Tourist Trophy WRS Qualifier Race

• Thread starter Iceman
  • 36 comments

Iceman

Staff Emeritus
United States
Wisconsin, USA
Tourist Trophy Weekly Race Series

To race in the TTWRS you must first get a time in the qualifier so you can be placed in either Division 1, 2, or 3. Please put a good amount of effort into the qualifier as it will more accurately place you in the division your skill deserves. Once you have finished the qualifier race, send your time via PM (personal message) here at GTP to me.

Please use this format when submitting a time:
Driver name - time - controller - game version (NTSC/PAL/CHN)
Example: Iceman - 3'56.000 - DS2 - NTSC

And now for the race...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2168689&postcount=4

Qualifier Race

Honda NSR250R SE RM '93 @ Autumn Ring (Forward, Full Course)

ttwrsqualy5ff.jpg

The Race:
Arcade Mode / Time Trial / Autumn Ring Forward

Bike specifications :
Honda NSR250R SE RM '93 :
Quick Tune Options
  • +20% hp (56 hp) ;
  • -10% weight (107 kg) ;
  • Gear Ratio (top speed setting): Driver's Choice
  • Riding Form: Driver's Choice
  • any Racing tyres. (front / rear compounds can be different)
  • Controller Mode: Drivers Choice (Standard/Semi-Pro/Pro)
  • Failure Conditions: Off
Race rules :
Standard clean OLR rules :
  • 1 wheels on track at all time ;
  • rumble strips are part of the track ;
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible ;
  • if you're not 100% sure that you lap is clean, then consider it dirty ;
  • no hybrids ;
  • no cheating of any kind ;
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules ;
  • save your replay (save best lap icon).
Thread rules :
Do not discuss any times !

Time verification :
Save your replay and keep it at least a full week after the time has been submitted.
  • top 5 fast times will be required to submit with verification ;
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request ;
  • when a time verification has been required, the concerned racer must provide a replay within 3 days ;
  • failure to do so will result in the submitted time to be ignored for the WRS registration ;
  • video replays are not accepted, replay's via USB ARE accepted

For those interested, the first race will begin this weekend. That should give enough time for a sizable amout of qualifiers 👍

Great to be a part of this at the inception... I will be at this tomorrow for sure. :)

I've started practising and have already entered the "I know I can shave a few tenths of a second off" mode, it's not a pretty sight. ;)

I'm off for some practice.

Already submitted my time for this weeks GT WRS, I've got the day off work and a few more hours before next weeks one is up. :D

Division 3 here I come? :)

I used lean body for the qualy but I havn't tested any of the others. To be honest I'm not really aware of what all the different riding styles do :nervous:

Only controller that works is the DS2.

And Lean out!

Quali time sent to Ben

Neil

Just got the game and warming up now!! Sadly i crashed my scootr on the laguna seca corkscrew and fell down :D

This is gonna be fun!!!

icemanshooter23
I used lean body for the qualy but I havn't tested any of the others. To be honest I'm not really aware of what all the different riding styles do :nervous:

Neutral, means lean the bike over and keep the body more or less in line.
Lean out, keeps the bike more upright through the corners and uses the wind resistance on the body to help the bike round the corners.

At least that's what happens in RL.
Done a bit of track time myself and it works!

Neil

icemanshooter23

I've noticed that Lean Bike is more effective when riding the lower displacement bikes (250 and under) and Lean Body is better with the bigger bikes. These are just my findings given my riding style, but it works for me... 💡

I done a few laps of autumn ring and wanted to save the best lap but their was no save best lap option, only save whole replay or upload best lap, pal TT I'm using.

Paul

Do you have Failure Conditions turned on? It should be towards the right of the list of icons.

This felt like trying to gold the slalom license.

I can do it! I can do it! There's another 3 hundredths right there.

Or I'd just get over the rumble strip by half a tire.:grumpy:

Or I'd scrape the wall before the finish line while ahead of the ghost.

Or I'd run 8 laps forgetting to set the power up and weight down. :dunce:

Or, . . . . well, you get the idea. Then, I almost backed out of the menu without saving the replay, because I'd mis-read the time! :banghead:

Now, my [hopefully] most excellent time has been submitted. 👍

BTW, I've gotten better since I made my avatar!

wfooshee
This felt like trying to gold the slalom license.

I can do it! I can do it! There's another 3 hundredths right there.

Or I'd just get over the rumble strip by half a tire.:grumpy:

Or I'd scrape the wall before the finish line while ahead of the ghost.

Or I'd run 8 laps forgetting to set the power up and weight down. :dunce:

Or, . . . . well, you get the idea. Then, I almost backed out of the menu without saving the replay, because I'd mis-read the time! :banghead:

Now, my [hopefully] most excellent time has been submitted. 👍

BTW, I've gotten better since I made my avatar!

Hahaha yeah I doing the same but when I saw the week 1 race was posted I gave up on Qual and submitted what I had so I can start on the race itself

First time I have played this since I dl'ed it a few months ago :P

... anyway! .. I'm rustier than the engine room on Titanic and my left hand hurts already with the retard style grip I need to apply on the DS2 to lower the rider and gear down also ... I just end up keeping the rider lowered at all times all the way around the track with my index and gear down with my middle as my brain wont let me work both buttons with the same finger :dopey:

oh! .. got carried away gassing :P

Time submitted to Ben 👍

Use AT Ron :lol:

I can't work all those buttons either so I just changed to auto and it works fine 👍

icemanshooter23
Use AT Ron :lol:

I can't work all those buttons either so I just changed to auto and it works fine 👍

I think I will try that next time I race it going by my quali placing :scared:
Aliens on bikes ... thats all we need :P

Back