How do days pass in GT4?

• Thread starter qsiguy
  • 25 comments
:confused: I've been searching for about an hour so if the answer to this is in here someone please let me know. With the goal of reaching day 1394 to get the "black" cars I am trying to figure out how days pass in GT4. While playing does each race equal one day? Does it use the PS2's clock (I don't think so becuase I haven't had this game for 3 years and that's about the day I'm on.). Anyone have the breakdown on what equals 1 GT4 day?

Thanks!

It has been answered but just to save time:
One of the fastest ways how to kill time in GT is buying wheels, selling or buying cars. Everytime you do one of the above you use up one day

There has to be an answer to this somewhere in a FAQ or something but to the best fo my knowledge:

Enter a track = 1 day -test track, race, time trial, whatever.
Race series = 1 day per race event
Buying a car = 1 day
Selling a car = 1 day
Endurance = 1 day (not sure about 24 hour though if it counts as 2 days)

- one race
- one mission test
- one licence test
- receiving a prize car
- buying a car
- selling a car
- free run
- photo run
- family cup
- track day
- phototravel
- buying wheels
- buying a wing

Somebody please add the ones I forgot. :)

- EDIT - OK, I was late. Once again. :P

Hmm... I didnt know just recieving a prize car takes a day? So after I spend say 5 days in a race series it counts as 6 for the prize car? eew...

how do you make a race go buy faster?

Like an endurance race such as the 24 hour race....Ive been on this for hours now and Id like to finish now...:nervous:

Cosmom3
how do you make a race go buy faster?

Like an endurance race such as the 24 hour race....Ive been on this for hours now and Id like to finish now...:nervous:
The only way to finish a race faster is to put it in the B-Spec mode and multiple the speed to x2 or x3. But still, it takes around nine hours to finish a 24 hour race and there's nothing you can do to finish it faster.

Yes, they are very long, I used to have them as projects of rainy free days. :)

Greycap
The only way to finish a race faster is to put it in the B-Spec mode and multiple the speed to x2 or x3. But still, it takes around nine hours to finish a 24 hour race and there's nothing you can do to finish it faster.

Yes, they are very long, I used to have them as projects of rainy free days. :)
Question is....how do you change to x3?

I cant seem to find in even when I search ?:drool:

Oh, that's simple. Just check the top of the screen when in B-Spec mode, it should tell you that (the manual tells it too ;)). In PAL version it's L1 + left/right. Right increases and left decreases.

This should help. :)

Greycap
Oh, that's simple. Just check the top of the screen when in B-Spec mode, it should tell you that (the manual tells it too ;)). In PAL version it's L1 + left/right. Right increases and left decreases.

This should help. :)
thankyuh sir,

BTW, a friend lost my manual and case so uhh...ya :)

Be warned though, whenever the car pits, the x3 will automatically stop and go back to normal. You'll have to go back and change it back to x3 yourself. There is no way to stop that I'm afraid. :indiff:

The best way IMO to get days to go by, and also make a fortune doing so, is to take 20 minutes and B-spec the DTM series, and sell the prizecar. 7 days will pass, and you will make some 900.000 Cr. every time.

Team666
The best way IMO to get days to go by, and also make a fortune doing so, is to take 20 minutes and B-spec the DTM series, and sell the prizecar. 7 days will pass, and you will make some 900.000 Cr. every time.

you beaten me:dunce: 👍

Actually 'Cosmic' days do matter. They change the used wheels sales the unlocking of tracks in arcade mode and the used cars in the showrooms. They can be essential especially for finishing the game

I was wondering if anyone had determined the fastest way to burn through game days?

I enter and exit license tests, which allows me to burn three days every minute. I assume this is the fastest way, with only two buttons to press for each cycle, and no expense, but if there is a faster way I would be interested, as 3 per minute is still not exactly super speedy when you are trying to advance several weeks forward. :(

BTW: This method also leaves blank entries in the diary, which I like. Is this the only day advance method that does that?

I was wondering if anyone had determined the fastest way to burn through game days?

I enter and exit license tests, which allows me to burn three days every minute. I assume this is the fastest way, with only two buttons to press for each cycle, and no expense, but if there is a faster way I would be interested, as 3 per minute is still not exactly super speedy when you are trying to advance several weeks forward. :(

BTW: This method also leaves blank entries in the diary, which I like. Is this the only day advance method that does that?

I tend to buy and remove spoilers - though I'm not sure how the diary records that as I don't really check it.

I've used a variation of the license tests, except instead of exiting and re-entering the same test I just start at B-1 and keep clicking the "next test" until I get to the coffee break. It definitely goes faster that way. It's also easier to keep track of how many days you've skipped if you're concerned about accidentally overshooting your target day.

Just reached a personal milestone- 10000 game days! I wonder if anybody has reached a really big total?
nige

I've used a variation of the license tests, except instead of exiting and re-entering the same test I just start at B-1 and keep clicking the "next test" until I get to the coffee break. It definitely goes faster that way. It's also easier to keep track of how many days you've skipped if you're concerned about accidentally overshooting your target day.
+ REP Great suggestion, thanks!

- one race
- one mission test
- one licence test
- receiving a prize car
- buying a car
- selling a car
- free run
- photo run
- family cup
- track day
- phototravel
- buying wheels
- buying a wing

Somebody please add the ones I forgot. :)

- EDIT - OK, I was late. Once again. :P

i just wanted to clarify a little on the license test counting one day. maybe everyone knows this, but it's not listed in this thread so i figured i would add it. if you enter a license test and try it, it only counts a day when you exit. it doesn't matter how many times you try or retry, fail, or get a medal. you could try it 1000 times and when you exit, it only counts one day. forgive me if i am being tedious, i just thought i might help with someone's understanding.

Back