Which is the best James Bond film?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Famine
  • 37 comments
  • 2,374 views

Which is the best James Bond Film?

  • Dr. No (1962)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thunderball (1965)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You Only Live Twice (1967)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Live And Let Die (1973)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Man With The Golden Gun (1974)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Living Daylights (1987)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Licence To Kill (1989)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The World Is Not Enough (1999)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Casino Royale - non-canonical (1967)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    45

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
Messages
92,480
United Kingdom
Rule 12
Messages
GTP_Famine
Just to follow on from the Casino Royale thread, and to keep it clearerer, which is the best James Bond film.

Voting above, reasoning below. Or else!
 
TWINE was great I think, but my vote resides with Goldeneye.
The plot was magnificent, and there's just something about it that means I keep going back and watching it.

The CGI of the Goldeneye satellite was pretty bangin' too.
 
Goldfinger.jpg

Very tough choice, but I had to go for Goldfinger... I grew up watching Roger Moore as Bond, and until recently, I would have said either 'Live And Let Die' or 'The Man With The Golden Gun' were my two favourites... I also like both Timothy Dalton films, esp. 'The Living Daylights', although (oddly) I think that the theme music has influenced my memory somewhat, since I also remember 'A View To A Kill' fondly as well, mainly because my favourite themes are from those 80's films, and 'Live And Let Die'...I've never been a fan of the newer films, and I get a bit confused between which Connery film is which... however 'Goldfinger' stands out as especially memorable - it just has everything, and is a quality movie through and through - also, where else can Sean Connery squeeze in so many Pussy jokes with a straight face? :p

edit: funny how the bar in the poll next to Goldfinger is gold...
 
Goldfinger. Auric and Odd Job were the best two villains of all time. Jaws has to be second, but I didn't care for the movies he was in. Plus, he becomes a good guy and talks in the second movie, which totally sucked.

Second best movie is Dr. No and third would be A View To A Kill.

BTW, I know a guy who loved the movie Goldfinger so much, he named his kid Auric!
 
Yeah i'm going to have to agree with Gold Finger too. The film has the Aston DB5 (with all the goodies), the laser groin-cutting thingy, gold chicks, Odd Job + more. It's great fun to watch 👍
 
From Russia with love, followed by On her majesty's secret service and Goldfinger.
 
Famine, can you make it a multiple choice poll so we can select the best bond film for the actors that played him in more then one movie.

I say that just because watching the Sean Connery versions now, as cool as he is, can't really compare when you start talking technology, effects, or anything else effected by the advancement of time :)
 
Agreed with Dave here, From Russia with Love, second would be Goldfinger with Casino Royale 3rd. :)
 
Famine, can you make it a multiple choice poll so we can select the best bond film for the actors that played him in more then one movie.

Nope. No half-measures here. One film and one film only.


I know. I'm evil... :D
 
Oh no, Slick Rick gave a vote to Moonraker.. :dunce:
 
:ouch: If your going to vote for one with Jaws in it, The spy who loved me was miles better, infact The spy who loved me was a good one. Most Bond films were good imo though.
 
Well Famine, you saw that Tomorrow Never Dies was Brosnan's best so I took another look at it last night, which brang back many memories if I may say so.
So my opinion has been changed for now, and I can see why TND was so good.

I must find that copy of GoldenEye I have lying around and see what all the fuss is about...
 
So many people hate Moonraker..... :confused: As for the "Best Bond Film", I don't know. I know that some of my favorites are Goldfinger, You Only Live Twice, Goldeneye, and maybe one of the Dalton's that had Benicio Del Toro playing a small role in("License to Kill"?).
 
First things first, I'm a pretty big James Bond fan, and this was very hard for me too choose.

1) I nearly went for Goldeneye as it is easily my favorite "current" Bond movie, easily Brosnan's best one. I love the story, I love the action, and the importance that it had in my life goes without words. But, it was a bit campy at times, sure a far-cry from the Moore days, but still not as "cool" as the originals.

2) I nearly went for Live and Let Die as well, as it is probably my favorite Moore movie. First things first, the theme song is easily my favorite of all the Bond movies... Maybe even my favorite McCartney song? Anyway, I love the boat-chase, the "Pimps" in NYC, and of course, Whisper. Okay, the ending sucks, but it is a "fun" movie, and I still love it.

3) Diamonds are Forever, Forever, Forever, Forever... The last Sean Connery movie, a sweet Mach 1 chase scene, and a rather odd story line. Not the best movie, but again, one of my favorites.

---

So yes, I went with Goldfinger. Sure, it is a bit cliche (sp?) to pick it, but it is arguably the best as it pretty much sets the standards for all Bond movies to follow. Hot chicks, crazy bad guy with henchman, awesome cars, etc. Sean Connery was at his best in this one, no doubts there, and it continues to be my favorite Bond movie of all-time.
 
I have to say for me its Tomorrow Never Dies:D I cant quite explain why:s, it just gave me mor enjoyment than any of the others.

Although i shoudlnt vote until ive seen Casino Royale:p
 
Although i shoudlnt vote until ive seen Casino Royale:p
Good point. I have all the Bond DVDs, except for the two Casino Royales(original & the new one in the theater). Original Casino Royale, I hated it, so I can count that one out. The new one with Craig, I don't think I'm going to like it, but since this one is supposed to be a bit different from other Bond films, I feel that this one might be a wildcard.
 
STFU, Moonraker had lazors!

But it also had Roger Moore... In a space suit, that's like -6'000'000 points straight off..
 
Bee

But it also had Roger Moore... In a space suit, that's like -6'000'000 points straight off..

...Don't forget about the part when they "do it" in space in the stolen American rocket ships in front of the Queen and The President...

That kinda puts it off the charts for me, not to mention the horrible chase sequence in Italy with the whole Pigeon double-take...
 
Goldfinger for sure. Connery was the best Bond. Goldfinger was his best film. Hence, Goldfinger is the best Bond film. Simple really.
 
I love the Roger Moore era Bond films, he's such an unbelieveable action hero/sex symbol and those 70's fit safari suits he wears are just class.

Moonraker is just the most unbelieveable of the lot so gets my vote 👍 - it also has Jaws falling in love for added bogus bonus.
 
...Don't forget about the part when they "do it" in space in the stolen American rocket ships in front of the Queen and The President...

Minister: My god, what's Bond doing!?

Q: I think he's attempting re-entry, sir.

👍
 
Never Say Never Again, because amidst all of the silly (and, at that point, quite cliched) antics of Roger Moore throughout a good portion of the 80's, NSNA brought about the idea of a more decrepit, politically correct, and (dare I say) realistic Bond concept that was great then just as it was great whe Dalton donned the tux, followed by Goldeneye. It was the one that bridged the gap between silly over the top spy junk that had been proliferating into the series since '77, culminating in the horror that was Moonraker and then tapering off; and the more gritty action that the series became after Moore left.
 
There's a vote for Die Another Day, that had horrible HORRIBLE CGI moments, I.E. Bond surfing on the roof of the rocket ice sledge thing..

:grumpy:
 
That's nothing. Two (2!) votes for Moonraker! Apocalypse!
 
...I'm surprised Live and Let Die hasn't had much love outside of my honorable mention. That movie is probably Moore's best, given that it was his first, and the one there was the least amount of time to screw up...
 
Live and let die was great, so was license to kill but neither were the best imo.
 
'Live And Let Die' was always my childhood favourite, but as my taste matured, my preferences lent more towards Sean Canary... 'Live And Let Die' has the best Bond theme, however - by a mile!! That's one thing Goldeneye gets marked down for - Tina Turner :crazy: :yuck:
 
Right off the top of my head, my favorite Bond theme's also from "You Only Live Twice". I think Sinatra's daughter sang it(was it Nancy?).
 
Back