Would you skip GT5 if it does not have force feedback?

• Thread starter Raitziger
  • 54 comments

would you leave GT5 alone if there is no force feedback?

• yes

Votes: 60 46.9%
  • no

Votes: 68 53.1%

• Total voters
I would still; play GT5, assuming it is still a quality game. Force feedback did not make or break the game, it added to it. This might be partly because I just now got a DFP, but I would not be turned off because I couldn't use force feedback.

Now, I know I wouldn't buy a new wheel that would have force feedback. I won't justify their ploy if that happens.

Up until last night Gran Turismo was an excellent game without a wheel. Now it is an awesome game with a wheel. I am willing to bet it will be an excellent game if the wheel didn't kick back on me and let me feel the road. I can take one small step down in control for a game that holds my attention the way Gran Turismo does.

-> It really doesn't matter to me if GT5 doesn't have any force feedback, at least on the new Siaxxis controller.

-> And like FoolKiller, I won't buy a wheel without FFB, imagine the highly anticipating Logitech G25 for the PS3 doesn't have it, that would make Logitech at risk of bankruptcy. :indiff:

This is just my opinion and people can take it for what it is. GT3 and 4 are excellent games on their own. I agree whole heartedly with the previous post about that. If you have the ability to get a wheel it then becomes a whole different experience. One that made me at least never want to go back to using the controller. Wen my buds come over to try the wheel experience they agree it adds a whole different level of fun. I might be in the minority here, but I invested in a B.R.D. (Ball Racing Developments) chassis and a Cobra seat and use a wheel on it of course. I have since bought a G25 wheel and do own the DFP. The G25 is the next leap forward and a better wheel IMO. Now if we get GT5 and there is no FF support for whatever reasons then I see that as a step backwards for the type of customer I am. Again, not everyone may feel this way, but how can you make a premiere racing title and not have FF? It's a step backwards. It's like asking consumers to play their favorite new Halo/whatever and to only use the directional buttons. Why would you want to do that? So to answer this long winded opinion LOL I would personally skip the game (GT5) and for that matter the PS3 if FF weren't supported until both the system and the game had bargain pricing. IMO I just hope that FF is supported. I'm already bummed out that the new F-1 game will come without FF supprt according to the article I read over a Gamespot.

if you are wondering why i ask this go to ->
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=89866
GT;HD concept does support force feedback with a wheel, though for some reason the setting in the options is not available in the american demo download, it is in the Japanese one. I don't think GT:HD concept will not support it, there are no legal problems with Sony games supporting force feedback functions, it's the action production of force feedback devices that Sony had the legal issues for. I will buy GT5 with or without force feedback, I'd prefer it to have it because I have a perfectly good DFP that has it, but the FF alone will not be the deciding factor over if I do or do not buy GT5.

^^hi live4.
It seems as though The force feedback has been pulled from the japenese demo in the latest upgrade. Sony are obviously seriously worried that any use of FF through any Product they have a holding in, should not appear on the market until all the issues are fully resolved, this includes any Software that Sony itself has a hand in.

With regard to whether or not ill get GT5 or not if no force feedback appears is difficult to call at this stage.
But considering that for me GT4 was only playable for any length of time with the DFP with force feedback, it will be a huge miss! Im not a collector and therefore dont drive races just to win the next car. I like to use my skill and feel the limits of the car to set laptimes or race in close competion. The lack of online and nothing much in the way of inspiring gameplay in GT4 lead to it being an occasional pick up after the first 4 weeks.
Guess it depends what you looking for in your racing games, Graphics impress for five minutes, Feeling the car is where its at for me now!! after 25years of racing games its where i expect it to be!! that and the ability to race online in a machine that i can feel if im in control of or not.
For me The lack of any force feedback would be as bad as GT4 having Online removed!
Being such a racing game nut, i would probably still buy it and spend some time with it(regardless of what i said in my other post), but it could be the difference in the game being a superb driving experience or merely slighly above average in the gameplay stakes with the bonus of lots of pretty content.

I guess those that have never used a DFP with ff in gt will not understand how important an addition it is to the game, but turning off FF or using the hand held controller leaves me feeling empty now, and there are plenty of other racers out there that i can play that way.

So i guess it would for me, just be such a huge disapointment and a step backward. With The PS3, PD now have the potential to deliver a totally immersive racing experience, lack of force feedback would detract greatly!

I think it's a silly question because we all know there will be force feedback in GT5..

EDIT: i voted no btw.. it will still be one of the best racing games in the world!

It's funny. I got flamed for pointing out that Sony and Immersion are going through some legal battles in another thread. I also pointed out that FF as of right now doesn't work while others keep saying it works on theirs. It seems that Japanese demos did (maybe) and now they don't. Seems like no one can make up their minds, most of all SONY.
Anyway, I agree. NO FF would be a step backwards and as disapointing as having no Online play. Let's just hope the fine folks over at Sony, PD and even Logitech are reading these posts and opinions. Give us the tools in which racing games should be played with :sly:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the Immersion deal was exclusively for the rumble feature in the Dual Shock controllers? What does rumble have to do with Logitech's force-feedback? They're two completely different things.

I'm sure they have a good reason for not including it in the Concept demo, and I doubt it has anything to do with Immersion, especially as this is a product that's already been released.

There is no doubt in my mind at all that GT5 will include full force-feedback for all supported wheels.

PS3+GT5+G25+FFB = Me Happy

PS3+GT5+G25 - FFB = Me buying 360 and Forza2 instead

So you'd waste $460 plus tax, on something you may not be satisfied with in the longrun, then waiting and spending 560 or 660 on something you know it's worth it.💡 have fun! lol.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the Immersion deal was exclusively for the rumble feature in the Dual Shock controllers? What does rumble have to do with Logitech's force-feedback? They're two completely different things.
Indeed they are, the G25 even has the Immersion licence. Somehow I have a feeling that the FF was left out due to not being fully developed at the time of the release and they didn't want to put out an unfinalized product. No feedback is actually a better option than one functioning improperly if you think of it.

- R -

to be honest... if there is no force feedback, i would be in no rush to play gran turismo. there are plenty of pc racing games to look forward to playing.

Well, I would still buy, play and most likely enjoy GT5, but it would be a step backward in the evolution of the GT series to not include FFB.

Heck, I played GT3, 4 with the DS2 without rumble turn on and I still enjoyed the hell out of those two games. I'll indeed will get GT5 regardless of FF.

Indeed they are, the G25 even has the Immersion licence. Somehow I have a feeling that the FF was left out due to not being fully developed at the time of the release and they didn't want to put out an unfinalized product. No feedback is actually a better option than one functioning improperly if you think of it.

- R -

It has nothing to do with logitech's license its all to do with the license between Sony/PD in gt or rather lack of it, for the use of all force feedback technology and code.
The software cant make use of the code to make use of any of immersions patents.

The lack of a license between Sony and Immersion means that Sony cannot use Immersion's rumble in its controllers; developers are still allowed to put the rumble code into their games.

The lack of a license between Sony and Immersion means that Sony cannot use Immersion's rumble in its controllers; developers are still allowed to put the rumble code into their games.

Except where Sony has anything to do with the developers. Rumble technology includes the code in games to get ff/rumble to the controllers.
PD is owned by Sony. Thedevelopers need licensing too!
Sony cant use rumble in its controllers or in any of the software it puts out to the public.
Sony wont pay for its use until legal wranglings are over. that would be an admission on Sonys behalf that they have infringed on Immersions rights and there court defence and appeals would fall apart, leaving Sony liable for more huge payouts.
The legal battle means Sony dare not have anything they are involved with, infringe on immersions patents, for risk of being screwed even more than they have already, should it finally go against them.
The corprate lawyers are not about to give up on this on both sides because the sums of money are huge. Sony cant really afford it right now as times are hard with the funding invested in PS3 and currently under producing, times are hard so to speak.
The only get out Sony have is to negotiate a deal with immersion, but that can be difficult in the middlel of a legal battle.

ive only played gt4 a couple of times on a wheel so other than that i dont mind if it has no ff since i doubt ill be buying a wheel for ps3... i will miss rumble in all games though...

I posted some of this in the aforementioned thread this morning, but....anyway, more fuel for this rapidly developing fire:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156211

"Sony Computer Entertainment America confirmed that there would be no
supported force feedback technology with its PlayStation 3. They told 1UP
the following:
All PS3 games are programmed for the SIXAXIS which doesn't
have force feedback, therefore the force feedback in the
wheels won't be recognized.
"

I played and enjoyed GT4 on my PS2 and 1080i HDTV. I played it with my DFP, and I kept at it long enough to earn exactly 100,000 A-Spec Points, and 10,000 B-Spec Points. I sincerely enjoyed every minute of it.

I got a PS3 just before Christmas, downloaded the GTHD Demo on Christmas Day, and played it for a couple of hours. The graphics are great, even at 1080i (I don’t have 1080p, yet), but the lack of Force Feedback through the DFP is just not acceptable (to me).

It seems as if Sony cannot believe, or accept the fact that they have lost the suit that was filed against them by Immersion. I believe that this lawsuit is still going through the appeals process, but Sony is going to have to pay up sooner or later in order to keep their fan base happy.
http://fedcir.gov/calendar.html

There are several posts here on GTPlanet indicating that Force Feedback is actually implemented on at least one Japanese Version of the GTHD Demo (apparently no longer available), but it seems as if it only works on the PS3 that is intended for the Japanese market.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2523461&postcount=28

I also went to the trouble of buying the PS2/PS3 Memory Card Adapter and I transferred two memory cards over to the PS3. I was playing Final Fantasy XII, but I could not get it to look as 'sharp' playing it through the PS3 as it looked on the PS2. I played FF XII for a couple of hours on the PS3, decided that it actually looked better and was more enjoyable on the PS2, and only then did I discover that I could not transfer this updated FF XII save back to the memory card.

IMHO, the present state of backwards compatibility with PS2 games on the PS3 needs lots of improvement. If this is not fixed, and if I find out that, OFFICIALLY, there will never be Force Feedback for games played on the PS3, I will officially have no use for it.

I really hope that this could all be a joke, or a bad dream.....but since it appears to be a fact, I can only hope that Sony will come to their senses before they completely destroy their fan base. Otherwise, I personally see no use whatsoever for my PS3, and I will certainly attempt to sell it as the opportunity presents itself.

There is one reason why I bought PS2 and GT4, that was DFP wheel with force feed back! I did enjoy and I'm still enjoying to play GT4 but without FF, GT5 and PS3 will be no option at all.

I don't know whether it is true that GT5 will not have FF, it could just be a malicious rumour.

Still for the purpose of this poll:

No FF = no GT5/PS3 for me.👎

My message to Sony is simple: Remove support for my DFP and I'll remove support for your GT5 and PS3. Simple.;)

I don't know whether it is true that GT5 will not have FF, it could just be a malicious rumour.

My message to Sony is simple: Remove support for my DFP and I'll remove support for your GT5 and PS3. Simple.;)

I'm with you 100%, I spent alot of money getting a PS3 and a HD TV, then I downloaded the demo GTHD and without the FF it just plain sucks. If GT5 doesn't have FF I'll sell my PS3 and put the HD TV in my bedroom!!!

well as for the vibration function. i could care less. we know that no PS3 games will support the vibration function in the controllers untill the lawsuit is resolved. the fact that the controller dosnt have the hardware for it means nothing. Nothing is stoping sony from releasing the sixaxis2 once the lawsuit is settled. force feedback for the wheels on the other hand is a MAJOR issue. and if GT5 dosnt have that, it will ruin the game for those who play with wheels. i sincerly hope that PD will delay the release of GT5 untill the lawsuit is settled so that they can release the game with force feedback support for wheels. or perhaps they could release an update for the game through the online store that adds force feedback functionality. i will buy a PS3 and GT5 either way, simply because it will be an awsome game, but if it dosnt support force feedback i will not be bying a G25.

Unfortunately, I have zero interest in a racing sim with no force feedback. I had no interest in racing sims prior to GT4 with the DFP, and still have no interest in them. Sometimes the controller does make the game (witness the popularity of the Wii, the controller system is proving to be so popular the outdated graphics aren't hurting sales that much). For me, the lack of ability to "feel" the car eliminates any interest I have in the game.

That's laughable since you've never shown support... I've not seen you say one good thing about the possibilities of GT5.

If anything, you've consistantly gone out of your way to show support for Forza/FM2 and the Xbox/360.

In any case, thanks for the laugh. :P

Btw, I wouldn't remove my support for PD if there's no FF since I've never owned a wheel and don't really plan to either. :sly:

I never had FFB on GT4 until I bought my DF. So I would definitley buy GT5, if not for the sheer amount of cars, but for the gameplay.

Back