1998 AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car w/ 5L V8 engine?

Digital-Nitrate

1955-2011 R.I.P.
Premium
United States
Austin, Texas
D-Nitrate / GTP_DNitrate
My understanding of this car is that AMG made 25 of them and they all had 6.9 liter V12 DOHC engines, yet in the game it says it is a 5 liter V8.

I read somewhere that AMG also had a 5.5 liter supercharged V8 engine they used in a version of the CLK-GTR built for the DTM (Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters) racing series, but that still would not match-up with the specs in GT4 as it says it is naturally aspirated and only 5 liters.

Is this a known "oopsie" on the part of GT4 or was there an actual CLK-GTR with these specs?

I know there are threads on this car on GTP, but I searched and didn´t find any :( But if I remember this correctly, the car is actually a CLK LM, not a CLK-GTR. Not sure though, so don´t flame me for this! :)

Thanks Team & Leechy, that would explain it. 👍

I did a search in the forum as well as I assumed this would have been brought up before, but the search results came up empty.

Thanks again for the quick respones and clearing this up for me.

Digital-Nitrate
My understanding of this car is that AMG made 25 of them and they all had 6.9 liter V12 DOHC engines

Except two... #003 was fitted with a 7.3 litre engine, as the owner, Mohammed bin Sulayem, wanted it to be at least as fast as his 911 GT1. The second 7.3, #017, I believe currently lives in the US.

Famine
Except two... #003 was fitted with a 7.3 litre engine, as the owner, Mohammed bin Sulayem, wanted it to be at least as fast as his 911 GT1. The second 7.3, #017, I believe currently lives in the US.

Incidentally the same 7.3 V12 used in the Pagani Zonda. I always assumed they had the 5.5 litre AMG Engine, but on reflection, isn't the 5.5 just a 5.0 with a supercharger, like the way that BMW sometimes names their cars with bigger engines than they actually have?

Glad i could be of help. And i doubt 5.5 means its a 5.0 with a supercharger and i always thought BMW had smaller numbers than engine size like the 750i is a 5.4 i think. I could be wrong though but i thinks its just different engines.

BMW used to name thier car's in rel;ation to engine size, but somewhere along the way, the engines got bigger than the cars names, however the car's arn't called the BMW 3 series 3.0, it's the 330, so they arn't actually directley claiming that the car's a 3.0 just by the name. Though the cars name by traditional BMW naming standards would simply imply that.

And yes, Team666 and Leechy are spot on, the CLK-GTR in GT4 is simply a mis-named CLK-LM.

Back