GTP LFS Contest Week 1 - Closed, Results and Videos Added (Post 27)

• Thread starter amp88
  • 30 comments
Welcome to the first week of the GTP LFS Contest. This week's race is a special competition which demo racers can enter.

Car: XF GTI
Track: Blackwood GP Track (Standard)

You must complete your laps in the Hot Lapping mode. Any lap which is considered valid by the HLVC is valid for entry into this competition. Save the replay of your fastest lap, you must submit it as proof of your time.

You are free to discuss split times for your laps in this thread, but please do not discuss lap times. Feel free also to discuss and share setups.

Once you're happy with your lap, PM your time and replay to me. Please only submit one time per week.

The competition starts now and ends in exactly one week. The deadline for this week is 6pm GMT on Saturday the 10th of June 2006.

Good luck and have fun!

It's the SPR folder which is in the DATA folder.

Splits (haven't played in a while, and my pedals are ****ed):
33:XX
1:10:XX

I'm not sure if the replay gets saved automatically. I always save it manually (Press Escape then click on Replay and it'll save your replay then play it).

I've been driving the MRT5 a lot lately, so stepping into this was very strange. After 3 laps:

Split 1: 32.69
Split 2: 1'08.78

After another 5 laps:

Split 1: 32.12
Split 2: 1'08.28

I'm using RACE_S setup at the moment, but for anyone who doesn't know, you can get very fast setups from Team Inferno's website. These setups are usually a bit more difficult to drive quickly than the standard setups though, so give them a shot and see how you find them.

If you're looking for inspiration on lines, braking points and cornering speeds, you can take a look at the world record laptime for this combo. I've attached it in a zip archive with this post. To view it, unzip the file and put it in your LFS\data\spr directory

Then in LFS, go to Replays and click on the replay named "MacEST_BL1_XFG_133120".

Attachments

• MacEST_BL1_XFG_133120.zip
    59.1 KB · Views: 20
Well I thought we should use standard setups?
Or was it in another thread?

And one question to the replay. If I save the replay all my hotlaps are saved so you have to look for my fastest time, haven't you?

Nope, you can use whatever setup you like.

Whenever you view a saved hotlap replay, you can see in the top right hand corner the laptime and lap number of the fastest valid lap contained in the replay. To get the splits of the fastest lap you have to go through it though.

gt4005
Thanks Amp88. But I cant download ur replay. Attachment.php. Firefox is a bit crusty :(
Just log into LFSworld.net and d/l it from there.

Yeah thanks or use IE.

Great I found out that I can accelerate time. Will try to push this car over Blackwood Circuit!

Cu guys.

Lino
Am I the only one who has submitted a time?

So far, yes :(

My time isn't anywhere near yours either, so it looks like you're the runaway winner of the first week, unless more entries come.

Well sorry but I was upset cos my split times were faster than Amp88's but I lost my time in the last two corners even I had a cornering out speed of 100km/h. Waiting for some other tracks or better cars. Oh raced with the race_s setup.

Like to change the setup by me and don't download setups. They only mess your computer. Will try to be better next time.

Any suggestions about the next track? Aston North with GTR? :)

gt4005
Well sorry but I was upset cos my split times were faster than Amp88's but I lost my time in the last two corners even I had a cornering out speed of 100km/h. Waiting for some other tracks or better cars. Oh raced with the race_s setup.

Like to change the setup by me and don't download setups. They only mess your computer. Will try to be better next time.

Any suggestions about the next track? Aston North with GTR? :)

I know what you mean about "better cars". I didn't like this combo much either, the xrg or xrt would have been better choices and still available to demo users. The xfi is my least used car, so I had to spend a lot of time trying to get used to it and not a lot going quickly. My time for this week is fairly crap, in comparison to Lino's anyway.

Don't know about next week's challenge. I love the fox and mrt, but obviously any suggestions people would like would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, what about South City (standard with FOX)? Did a 42.96 there with race_s setup. Postet my replay in the official LfS forum.

Well your choice wasn't bad it was just me driving crap :D

Here's my entry.

1:35.250, split time of 31.79.

This is with like 15 mins of practice, haven't played LFS in like 3 months and haven't played with the GTI for like 6 months prolly. I remember doing low 31 split (~31.10) so better is certainly doable. I also remember doing a very low 1:06 split. On this entry, I got a 1:06.80 2nd split.

Attachments

• MustangSVT_BL1_XFG_13525.zip
    13.1 KB · Views: 9
You're not supposed to mention lap times MustangSVT, but I don't suppose it matters with so few entrants. Good time though 👍

SO Classic with the fox is one of my favourite combinations, not just for hotlapping but for racing too. I wouldn't mind doing that at all :)

Ok, that's the first week's competition over. Not much of a turn out, only two competitive entries. The results are as follows:

1st Lino 1'35.05
2nd MustangSVT 1'35.25
3rd amp88 1'37.41

Congrats to Lino and MustangSVT for the very impressive times 👍

I, on the other hand, wasn't so impressive. The less said the better I think :lol:

I've made up a few of my split screen videos to (hopefully) show where drivers are gaining and losing ground compared to the other entrants. I've also included the current world record run for this comparison as an ultimate benchmark.

In all the videos, the arrangement is the world record run (1'33.12 by MacEST) in the top left, Lino in the top right, MustangSVT in the bottom left and myself in the bottom right.

Click on the preview pictures for the video downloads.

Internal View

11.2MB

External View

11.3MB

Top Down View

11.2MB

wow... the best time was only 1:35? i havent driven the xf gti on blackwood in almost a year... with the old physics i could do 1:32's

Back