Another 4 hour Nurburgring with AMUSE S2000 R1

• Thread starter Flame74
  • 1 comments
I had my eyes on 4h Nürburgring race for quite a time now. Good track (even tough I’m such a lame at the last third of it, a.k.a. from Klostertal to Döttinger Höhe). The field of opponents is one of my favorite, around 300HP sport cars. I really dislike 500+Hp sport cars they are mindless and usually not much fun to drive. I’d rather pick a 200Hp racecar with race tires and good handling, than a monster HP luxury car. But it’s me… Anyway, my opponets were:

- Honda NSX Type R ’02
- Chevrolet Camaro SS 2000
- Pontiac GTO 5.7 Coupe 2004
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII Mr GSR ’04
- Honda NSX Type S 2001

Of course the 2 NSX’s dominating.

The NSX Type R runs around 8minutes/lap. So I needed a car capable of going under that time. And I also wanted a car that doesn’t need any modification. Hmm not an easy task.

I searched for a long time I tried a lot of cars. I tried the new BMW 330i the good old AMG Mercedes 190E Evo II, Honda S2000, but non-of them were fast enough. At the uphill part and on the big straight at Antoniusbuche the NSX killed me badly. Anyway I really liked how the S2000 handled itself on the track, so I started to search the car database with that in mind. And than I found a real gem :) It’s an S2000, but it isn’t. It’s the AMUSE S2000 R1.

It’s a modified S2000 with 259HP and 1120kg. It also has couple upgraded parts so I don’t have to do anything with it. It doesn’t come cheap tough. For 150.000 credits some might thing I’m pretty stupid to buy it. But man, it handles well. By default it comes with Sports Soft (SS) tires. Since it’s an FR car I put Sports Medium tires (SM) on the front, and Sports Hard (SH) on the back. And still, it handles way much better than any of the above cars on soft tires! Now that’s something, isn’t it?

Aside from tires I didn’t modify anything (that means not even oil). It was perfect the way it was. I went in the race and it said 101 A-spec points. Oh, well, goodie! I started the race and left the whole field behind in 1 lap. Did one more lap and the lap time was crazy. It was a no contest, so I decided to quit.

After that I did what I usually do when I have the right car but when I smell more A-spec point. I put on the weight ballast. All 200kgs. Now the car is 1320kg instead of 1120. I give it a try and it steel handles well. Okay, let’s go. Now it’s 138 A-spec points. Hallelujah!

1st lap I pushed down all the filed except the leading white NXS.
2nd lap I battled down the NSX around halfway, lap time: 7:55.056. That doesn’t mean too much as the 4 hour race is long, and usually the A.I. cars start to do a lot better as their HH tires warm in.
3rd lap I was 1st finally no-one is in front of me. Obviously I pushed too hard and went to cut some green. Lap time 7:55:3xx
4th lap My tires getting too warm. Hmm. Anyway I’m more than 10 seconds ahead of the NSX.
5th lap My left rear tire is getting red, but I try and stay for one more lap. It’s a big mistake. With the rear tire turning full red one error follows the other, and the NSX retakes the lead just before I go to the pit. At this time I decide to do 4 laps per pit. And because my front tires are not even orange, I decide to put SS tires there.
6th lap The handling of the car decreased dramatically. I don’t know what happened, but it’s horrible. Instead of turning the nose inside it starts to push it out, like an FF car. I make one mistake after another. I do an 8:30 lap, and even the second (blue) NSX is passing me. ****!
7th lap I try to get myself together and do less error but it’s not easy. Lap time 8:16.
8th lap Finally I can do a clear lap but it’s still around 8:03. I really got behind.
9th lap I go to the pit. I tank the car halfway up, and change back to SM tires in the front. I really hope that the traction gets better or else I quit the race.
10th lap 1.5 hours from the start and I’m 3rd the leading NSX is way more then 1 minute ahead! Traction is not so good but I’m on cold tires. I’ll have to wait for my next lap when it gets warmer. If it’s not getting any better then I’m out of here!
11th lap The SM+SH combination seems to work as traction comes back just as it was in lap 1-4. I do best lap so far with 7:52.441. I think I kind of start to figure out the back of the track as well.
12th lap I get on the second (blue) NSX at the beginning of the lap and I try to take him over at the Flugplatz or before that. He knocks me off and I spin out. I get myself together and overtake him few km later. Bi*ch! Now I’m second, but still almost 1 minute behind.
13th lap I pit in do the usual stuff.
14th lap I warm the tires in.
15th lap now I’m around midway trough the race as 2 hours has left. I’m 35 second behind.
16th lap New lap record 7:51.237. I’m closing on the bastard.
17th lap Into the pit…
18th lap Oh, yeah! The leading NSX is pitting in, as I retake the lead! Yeeee! I had to work hard for an hour, but damn it feels sweet now!
19th lap As the “must get back to first place” monkey is out of my back I can drive happily and without any pressure. New lap record: 7:49.989.
20th lap I drive in harmony. New lap record: 7:49:499.
21-28th lap Nothing really happens, except the pit ins (in lap 21 and 25), and that at one of the lappings the Mitsubishi knocked me out really badly at the mid section. I went behind him and drafted him on the straight. My best lap in this period was around 7:50. All the wear and tear is showing on the car as it gets a bit slower in the last hour.
29th lap I’m such a dummy I miscalculated myself because my tires are off, but there’s one more lap to 4 hours. I’m leading with 1 minute, but that can go away easily if I don’t pit in. So I do but change to Soft tires on all sides and fill up to only 10l.
30th lap The soft tires are really doing a good job. I drive very bravely but almost nothing is too brave for them as they turn like the car is on railways. Final lap (with starting from the pit) is 7:47.768!!

The victory is mine! Final time (30 laps): 4:02:22.389. And now I’m a happy owner of 138 A-spec points. It was a good race even though I made it challenging for myself. Next time I’ll try it with normal tires. Maybe :)

I don't think your stupid at all for buy the car. I do wish it was $50,000 cheaper but what can u do. I have a white version but I added 425 whp, changed the tranny and suspension. But u really don't need to do all that, the car handles no other s2000 in the game. I just might buy another one and just modify the suspenion and keep it N/A.
Good thread......

Back