Japan GT Cup - Whole Championship Report - Honda NSX Type S

• Thread starter GM
  • 7 comments

GM

George0393 + GTP_GM
The car, a fully modified Honda NSX Type S from 1999, it boasts 470 Bhp, and Racing Hard tires. My challenge, to use my Honda NSX, to beata field of Japan GT500 cars in the Japan GT Cup.

Race 1 - Tokyo R246 - 5 Laps.
Position - Second.
A Spec Points - 128.

Grid -

Xanvai Nismo
Castrol TOM's Supra
Nissan Motul Pitwork Z
Honda Mugen NSX
Nissan Penzoil Zexel
Honda NSX Type S

I did'nt qualify for Tokyo, since it is'nt a rolling start, the cars would not get a big headstart over me. As I started, I realised that I should of, the JGTC cars were quite alot faster than me of the line, but, the Penzoil slowed down, I guessed it was so it did'nt hit the Mugen in front, this allowed me to overtake the Penzoil just before the first corner, now, I was chasing down the Mugen NSX, I was very similar power ways, both NSX's, both around 470 Bhp, but, on the last corner, I taken a slightly diffrent line that given me a much faster exit speed, I was in 4th by the time I was on lap 2.

Drafting the Motul Pitwork on the straight brung me closer to it, the Pitwork was having trouble getting past the Castrol TOM's Supra, which was clearly holding it up, meanwhile, the Xanvai Nismo was becoming further away from the rest of the pack.

The Pitwork was overtaken where the Mugen was the lap before, and I was now drafting the TOM's Supra, which was overtaken literally on the Start/Finsh line onto lap 3.

Now, the Xanvai was 6 seconds ahead, and with 2 laps to go, I was rating my chances of winning low. After driving lap 3 as well as I could, I was 4.2 seconds behind. I noticed the Pitwork Z had overtaken the TOM's Supra and was closing in on me, that was more pressure.

It did'nt get any better, I finished the race in 2nd, loosing to the Xanvai by 2.1 seconds.

Xanvai Nismo - 10
Honda NSX Type S - 6
Nissan Pitwork Z - 4
Toyota Castrol TOM's Supra - 3
Honda Mugen NSX - 2
Nissan Penzoil Zexel - 0

Race Two - Suzuka East Cicuit
Position - First
A Spec Points - 128

Grid.

Honda NSX Type S
Nissan Motul Pitwork Z
Nissan Penzoil Zexel
Toyota Castrol TOM's Supra
Xanvai Nismo
Honda Mugen NSX

Qualifying first was a big advantage at Suzuka East, and the Xanvai Nismo starting 5th was another advantage.

But the slow start meant I was second coming into the first corner, behind the Motul Pitwork Z, and by the start of lap 2, I was still second, by 0.2 seconds, but an underbraking move into turn 1 saw me take first place from the Motul Pitwork.

My lead was gradually building up, I was 3 seconds ahead coming onto lap 4 with a best time of 48.894 seconds.

I heard lots of tyre screeching on lap 5, but it did'nt put me of my driving, as I was now nearly 4 seconds ahead, with a laptime of 49.219 seconds.

But all was lost on lap 6, I braked to late for turn 1, putting me in the sand, and around 0.7 seconds ahead of the Pitwork Z, it was worse, accelrating to early on the last, long turn put me onto the grass and into second, 1.3 seconds behind coming onto lap 7, with a lap time of around 54 seconds.

By lap 10, the lead was down to 0.6 seconds, I thought I had a chance now, my tires were nearing yellow, but they'd last without having to pit.

Lap 11 is when I overtook, underbraking into the first corner, I pulled away slightly and was 0.8 seconds ahead coming onto the final lap (lap 12).

I driven smooth and carefully, but not to slowly, and I won, by 0.9 seconds.

Results

Honda NSX Type S
Nissan Motul Pitwork Z
Nissan Penzoil Zexel
Toyota Castrol TOM's Supra
Xanvai Nismo
Honda Mugen NSX

Honda NSX Type S - 16
Xanvai Nismo - 12
Nissan Motul Pitwork Z - 10
Nissan Penzoil Zexel - 7
Toyota Castrol TOM's Supra - 6
Honda Mugen NSX - 3

Round 3 (Seoul) coming soon.

Good going George! Keep it up. 👍
Just a couple of minor mistakes, didn't is a shortening of "did not" and the apostrophe should appear in place of the dropped O in "not" rather than between the D and N as you have it in did'nt and the same applies to isn't instead of is'nt, but otherwise concise enough to provide a good read and enough details to enable an enthusiast to replicate your efforts if they so wish. :)

Also in the last line of race report #2 you've put "driven" instead of "drove"

Other then that, good read so far, look forward to Race 3

Yeah, keep it up! It'll be pretty helpful to people when it's completely finished. 👍

And yes, that niggling "did'nt/didn't" thing needs to be sorted out (being picky!). Other than that, it's fine.

G.T
Yeah, keep it up! It'll be pretty helpful to people when it's completely finished. 👍

And yes, that niggling "did'nt/didn't" thing needs to be sorted out (being picky!). Other than that, it's fine.

*offtopic* Well if you were picky you would also mention these ;)

My challenge, to use my Honda NSX, to beata field of …..ways, both NSX's, both around 470 Bhp, but, on the last corner, I took taken a slightly different line that gave given me a much faster exit speed, I was in 4th by the time I was on lap 2.…..Drafting the Motul Pitwork on the straight brought brung me closer to it, …on the Start/Finish line onto lap 3.……I finished the race in 2nd, losing loosing to the Xanvai by 2.1 seconds.…… But all was lost on lap 6, I braked too late for turn 1…….worse, accelerating too early on the last…..I drove or had/have driven smooth and carefully, but not too slowly, and I won, by 0.9 seconds.
*/offtopic*

Nice report George 👍

AMG.

Me neither, didn't want to scare him from posting the rest of the results! :guilty:
Although AMG.'s corrections are perfect and he's Dutch, I believe, so it's a good lesson for a native English speaker like George to take on board. ;)

Still looking forward to the rest of the report. 👍

Smallhorses
Me neither, didn't want to scare him from posting the rest of the results! :guilty:
Although AMG.'s corrections are perfect and he's Dutch, I believe, so it's a good lesson for a native English speaker like George to take on board. ;)

:bowdown: Well I was actually trying to rattle G.T's cage a bit. :sly:
If you're going to correct spelling you might as well do it all.

Smallhorses
Still looking forward to the rest of the report. 👍
George, don't take it wrong, I meant it as positive feedback, not as a criticism. Now get ur @$$ in gear and finish off the report :) :) :)
Oops forgive ze zpelling, I believe my keyboard needz replazing.

AMG.

Back