• Thread starter Pako
  • 39 comments

Pako

Staff Emeritus
United States
NW Montana
GTP-Pako
GTP Pako
Just wanted to share my initial findings. Help build the list as you try new devices.

Compatible Accessories
Headsets:
Plantronics Discovery 640 Bluetooth
See Post #9 and #14

Keyboards/Mouse:
Logitech Internet 1500 USB Wireless
Logitech MX 3100 Cordless Laser Desktop (keyboard LX700 / mouse MX 1000)

Storage Devices:
30GB iPod Video
PNY Mini Attache 1GB USB
SanDisk Cruzer Mini 128MB USB flash drive
SanDisk Cruzer Micro USB 2.0 1GB Flash Drive
Western Digital 400GB My Book External Hard Drive USB 2.0 Format FAT32

Webcams:
PS2 Eye Toy Camera

Incompatible Accessories
Headsets:

Keyboards/Mouse:

Storage Devices:
CRS Electronics USB 2.0 512mb Flash Drive

Webcams:
Logitech Quickcam Express

Compatiable:

Logitech MX 3100 Cordless Laser Desktop (keyboard LX700 / mouse MX 1000)

Compatible: 30GB iPod Video; Motorola H3 Bluetooth headset (I assume it works, it paired fine but I haven't actually used it yet).

Anybody know if the Jawbone headset works?

My broward general hospital flash drive doesn't work. I don't know who makes it, though.

Duċk;2528448
Semi-compatible: 4th Gen 20GB iPod. It was recognized, but it didn't recognize it's unique file system.

If you hit "display all" then it should give you the full layout of all folders.

My brother has a 4th gen 20GB and I can see all his files just fine.

Users /headset/average score/Link (if possible)
7 / Motorola/H500 / 7.5/10 / here
2 / Jabra/BT500 / *missing* / here
2 / Sony/HBH-610a / 9/10 / here
2 / Motorola/H350 / *missing* / here
1 / ? ? ?/GE BTHS / 7/10 / couldn't find any
2 / Logitech/Mobile Traveller / *missing* / here
6 / Motorola/H850 / 9/10 / either this or this
1 / Plantronics/Explorer 340 / *missing* / here
3 / Jabra/JX10 / 9.5/10 / here
3 / Motorola/H700 / 8.5/10 / here
2 / Nokia/BH-200 / 6/10 / here
1 / Plantronics/M1000 / 4/10 / here
5 / Jabra/BT250v / 9.7/10 / here
1 / Plantronics/655 / *missing* / here
1 / Motorola/H300 / *missing* / here
1 / Cardo/Scala 500 / 8.5 /10 / here
1 / Logitec/Mobile Express / *missing* / here
1 / Plantronics/voyager 510 / 7.5/10 / here
1 / Soyo/FreeStyler 500 / 6.5/10 / here
1 / Motorola/HS801 / *missing* / here
1 / Motorola/HS815 / *missing* / here
1 / Plantronics/M2500 / *missing* / here

If you hit "display all" then it should give you the full layout of all folders.

My brother has a 4th gen 20GB and I can see all his files just fine.

I know that, I can see the files, but you don't see it all correctly. It looks like if you browsed through it on a computer (ie no playlists and such). With the X360, you can sort through albums, artists, playlists, etc, just like you do it on the iPod itself.

Duċk;2528608
I know that, I can see the files, but you don't see it all correctly. It looks like if you browsed through it on a computer (ie no playlists and such). With the X360, you can sort through albums, artists, playlists, etc, just like you do it on the iPod itself.

It shows all tracks, and if you copy them, it sorts them by albums. Once it's copied to your PS3, you can organize it by Album, Artist, Genre, and All.

wonde if my 40GB Western digital Passport External hard drive works with it. Worked with the PS2 in GT4 photomode and worked fine on my xbox 360

Updated. German Muscle, I tried my Western Digital "My Book" external drive today and it works like a charm. Chances your's will work as well..., let us know if you get a chance to try it out.

Ok, this is from the PS3 forums, but very useful information none the less. List of compatable blue tooth headsets:

*A note on pairing problems:

Even if you have to set up your mic every play session they usually work fine once you do. If you can live with it then almost all brands are fine. IMO resetting each time is a problem.

* Some headsets have a "Pairing Mode" that you need to turn on before you can pair it with any device, so check the headset instructions.
* If you use the same headset for your phone and PS3 you may have to re-pair for each use. Some have reported having both a phone and a PS3 paired at the same time with no problems.
* You may have to pair again after charging ANY headset.

*A note on voice chat drops:

* Some users report mics cutting out in game. Running the setup again can help with this problem. Be sure to have the headset instructions handy when you reset.

*A note on stereo mics:

* If you have a stereo headset mic (2 speakers) it will only play the voices of the other players. Game sounds and music will still play over your regular speakers.

*A note on SOCOM (PS2):

* SOCOM will not work with your Bluetooth headset. You can use your USB mic for SOCOM games.

*A note on PS2 USB mics:

* PS2 USB mics are working with PS3 games that support voice chat.

Brand and Model List: (brand names are linked)

Motorola (Model H700 has an "A" and "B" version with different pairing procedures. Here's the link to Motorola FAQ to help with the issue)

* HS850 (9) reports needs paired at restart (1) reports O.K.
* HS830 (1) reports needs paired at restart
* HS820 (2) reports needs paired at restart
* HS810 (1) reports O.K.
* HT820 (3) reports needs paired at restart (1) reports just not working (1) reports O.K.
* H700 (see note above) (8) report needs paired at restart (5) reports O.K.
* H670 (1) reports O.K.
* H605 (1) reports O.K.
* H500 (17) reports O.K. (5) reports needs paired at restart
* H350 (9) reports O.K. (1) reports needs paired at restart
* H300 (6) reports O.K.
* 89074J (1) reports O.K.

Jabra

* JX-10 (1) reports O.K.
* BT125 (13) reports O.K. (1) reports needs paired at restart
* BT135 (1) reports O.K.
* BT150 (2) reports O.K.
* BT250 (2) reports needs paired at restart (1) reports O.K.
* BT350 (2) reports needs paired at restart (1) reports O.K.
* BT500 (1) reports needs paired at restart

Sony-Ericsson

* HBH-608 (2) reports needs paired at restart
* HBH-610 (3) reports O.K.
* HBH-GV435 (1) reports needs paired at restart

Plantronics

* Discovery 655 (2) reports O.K.
* Explorer 320 (10) reports O.K.
* Pulsar 590A (1) reports O.K.
* Voyager 510 (2) reports O.K.

Southwing (Cingular)

* SA505 (1) reports O.K.

Cardo

* Scala 500 (2) reports O.K.
* Scala 700 (1) reports O.K.

Encore Electronics

* ENBTHS-011 (1) reports O.K.

LG

* HBM 300 (2) reports O.K.

Tekkeon

* ET2000 (1) reports O.K.

Samsung

* WEP150 (1) reports needs paired each restart
* WEP200 (1) reports O.K.

Nokia

* HS-26W (1) reports O.K.

I am going for the Plantronics320

Its just overall "the best"

ill let you know if I get any more info, but check for yourself here

If you click the link on that post I made, you can find that update #20 is on the PS3 forums

So go there and check it out

:::::::::::::::::::::::

But the plantronics 320 has had NO PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER

DWA
What do you guys think of this for $30? worth it?
I like it!

I use the same wireless full-size keyboard and gyro-mouse from Gyration, that I use for my HTPC, but it is bulky. This snap on mini-QWERTY keyboard would be a lot more convenient, especially for the games that will support additional keyboard controls.

I wish it had an actual picture of how the "snap" on actually works, instead of that small artist rendering which only shows that it apparently snaps such that the keyboard is above the L1 & R1 buttons, which makes sense, as otherwise it would get in the way.

If I were to guess, I’d say it’s got a couple clamp like devices that grasp vertically on the left and right side of the "Sony" label... or somewhere near there.

Heck, for just $30, I might get one just to try out.

Thanks for the heads-up DWA. 👍

I believe it's raised up over the l and r button? Either way I think it would've made more sense to put it on the joystick side but maybe it can be configured that way?

41DYl7Z2HPL._AA280_.jpg

14514202764.jpg

Thanks for the pic! That actually looks like a really good clamp design. 👍

One question though... I don't see a shift key, does it only do upper case, or by hitting the "SYMB" button it cycles through upper case, lower case, and then symbols?

I'd really like to see some reviews on this product! It would be great for those first person shooters, in my opinion.

Ask an ye shall receive :

IGN Review

[Edit:]

IGN Hands on Review

Originally Posted by IGN
on the Fragchuck positioned just above the two relocated L1 and L2 shoulder buttons. Dubbed the Flash or Frag button, when depressed it progressively desensitizes the mouse in accordance with the button's degree of depression. We immediately understood its usefulness for taking quick aim with the mouse at full speed and then slowing the movement down to put someone's forehead right in the crosshairs and hold it there.

I have GOT to [get] me one of those...

Very interesting design. So what games would you benefit from by using a controller like that?

20gig cigar soyo works well :) i usually just use it for work but decided to try and transfer some movies/music and no troubles :)

not my pic.

CES2005_SOYO6.jpg

Check out this cool little Bluetooth backlit mini-keyboard & dual-purpose ClickPad & TrackPad by Logitech called the DiNovo Mini that's being shown at CES right now:

5820.1.0.jpg

5819.1.0.jpg

6019.1.0.jpg

5824.1.0.jpg

5823.1.0.jpg

The suggested retail price of $150 seems quite high, but I bet we will see these selling for under $75 if demand grows. 👍

The PS2 to XBOX, GC and usb converter cable does not work correctly, it acts as if the left d-pad button is being pressed (came with cheap steering wheel from wal-mart)

Just wanted to share my initial findings. Help build the list as you try new devices.

Compatible Accessories

Storage Devices:
30GB iPod Video
PNY Mini Attache 1GB USB
SanDisk Cruzer Micro USB 2.0 1GB Flash Drive
Western Digital 400GB My Book External Hard Drive USB 2.0

I suppose that someone has used the PS3's Backup Utility with success. I need some help on this matter. My 60GB PS3, purchased 12/24/06, will not read Blu-Ray discs or any PS3 games, and I have received notice that it will be repaired by Sony, under Warranty.

As I wait for my 'coffin', I am attempting to use the Backup Utility, and I need approximately 25 GB of space on an external storage device. I own a SimpleTech 250 GB, USB 2.0, Portable External Hard Drive. It was initially formatted in NTFS, and I used Disk Management in Windows XP to delete that partition, and create a primary partition of 31.25 GB in FAT32 (this is formatted, and 201.64 GB of this drive are presently unallocated).

When I connect this external hard drive to my PS3, and launch the Backup Utility, I eventually get to a screen instructing me to "Insert Storage Media at the Save Destination".

The PS3 does not seem to recognize this drive at all, and I have had no problems with other storage media, including a 4GB PNY Optima Pro Attache, for example. I suppose that my device is incompatible, unless someone can spot something that is totally wrong in the procedure that I've used.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as well as recommendations on an external drive that I can actually use to back up about 25 GB of data.

Aren't you supposed to use NTFS formatted drives with the PS3?

From,
Chris.

Latest Posts

Back