<< Brix Pics >> Update! w00t! >>

• Thread starter nic_brix
  • 196 comments

brixbanner1kb.jpg

moretocomesoonaa4.jpg

From here onwards is the Original post, from when I started the gallery.

We'll start with my personal favourite;
Single pic: Sauber Mercades at Le Mans

^^ I was really pleased at how this one came out, I really like its composition ^^​

AC Cars 427 set of 2

^^ I found the 427 a very easy car to photograph; it looked great from every angle, but ran out of time to take any more, so I might take some more of it in the future ^^​

Dodge Charger set of 2

^^ Not very pleased with that one. I liked the idea but it just hasn't come out very well and the mountains in the background are virtually indistinguishable (sp?). ^^​

Single picture: BMW Power

^^ Sort of ran out of inspiration here, and made something that looks not far off a BMW bilboard advert ^^​

TVR Cerbera Speed 12 set of 2

^^ I love the paint on TVRs, it seems to change shade from various angles of the car, but for some reason this didn't quite work ^^​

^^ Not very pleased with that either ^^​

Audi R8 set of 2

^^ This came out looking very realistic ^^​

Good, bad, indifferent? How do you like them people? :rolleyes:

Nic_Brix

:eek: Very impressive start man! What can I say? You seem to have done your homework, because you've got some great angles, and fantastic cars! The banner, the Sauber, and the BMW advert are awesome! 👍 Great start man, keep 'em coming! :dopey:

If you get chance, feel free to check my gallery, and leave comments.

I agree with magburner,, Seems like you've done everything right from the first time,, Brightness,, angles,, everything,, If yo&#250; have some sort of photo editing program you can make them even better:)
Great start:tup:
Stop by at my gallery sometimes and leave a comment;)

Thanks for all the praise guys!
And yes De@tthwi&#167;ho0 I have got a photo editing program and I'll try experimenting with that some time...

Just reading your comment is wonderfull;)

The TVR somehow didn't work because actually, the plastic fake-green of the car is horrible as opposed to the green bamboo background, that's why it probably doesn't fit very well. I'm really like the BMW though.

Not to mention this is just your start:) Hope you continue your gallery for a long time mate:tup:

Welcome mate:) Impressive shots. My favourites are the ones of the Audi R8, nice work. Give your pics a little more of light and they will look much better. Bring more soon:)

2 Part Set: Puro Italia
The following is a 2 part set of pictures based purely on Italy; hence the name Puro Italia (Italian for Pure Italy).​

Part 1 of 2
2 Pictures

Part 2 of 2
5 Pictures

^^ I love the texture of the road in that one. ^^​

^^ That really doesn't seem as steep when you're flying down it at 150 mph ^^​

Not much to say about these, I think the pictures do the talking.​

All feedback is welcome.​

Thanks, Nic_Brix

Here is yet another update in quick succession (sp?) to the last.

Set of 2: Nissan GT-R Concept TokyShow '01 at Twin Ring Motegi: Road Course

^^ Ok people whatever you do PLEASE DO NOT tell me that this photo is too dark. I know it is very dark but IT IS the effect that I wanted. Thank you. Also, the Sun's rays have come out beautifully in this photo. ^^

Set of 2: Mission 11-based photos

^^ Mission 11 complete!!! Now just the one with the Plymouth Superbird and Buick Special before I get my Jay Leno Tank Car! ^^

Set of 2: RUF YellowBird

^^ That's one of my favourites ^^

All comments welcome.

Thanks, Nic_Brix

Loving all pics :)...you seem to get better and better with every pic taken...once I get my flash drive, I hope to get good comments form you and others...keep up the fantastic work...ps = I love the pic of the Nissan GT-R Concept TokyShow '01 at Twin Ring Motegi: Road Course with the sun, awesome affect 👍 :drool:

I'm working on it...I just finished taking a bunch of "film" pics of my 2000 Mustang SVT...I took film pics because I'm running out of room on my memory card :(....I greatly appreciate your kind words too :), thank you very much

I really like the BMW in front of the BMW logo. I looks cool and I think it's composed very well. One suggestion though. You should get photoshop because it will make your pics look better. If you want me to hook you up with CS 9.0, just pm and I'll help you out. :) 👍

Can you give me a rough idea of its price?...
I already have a (not very good) photo editing program, but I definitely might be interested in PhotoShop if it's not overly expensive.

Keep 'em coming! The 6th Stratos pic has an awesome angle. Also like the two GTR concept shots! 👍 Great stuff! :dopey:

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I have just been messing around with my cheap Photo-Editing program, and these are just preliminary experiments but here are some of my ideas.
(I have not posted these as pictures in my gallery; just links because I know they are NOT very good and they are NOT the finished article.)

Yellow Bird

Audi R8 Watercolour

Charger Painting

Speed 12 Artificial Blur

Rain at Le Sarthe

Thanks, all feedback is welcome (and NEEDED for these)

Nic_Brix

Hi all, I am currently working on a big project - Muscle Car Classics at Seattle.
Expect this big update soon(ish), but i suppose it might take a while because I am just about to embark on 200miles of New York specially to get a Dodge Charger Super Bee Hemi (I don't want to use my other Charger because I just don't think it is as special as the Super Bee, just hope I get a nice colour!)

After working for about 5 hours in total on this update :boggled:, it has arrived!
Enjoy!

^^ I just cant get enough of those pink brake-lights ^^

P.S. Even the upload of all the images took about 30 minutes!

All comments are welcome.

Thanks, Nic_Brix

Yeah definetly nice,, the only thing tht bothers me though,, is that you often only show the car,, and not too where the car is moving,, you did that in your last shot and I think it's the best pic of your update,, Good job:tup:
Keep em coming:dopey:

Awesome pics, guy...Truly an inspiration to someone like me just starting out. I really enjoyed this gallery. Keep 'em coming man 👍 :)

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I much appreciate (sp?) your encouragement.
I will try to visit all of your galleries as soon as I get the chance.
And yes, De@tthwi&#167;ho0, after reading your comment I have looked back over my photos and noticed that a lot of my pictures seem to be only of the car, especially in my last update. Thanks for the advice and I will try to take it into account when I am shooting in the future.

Back