Not able to upload images to the Gallery.

• Thread starter G.T
  • 15 comments

G.T

United Kingdom
U.K
Paganisterr
Ak Paganister
I've come across this problem: none of the options to upload to "My Album" are there. I've checked the FAQs and the option isn't available from the "My Gallery" link either:

Gallery FAQ
Question: Where do I upload a picture to?
Answer: You will be able to upload a file to one of your albums in "My Gallery". The Administrator may also allow you to upload a file to one or more of the albums in the Main Gallery.

Jordan
To upload files to your albums, click "Upload Files" on the top line of text, right below the banner ad (if you're not Premium).

It should be corrected now. Please let me know if have trouble finding the link. It should be in the top row there.

I still can't upload. It says "No images were uploaded"

Ditto, awesome feature though Jordan!

When exactly does it say this message? Could you review the steps you're taking to upload the images when you encounter this problem? I actually just uploaded a few now with my test account and everything seemed to be OK. One thing you may want to check is that your individual files are not larger than 1MB in size, although it should tell you in the error message if that is the case.

I'm getting a similar problem.

After uploading images I get the screen where you enter image description, image comments and keywords etc. Also you get a dropdown list of options where you choose which of your galleries you want the image/images to appear in.

All filled in and album chosen, click continue, wait, , , , it then tells me that "the image could not be placed in a gallery"?

It's only a 298Kb phone pic of my Mini but I was hoping to use this great new feature to add to this album as I make more modifications to it. :(

Help! I've tried twice to upload the same pics, two pics on the first attempt and one on the second, I don't want to carry on trying it if the pics are ending up somewhere I can't find 'em and clogging something up

Mind you, at least I know it's not just me. :D

Darren.

This is very strange, I cannot seem to duplicate your problems even when emulating your usergroups. What browser are you guys using? Are you completely sure that you have already created an album using my instructions in the announcement BEFORE trying to upload your pictures? One thing I have noticed is that none of you actually have created an album in the "User Galleries" category.

Tried again, this is what I got after uploading, then filling in the details. Album placement, (created new album called "My Mini pics, work in progress." Although the only other album options I get are GT1 or 2 screenshots?), File title, file description, keywords.....all fields filed in, *click*...:banghead:

"The previous file could not be placed"

"You have successfully placed all the files"

? I give up. :(

Well it says that "No images were uploaded to the gallery" after clicking "Continue". I don't know whether if I have created a gallery or not, I have no idea how to check.

As a note, I was using IE7 Beta 3 yesterday and have switched over to IE7 RC1 as of today.

I don't know whether if I have created a gallery or not, I have no idea how to check.
Click on the grey "Create / order my albums" button at the top of the page. Anything in there? It should list the Albums you've made.

I checked and it shows that I have created an album. It's supposed to be called GT4R's Gallery and when I click on it it shows nothing.

You've got to upload photos and add them to the gallery before it will show something.

Still getting the same problem, (posts 9 and 11).

I've checked the album details, it is a 'user gallery' but it still won't let me put pictures in it when I upload them?

:banghead: :banghead: :ouch:

Darren.

Back