Tuning Competition - Week 11

• Thread starter DuckRacer
  • 24 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

DuckRacer

Premium
Welcome to the eleventh Tuning Competition on GTPlanet. Here is everything you need to know to participate.

How it Works

I start the competition every Tuesday, listing the name of the car you are to tune, and which track the settings will be tested at. You will not have to tune at that track, but it is highly recommended, since the judges will be testing there.

The judges are:
  • gregc
  • To Be Announced
  • To Be Announced
  • To Be Announced
Once the judges are finished testing all the settings, they will rank each of them on the following categories:
  • Turn-in (entry to corners)
  • Mid-Corner response (whether the car under/oversteers mid-corner or holds the racing line well)
  • Corner exit (how quickly you can exit a corner whilst staying in good control)
  • Stability (rear end staying in line, car not 'jumping' or feeling skittish in turns)
  • Grip (start-offs, how much power can be used without the drive wheels losing traction? Does the car oversteer excessively?)
  • High-speed controllability (whether the car becomes 'frantic' and turns far too sharply at high speeds)
  • Handling while braking (are you able to easily turn the car while braking, and without going into oversteer?)
  • Acceleration (how good is it? Is there a lot of traction while doing it?)
Each category will be rated on a scale of 10 (with 10 being the best). Once the ranking is complete, all of the seperate ratings for a set-up from each judge will be compiled together for that one set-up. This is done with all the other settings, and the one with the highest ranking wins.

The judges will also write a mini-report about the settings, and how they felt driving them.

What to Tune, and Where to Tune At

You will have to tune the Pagani Zonda C12S (not 7.3) @ Autumn Ring. You must use S3 tires, and no ASM.

Rules

• No ASM, ballast, or nitrous is allowed.
  • You can tune the car in any way you wish, as long you use a reasonable amount of parts (ie don't slap on a sports suspension and a 1.5 LSD and expect to be judged)
  • You must list every single part you used in the PM to me with your settings. Failure to do so will result in a deduction of points.
  • You must PM Me your settings, do not post them here. PM them in the following format:
Code:
Tuner: (your username)

Car: Dodge Charger 440 R/T

Part List:

[B]Suspension[/B]
-Spring Rate: 12.0 / 12.0
-Ride Height: 100 / 100
-Bound: 6 / 6
-Rebound: 8 / 8
-Camber: 2.0 / 1.0
-Toe: 0 / 0
-Stabilizers: 3 / 3

[B]LSD[/B]
-Initial: 10
-Acceleration: 40
-Deceleration: 20

[B]Downforce[/B]
Amount: 30 / 30

[B]Driving Aids[/B]
-TCS: 0

[B]Brake Controller[/B]
-Brakes: 3 / 3

[B]Transmission[/B]
Gear Ratios
1st:
2nd:
3rd:
4th:
5th:
6th:
Final Gear:

Autoset 10
Deadline

Deadline is Monday, September 11th.

Good luck!

I got some spare time on my hands now, I'll give this one a go. :)
@Duck - Just wanted to point out that you are not in a PS3, but you are in a camera at the local zoo.

Good choice! Funny how some really hate this track and others love it. Its one of my favourites with a great variety of technical corners with lovely nuances in the curbs and road surface undulations ...and I really like the brutish Zonda too.

TS, how do you work out who came 1st, 2nd and 3rd???

Love the full track as a pose to the mini ring that one just annoys me, and after a few miner mods to the C12's i think it thinks its the citron c4 skating on the ice like in the adds. :scared:

In other words, im all over the shop in the C12's

PS: count me in again too

This car sucks stock:yuck:

It can go over 300mph when fully tunned, But since this is such a small track, Im going to keep the hp to 550 or so

The other thing that sucks is no wing, all Zonda's cant do wings

Wait till I get a hold of it:mischievous:

Well I had a setup for this car, but in the last hour I've changed it so much.

I really think this car is going to be a winner for me. 👍

It's really hard to get a nice flow through the twisting multiple chicanes in the first sector, and you really can't attack the curbs, but when you get it right it's fast... very fast!!!

Wow, I didn't know how much I had to put into this one, I've struggled alot with braking and understeer.

:crazy:
This car sucks stock:yuck:

It can go over 300mph when fully tunned, But since this is such a small track, Im going to keep the hp to 550 or so

The other thing that sucks is no wing, all Zonda's cant do wings

Wait till I get a hold of it:mischievous:

the LM version as one you can tincker with

sorry if im wondering off on a tangent :crazy:

Duck, am I definatly judging or not?
Well, since you said this...
Well I had a setup for this car, but in the last hour I've changed it so much.

I really think this car is going to be a winner for me. 👍

It's really hard to get a nice flow through the twisting multiple chicanes in the first sector, and you really can't attack the curbs, but when you get it right it's fast... very fast!!!

...I wasn't sure. It's up to you if you want to judge.

Duċk;2411723
Well, since you said this...
...I wasn't sure. It's up to you if you want to judge.

Hmm, sorry about the confusion. But even I'm confused at the moment, I really want to judge this because I'd love to see what everyone has come up with and be able to have my input. But my setup this week is so damn amazing, it's twice the car that my FORD GT was when you compare them both to their standard setup!

Bah! I really want to enter this one, so if it's alright by yourself and DE (if you can handle another week judging alone?) I'd just prefer to enter this one. I'll PM you my settings. When I find out what next weeks car/track is I'll let you know what I'm wanting to do.

-------------------------------

Haha, I'm sounding a bit like Michael Schumacher deciding his future with this, haha! :ouch:

Hmm, sorry about the confusion. But even I'm confused at the moment, I really want to judge this because I'd love to see what everyone has come up with and be able to have my input. But my setup this week is so damn amazing, it's twice the car that my FORD GT was when you compare them both to their standard setup!

Bah! I really want to enter this one, so if it's alright by yourself and DE (if you can handle another week judging alone?) I'd just prefer to enter this one. I'll PM you my settings. When I find out what next weeks car/track is I'll let you know what I'm wanting to do.

-------------------------------

Haha, I'm sounding a bit like Michael Schumacher deciding his future with this, haha! :ouch:

Well, I'm sure there's going to be more judges entering, since the competition ends Monday night/Tuesday morning. But I'm sure DE won't mind judging solo (again).

Duċk;2412229
Well, I'm sure there's going to be more judges entering, since the competition ends Monday night/Tuesday morning. But I'm sure DE won't mind judging solo (again).

Ok, thanks for understanding Duck :)

@ DE: You must have quite a handful of great setups though judging these comps?! :sly:

Dont worry your not the only one. Im just settling down now and will start in 5 mins. Got 2 hours for this one and maybe 2 more tommorow :)

Dont worry your not the only one. Im just settling down now and will start in 5 mins. Got 2 hours for this one and maybe 2 more tommorow :)

I sure hope you're someone who can analise a cars setup really well, because this one is extremely difficult to get right. I've spent more time on this one than the FORD GT, and I though the GT was time consuming! :scared:

I enjoyed doing this one more than the charger the zonda responds to the alterations you make, wheather for better or worse, least you notice the car acting-reacting differantly just have to sit and wait for the results now i guess

Dark Elite won't be able to judge Week 11. Details will be in the Week 10 results thread.

If anyone can volunteer to judge this week, please PM me.

And since it's time for Week 12...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back