Tuning Competition - Week 17

• Thread starter DuckRacer
  • 7 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

DuckRacer

Premium
Welcome to Week 17 of the GT4 Tuning Competition. Here is everything you need to know to participate.

How it Works

I start the competition every Sunday, listing the name of the car you are to tune, and which track the settings will be tested at. You will not have to tune at that track, but it is highly recommended, since the judges will be testing there.

The judges are:
  • To Be Announced
  • To Be Announced
  • To Be Announced
Once the judges are finished testing all the settings, they will rank each of them on the following categories:
  • Turn-in (entry to corners)
  • Mid-Corner response (whether the car under/oversteers mid-corner or holds the racing line well)
  • Corner exit (how quickly you can exit a corner whilst staying in good control)
  • Stability (rear end staying in line, car not 'jumping' or feeling skittish in turns)
  • Grip (start-offs, how much power can be used without the drive wheels losing traction? Does the car oversteer excessively?)
  • High-speed controllability (whether the car becomes 'frantic' and turns far too sharply at high speeds)
  • Handling while braking (are you able to easily turn the car while braking, and without going into oversteer?)
  • Acceleration (how good is it? Is there a lot of traction while doing it?)
Each category will be rated on a scale of 10 (with 10 being the best). Once the ranking is complete, all of the seperate ratings for a set-up from each judge will be compiled together for that one set-up. This is done with all the other settings, and the one with the highest ranking wins.

The judges will also write a mini-report about the settings, and how they felt driving them.

What to Tune, and Where to Tune At

You will have to tune the Ford Falcon XR8 @ Nürburgring. You must use R2 tires, and no ASM.

Rules

• No ASM, ballast, or nitrous is allowed.
  • You can tune the car in any way you wish, as long you use a reasonable amount of parts (ie don't slap on a sports suspension and a 1.5 LSD and expect to be judged)
  • You must list every single part you used in the PM to me with your settings. Failure to do so will result in a deduction of points.
  • You must PM Me your settings, do not post them here. PM them in the following format:
Code:
Tuner: Your Username

Car: Ford Falcon XR8

Part List:

[B]Suspension[/B]
-Spring Rate: 12.0 / 12.0
-Ride Height: 100 / 100
-Bound: 6 / 6
-Rebound: 8 / 8
-Camber: 2.0 / 1.0
-Toe: 0 / 0
-Stabilizers: 3 / 3

[B]LSD[/B]
-Initial: 10
-Acceleration: 40
-Deceleration: 20

[B]Downforce[/B]
Amount: 30 / 30

[B]Driving Aids[/B]
-TCS: 0

[B]Brake Controller[/B]
-Brakes: 3 / 3

[B]Transmission[/B]
Gear Ratios
1st:
2nd:
3rd:
4th:
5th:
6th:
Final Gear:

Autoset 10
Deadline

Deadline is Monday, December 25th (if you have to tune on Christmas to make the deadline, don't, just enjoy your family).

Good luck!

Well, slap an NA stage 3 tuneup, or a stage 3 turbo on, and you´ll have a few issues, I promise you! And the car doesn´t really handle the ´Ring very good on its default setup either...

Well, slap an NA stage 3 tuneup, or a stage 3 turbo on, and you´ll have a few issues, I promise you! And the car doesn´t really handle the ´Ring very good on its default setup either...
I am worried about using too much power right now :lol:. That handling is not very good? have to learn more then.

...Umm, wow. Only two entries and no judges. On the first biweek. At a time when everyone is not in school/at work.

no.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back