What do you ride in real life?

• Thread starter mrslick151
  • 322 comments
I'm assuming most of the other fans of the game are also riders? I definitely see a lot of race fans and race geeks in here at least!đź‘Ť

Here's me at trackday a couple months ago:
270535067_l.jpg

My bike:
2003 SV650s - with battle damage! :sly:

So what do you guys ride?

I dont ride anymore :(
I have had a couple of bikes though. My first and probably favorite bike was a 1997 Honda CBR 600 F3 red,white ,and black, it had 18k miles on it when i got it in spring of 2001 Still looked damn near brand new! It had some mods:
MVR full exhaust, re-jetted, 1down on front sprocket, Integrated tail light/turnsignals Flush mount front signals,solo seat cover, no passeger footpegs, D-207 tires....I rode it for 2 seasons and put 18-19000 miles on it, sold it with almost 37k :lol: I miss it :(

Second bike was purchased outright in fall of 2002 with 4500 miles on it
2002 suzuki GSX-R 1000 Blue/white, black/ silver....Bone stock...
Rode it till the end of the 03 season and it was stolen out of my garage 3 days before christmas :( I wish I had some pics to post up...

While I don't have a motorcycle(and have only ridden 2(1 was a Honda Trail 75CC, the other was smaller, slower, and a 1 speed), my dad's had 3 during my time.

He currently has a '82 CB750(in the game) and a '00 ZRX 1100(the 1200 version is in the game. Previously he had a '85 GPZ 900R Ninja, red/grey, which is in the game and is my current motorcycle.

Well, I rode a motorcycle, a Suzuki GSX-R 600 when my cousin's fiancee owned one. He let me ride it around the parking lots time to time, it was cool. I own a crf 50f Honda "fiddy" some call it, and a Yamaha Blaster :D

90% of the people who play this game dont even own a bike, i just hope it doesnt do to bikes what GT did to cars, everyone will think they are know it alls about bikes just cuz they played the game:ouch: ... but back to the point i ride a 2004 CBR 600 F4i, yosh pipe zero grav windscreen so far lookin to do more

Ive got a GSX-R 600 (an 05), after riding an EX-500 for 2 years.

Its a cracking bike on the track, and eats up rough pavement without a shudder.

Right now i own 2 supermoto KTMs (520 and 400LC4, and i have a project bike SV650 which it will be a caferacer with lots of trick parts, ducati monster tail, TLR radiator, GSXR forks paintjob etc etc..) I owned over 15 bikes from CB400SF and NSR250 to ZRX1200 and Streetfighter TLRs... My last street ride was a Ducati Multistrada..

dscn02235yf.jpg

I ride a 2003 GSX-R 750, had a 2002 before that (stolen) and a 1997 GSX-R 600 before that (also stolen). My first bike was the original '86 Gixer 750.

Only pic I can find of the 2004 R6 (got stolen):

cropped.jpg

Also had this 2001 Ducati Monster Dark for a little while. Pretty much a buy and sell thing, still fun to ride though! Chicken strips courtesy of the previous owner :P

1.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

9.jpg

Ditto about kids thinking they are bike experts due to playing this game like with GT4. I currently own a Ducati 996R which was re-built from a rolling chassis. In the past I've owned a 1996 Harley Davidson Sportster (1500cc!) and I really don't know why I sold it, I miss the engine sound!

I also had a 2004 Yamaha R1, but I really didn't like it. It was a write-off after a nasty collision with a car at a T-junction ( Think bike! ALWAYS look TWICE for bikers!)

I recently got my Ducati and got it up to around 220mph, which was great. It's a really nice bike and all the people who say that Ducati's are Italian rubbish, DOOM ON YOU!:yuck:

My first by was a ZX-6r, which I sold last year. Now I'm riding a KTM 640 Adventure which is great fun, super easy to wheelie and power slide. But I'm looking to get a naked bike next and the Z1000 and Ducati Monster interest me. Any comments from the owners of those bikes? I'd specially like to know what they think about the Ducati.

Spectre600
+1

Rubbish. They are good bikes, but 220 mph is bull.

i work for a big ducati dealer in US i rode many ducatis (race and street) The only Ducati we had on our shop that could hit 220mph was James Toseland's 05 999F5 im sure not even this bike hits 220mph...

You might mean Kmh....

The faster Ducati i rode was a 999R and saw 174mph..so a 996R with 220mph top speed is kinda like sience fition script! ;)

Sorry guys, a lot of misunderstanding/ not enough info from me, The 996 was built up from a rolling chassis and fitted with a Ducati 999R Bostrom engine ( or whatever name you guys know that engine by) with pressure valves. I assure you, a 999R will reach 220mph.

Moxy
Sorry guys, a lot of misunderstanding/ not enough info from me, The 996 was built up from a rolling chassis and fitted with a Ducati 999R Bostrom engine ( or whatever name you guys know that engine by) with pressure valves. I assure you, a 999R will reach 220mph.
I assure you it won't. Even their Desmosedici won't go 220, although it was getting up to about 215 at Barcelona.

Moxy, cmon man.... Bostrom engine.. 220mph.... WTF are you talking about?? To get the Ducati FACTORY racers, which don't even reach those speeds, to compete with the inlines in WSB, they had to utilize MotoGP levels of tuning. We're talking full RnD dpeartments and professional tuners. Stop whoring up the thread, squid city...

Astroman! That SV cafe racer is lookin good! Are you a member of svrider.com?

Lightsped - love the z1k, badass bike for sure.

I'm hearing a lot of stolen bike comments.. guys please protect your bikes! There are too many damn thieves out there to take chances.

DR Motard
Mine sleeps inside. :)
IÂ’ll bet the GF loves the oily smellÂ…:ill:
Since the previous thread, IÂ’ve sold the Green Meanie (un-repaired) and purchased a new to me Y2K Blade- pics of the new boy shortly. The VTR is not seeing a great deal of use at present (due to brisk autumn weather and competition from the blade) though IÂ’m planning on keeping it for at least another summer.

samvtr12xb.jpg

Moxy

Sayings like that needs more proof...

Back