Professional Hall - Supercar Festival - Midfield

• Thread starter AMG.
  • 2 comments

AMG.

Staff Emeritus
Netherlands
NL, Leiden
GTP_AMG
For a while I've had a discrepancy in A spec points.:odd: My excel file showed more than GT4 home screen did.
So for the past weeks I've been checking each and every race to find the mistake. :ill:
After checking 95% I found it. 15 points (185 raced instead of 200) in Professional Hall.

So on 2 Oct I go and get my BMW GTR and install NA2 + Chip + RC exhaust to make it through the requirements (>492 BHP cars) for Supercar festival.
The beemer had already won the other races by 1-2 secs back in May '06.

By replacing NA2 with NA1 there are a few lineups that promise 200 points.However the Cien is in there and the 🤬 blasts me off the track in lap 5 everytime.
So I hunt for another lineup that may be winnable for 200 points.
Lo and behold I find one.

Professional Hall Supercar Festival Midfield for 200 points.

Lineup
A Cizeta V16T '94
B Saleen S7 '02
C Spyker '02
D Zonda C12S '02
E Callaway C12 '03
F BMW GTR (400 bhp on valuation screen)

Mods applied to enter the series
NA2, chip + RC exhaust

Mods used in the race
Chip, RC exhaust, RC susp, FC tranny (no changes made), TR clutch, RC flywheel, RC brakes + Ctrl, NOS 30, FC LSD +
Scaff's 'example suspension' settings applied.

It takes several tries to stay on the track as I either make a few 360 spins and/or AI crashes in to me sending me off :grumpy: 🤬

I wish they'd put a Bond car in GT4 so I could blow them off the track
I'll add it to the GT5 wishlist in a moment ;)

Lap 1
Race starts and I apply throttle carefully to not make the rear wheels spin, as soon as I get in to 2nd gear (I drive AT exclusively)
I apply some NOS and by the end of the tunnel I'm in 3rd place. The A and B are still ahead of me.
Negotiating the right turn just after the tunnel is my biggest problem, I need to tread carefully as this is where I tend to spin out.
The biggest enemy is the Zonda and the Cizeta is a bit of a loose cannon the way it goes off track now and then.
I squeeze by the Saleen on this lap and make it in to second place.

Lap 2
Just as this lap starts I manage to overtake the Cizeta in the tunnel following the straight. The Ciz bangs in to the tunnel wall. (Don’t drink and drive man)
Phew, I now have a bit of a buffer between me and the Zonda. By T2 I’m 0.945 secs ahead of the Cizeta and the Zonda is trailing by 2.4 secs.

Lap 3
The Cizeta is breathing down my neck on start Finish line 0.356 secs.

Lap 4
And I pull out a sizeable lead on the Cizeta 0.616sec, that’s an improvement of 73%. :sly: The Saleen is still in third and the Zonda not far behind. :scared:

Lap 5
Oh shoot, lead drops to 0.148 secs and the Cizeta due to drunk driving falls behind the Saleen. The Zonda has also made it past the Cizeta
so my buffer is down to the Saleen, and he’s no slouch either. Darn, what I have to put myself through for a measely 15 points :banghead: ;)
The Zonda is trailing by 1.1 secs

Lap 6
I’m still ahead of the Saleen and I have to block him, lead on the start finish line is 0.074secs. My biggest nightmare just became fact.
The Zonda overtakes the Saleen just after the tunnel and I have 80% of a lap to do…..
At T2 I manage to increase the lead to 0.213 secs. My palms are getting sweaty and the adrenaline rushes through my body. :ill:
Oh please keep the car on the track and ahead of the Zonda, ppplllleeeeaaaaasssssseeee. (followed by a lot of 🤬 thinking)

My prayers are heard ! :)

MoV 0.147 secs. Increased A specs from 185 to 200. Oh yes, I'm a happy person :) :)

Results
F BMW GTR______ 8'21.886
D Zonda C12S '02_ 8'22.033
B Saleen S7 '02___ 8'22.479
C Spyker '02______8'26.881
A Cizeta V16T '94_ 8'29.973
E Callaway C12 '03 -'-.---

Hope you enjoyed this report on a fairly short race. Please leave a comment. 👍

AMG.

Another great report AMG., sadly I've not spread enough rep about yet to send another tick your way! :( :guilty:

It should be possible, given the right lineup, even with the Cien in place to win this in a stock BMW M5 for 200 points, although it gave me white knuckles :scared: and required a little blocking.

Actually, I still have the replay of this one! Just re-watched it.
The lineup I faced, had Saleen S7 on pole, VW Nardo W12 2nd, Ford GT 3rd, Cadillac Cien 4th and Spyker Laviolette 5th, with my BMW M5 starting 6th.
It relied heavily on the fact that the Cien couldn't pass the VW until the end of lap 3, and was stuck behind the Saleen until the beginning of lap 5 and I'd built a 4s lead by this point. Had a 1.2s lead into the final lap, as the Caddy gained quickly, but he hit the wall in the 1st tunnel and dropped back before catching up remarkably fast to finish exactly 0.200s behind! :eek:

Back