GT4 WRS Week 53 : "(Feels Like I'm) Walking on Water"

• Thread starter Tedehur
  • 135 comments

Tedehur

Staff Emeritus
France
France
Z spec
Hard to decide which combo I would post this week. I've been hesitating all day long, and decided to use the wet wet wet track, and we'll do the 30 minutes multi-lapper later.

Week 53 : Opera Performance S2000 '04 @ Tsukuba Circuit Wet

WRS53.jpg

Game mode :
Arcade Mode / Time Trial / World Circuits / Tsukuba Circuit Wet

Car specifications :
Opera Performance S2000 '04 :
(car is unlocked by winning the Polyphony Digital Cup in the Extreme Hall)
  • +11% power (300 hp) ;
  • -10% weight (837 kg) ;
  • any driving aids ;
  • any transmission mode ;
  • any tyres.
Race rules :
Standard clean OLR rules :
  • 2 wheels on track at all time ;
  • rumble strips are part of the track ;
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible ;
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty ;
  • no hybrids ;
  • no cheating of any kind ;
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules ;
  • save your replay ('save ghost' icon).
Thread rules :
You can discuss anything (T times, sector times, speeds, settings, etc) except :
  • lap time ;
  • any information which can be used to infer lap time.
Submission :
All submissions must be sent to me by PM (flat-out).
  • you can submit only once per race ;
  • please include in your submission PM your division, name and time(s) ;
  • deadline is tuesday 25th april 9pm GMT (L.A. 1pm, New-York 4pm, London 10pm, Paris 11pm, Tokyo wed. 6am, Sydney wed. 8am).
Time verification :
Save your replay and keep it at least a full week after the time has been submitted.
  • fastest times each week will be required to submit with verification ;
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request ;
  • when a time verification has been required, the concerned racer must provide a replay before next race deadline ;
  • failure to do so will result in the submitted time to be removed for the WRS results and/or GTPlanet Times Database ;
  • video replays are not accepted, only .max, .xps or .sps files can be verified.

-----------------------------------oOo-----------------------------------
Acceptable Use Policy | Weekly Race Series

hey flat you might want to take a look at your first post... its the week 51 description...:)

cool combo, time for me to find out if i´m ayrton senna or alain prost... :lol: just kidding, but the frenchman really hated a rainy day...

fasj6418
hey flat you might want to take a look at your first post... its the week 51 description...:)

cool combo, time for me to find out if i´m ayrton senna or alain prost... :lol: just kidding, but the frenchman really hated a rainy day...
First post edited. I hadn't replaced the first paragraph after I pasted the text from the other thread.
And yeah, not many drivers like wet tracks... especially when Ayrton was on the grid too.

i feel really at home at tsukuba and also quite a bit in the wet - tooooo bad its the only circuit you can race slippery - so it can only be the car that could keep me from fetching a decent time this week.
good luck to all and thanks again to flatty for coming up again with a nice combo :cool: :cool: :cool:

Awesome 👍 👍 👍 I have been hanging for this one...I'm off to do a few laps right now, I'll put up my splits whether they be good or bad within an hour or so.

Board Initiated

[EDIT]
After 45 minutes:

T1: 0'15.753
T2: 0'36.325

Really fun, difficult to stay fast, I can still see about 0.5, we'll see though 👍
[/EDIT]

First splits, after about an hour.

T1: 15.523
T2: 35.717

Lost a bit of time in the final sector, want to pick up about 0.5

I think I might so better this week, I have one thing I have to say.......NO WALLS:D:D:D.
Because last week I just hit the wall in the first part:banghead::banghead::banghead::ouch:.

1st hour... Fun, but slow. It's all about finesse and smooth. Quite the opposite of last week, no? :^)

T1 15.838
T2 36.205

Oh well...

-SHig

an hour + of slipperdyslip rounds gives

t1 16.205
t2 37.024 plus another half second off my laptime 👍 👍 👍
my goal for this week is a t2 of 36.5 AND not being at the bottom of the list 💡

Flat-out
... Opera Performance S2000 '04 :
(car is unlocked by winning the Polyphony Digital Cup in the Extreme Hall) ...
Is this the same car I can buy at the dealer for $150,000?

hell yes, i have been waiting for a race on Tsukuba Wet for a while now so this shall be a lot of fun... :mischievous:

some splits

T1: 15.635
T2: 35.983 :yuck: (had an awesome brain fade through here)

Hi :)

I have to try this one out as Tsukuba is a great track ... not so sure about WET ... booting PS2 now and will be back soon with whatever I can muster 👍

edit: ... 15.480 / 35.513 nice combo :cool:

mmmmmm

not sure bout this..... :nervous:

last time i drove in the wet i concerteenered (??????) my poor little rover metro under the back bar of a 40foot articulated freezer lorry, with my children and dog in the back. :scared:
💡 does this car have abs??

will give it a go all the same.

cheers cyril.
cass

💡 "I think I need to do some racing, or people may think I've turned to dust.":)

I'm warming up this car now....I'll see you guys out on the track!:)

ferrari_chris
Is this the same car I can buy at the dealer for $150,000?

Yup.

Wow ill be the first DIV two to post splits! alot of drifing fun. I thought I would do bad this week but it looks like ill be int thick of it.

T1- 16.684

T2- 37.804

after 4 laps :) Might do some tomorrow.

My very first splits with this slippery combo :sly: . I will definately make these splits better in the following days.

T1: 15.707
T2: 36.158

The combination of the slippery track and the Honda with all the VTEC power at high revs make this interesting. High revs=high power. High power (on FR car)=oversteer... :scared: Interesting though:)

Still trying to adjust braking distances!! If this was a drift championship my lap would be looking pretty good, not so good for speed though.

Oh well, off to get more practice.

I've got a question: Tires?

It says we can use any tires we want -- but I'm assuming racing slicks are out because of the wet, right?

So is everyone using S3's or something like that? (Or can we not discuss which tires we're using?)

Laurence5905
I've got a question: Tires?

It says we can use any tires we want -- but I'm assuming racing slicks are out because of the wet, right?

So is everyone using S3's or something like that? (Or can we not discuss which tires we're using?)

You can only put sport tyres on this car, since it's Arcade mode, and it's a road car. So the softest you can use are S3's.

Casio
You can only put sport tyres on this car, since it's Arcade mode, and it's a road car. So the softest you can use are S3's.

Yeah -- found that out once I got in there. :dopey: Should've looked before asking. :)

Anyway, here are my first splits... Very slow!!
T1: 16.105
T2: 37.196

That's with the TCS and ASM both turned on... It's like driving on ice without them! That car really likes to slide around out there... Gonna take a lot of practice for me to learn to drive this thing without TCS and ASM.

nice combo again flat-out, i can remember doing some laps with the F1 in this track and on wet, very tricky yet fun ;)

Back