Give (and receive) GTPremium easier than ever this year!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 5 comments

Jordan

Site Founder
Administrator
United States
United States
GTP_Jordan
GTP_Jordan
By popular demand, I'm happy to finally introduce fully integrated GTPremium gift subscriptions. Any user can now pay to instantly upgrade another user's account to GTPremium Status! Simply click on anyone's username next to any of their posts, and select "Give GTPremium". You'll also find a new link on all user profile pages, directing you to upgrade that particular user's account. The link takes you to a page where you can select the desired subscription (monthly, annual, or lifetime), send payment, and watch as the user's account is instantly upgraded! It's fully automatic and completely anonymous - the user whose account is upgraded will not be informed of who paid for their subscription unless you tell them. :)

If you don't know much about GTPremium, read up on all the features it provides. GTPremium users also enjoy 500MB of webspace for their photos and videos in the GTPlanet Gallery in addition to the other listed features. If you have a parent, spouse, or friend who wants to buy you GTPremium, simply tell them how to register an account here and direct them to the appropriate link on your user profile page. It's fast, easy, secure, and fool-proof!

Note that you will be unable to give GTPremium subscriptions to Administrators, Moderators, existing Premium users, or banned users. As always, let me know if you have any questions, problems, or concerns and have a very merry Christmas!

do you mean pay for someone else to have Permium as a christmas present or a gift? sounds good:)

Jordan, the link on the GTPremium "Payment Options" page isn't working. When I click to use PayPal I get forwarded to a forum page that says I don't have permission to do that. It does work if I use the "Sign me up!" page, though.

Just out of interest, is it possible for a member to refuse Premium if someone buys it for them?

Jordan, the link on the GTPremium "Payment Options" page isn't working. When I click to use PayPal I get forwarded to a forum page that says I don't have permission to do that. It does work if I use the "Sign me up!" page, though.
Wow, I thought I fixed that ages ago - should be set now. Thanks! 👍

Just out of interest, is it possible for a member to refuse Premium if someone buys it for them?
Why, are you getting worried? :P You aren't presented the option before your account is upgraded, but anyone can always cancel their subscription at any time by contacting me.

Back