Nice, I'm glad this is posted. I think it should be a fun event - there's nothing relly to be proven here, just a specatacle to watch.

Who here has a little bit of speed? I know Geekz runs in WRS Div 2.

oh, and before anyone even thinks that the drift portion will be a cakewalk, watch this vid: holl01 - Amazing S14 Run (External View)

I think I am pretty fast and would like to participate, but I am not sure if I am fast enough. Is this rally racing, or track racing?

I'll join the Drift team if possible. Not too bad at drifting (won 2 GTPDCs) and so far I am one of the top drivers in WRS Div2 at the moment.
Suzuki is a good choice too, he drifts better than me, and he has been sending me qualifying times that will put him in WRS Div 2...about 1.5 secs slower than mine.
ekmatt is quite fast (see his BESTuners times, they are about equal to mine when I run his setups), and good at drifting, he might be a possibility

Just my ideas :)

If a video (GTPDC style) is needed for the drift portion, I can make vids for any of the grippers with a max drive and NTSC, if Small_Fryz's guy is PAL

CoolGeekz
I'll join the Drift team if possible. Not too bad at drifting (won 2 GTPDCs) and so far I am one of the top drivers in WRS Div2 at the moment.
Suzuki is a good choice too, he drifts better than me, and he has been sending me qualifying times that will put him in WRS Div 2...about 1.5 secs slower than mine.
ekmatt is quite fast (see his BESTuners times, they are about equal to mine when I run his setups), and good at drifting, he might be a possibility

Just my ideas :)

If a video (GTPDC style) is needed for the drift portion, I can make vids for any of the grippers with a max drive and NTSC, if Small_Fryz's guy is PAL
heh, thanks for mentioning me.
but i am not able to capture video at the moment :(
and im doing a bit of race drifting with the elise on ARmini reverse.. gets decent times.(i am getting 10.3xx T1 and 27.5xx T2 for elise on reverse AR, race drifting. not bad if you ask me! still has room for improvment though)
time to go work on my qualifier lap.
if i could capture video(smooth, not choppy 40% frame loss that im getting at the moment) then i would think about entering. but my specialty is XLink.. im not sure if alot of people know that. i still mess around in gt mode though.
this event will be very intresting to watch, no doubt about it.

CoolGeekz is now in the Drift team.

2 more people to go.

That holl01 is damn fast, but snow racing drift isn't close to exhibition drift.

I never experienced a fast drift car except for the HKS Silvia. That thing is sooo friggin nice to control I can get very fast times with it!:dopey:

I would say I'm about equal to ekmatt at drifting, but I have no way to get Vids on to the computer, other that recording them from a camera, which sucks, because from watching videos here at GTP, I would have to say I am close to the top drifters around here.

Sheron
That holl01 is damn fast, but snow racing drift isn't close to exhibition drift.

hehe, nonetheless, I don't expect these guys to make the drifting aspect easy. I think they'll put on a bit of a show.

I'd love to be a part of this in future runnings - any time that I've run a WRS on my own jsut to check my pace I've been close to the front of Div 2. But, I don't have the time right now to commit to this event. I hope it's a success and that it is done occasionally. I think it culd be fun.

PERFECT BALANCE
I would say I'm about equal to ekmatt at drifting, but I have no way to get Vids on to the computer, other that recording them from a camera, which sucks, because from watching videos here at GTP, I would have to say I am close to the top drifters around here.

:guilty: Me too man, I am so eager to make a friggin good drift video, I got some amazing fragments I gathered throughout the year.
Somehow you need to prove yourself here in the drift forums with a video to gain some respect. I only have made one drift video and that was a competition with Nightkids and Toyotadrifter (back in the days I was still G-T-4-Fan) It was an AWD competition...and although I won the competition, it's not worth the effort of setting up your camera, darkening the whole room, mess around with cables all the time and trying to get everything quiet in the room. Then going to my PC and trying to figure out how to transferr the vid to my PC and onto the Internet.

Buy a cap card, yeah, but I wanna save up for a PS3.

Cmon guys!

Send out a few PM's to guys from IDM or FBI! or any other Great drifters!! 👍

I would like this to get off the ground.

like I said, i'd love to join in the future - the timing is just brutal right now. If it's on in May, then I'm in.

good job. I'd jump in, but I'm no good at speed with drifting at all.

it's not speed drifting.

there's 1 exhibition driftin gevent, and 1 grip event. No speed drifting, and no direct comparison of grip to drift.

Boundary Layer
it's not speed drifting.

there's 1 exhibition driftin gevent, and 1 grip event. No speed drifting, and no direct comparison of grip to drift.

Either way, I'm still to slow. :dopey:

once we get 2 teams together, then we will organise deadlines and combos 👍

I was hoping for a 300 - 450hp with any FR car on a nice original track.

The "grip" combo will probably be an arcade tarmac hotlap.

CoolGeekz
im sure RL will be a great subsitute for me. we are both good drifters, and his grip is a hair faster than me. im sure he will do good!
now.. lets see the car/track combos and regulations.

Back