New option under "Instant Messaging" in profile?

• Thread starter Pako
  • 13 comments

Pako

Staff Emeritus
United States
NW Montana
GTP-Pako
GTP Pako
Can we add a "PS3 Network Username" under "Instant Messaging" in the user profiles? I wasn't sure if those fields were completely customizable, but what a great resource for connecting our GTP community in the online gaming community, especially with the upcoming release of GT5 and it's online gameplay support. :)

Just a thought.

And PS2 online names, because not all of us will be able to get a PS3.
Maybe just 2-3 online name fields, maybe with a drop down menu for XBL, Wii, etc.

EDIT: PS3 has been added.

From,
Chris.

Duċk;2527571
If we're going to add this, we may as well add XBL Gamertags and Wii Friend Codes.

But this site is based around games on the PS1, 2 and 3; not Wiis or 360s. If you go that far, you could argue why not have Xfire and PC game usernames (e.g Multi theft auto).

According to the NZ PS3 website my PS3 Online username thingy is now 'reserved' as SkylineObsession but it has to be verified when i get a PS3 or something?

Wow, how do you go about reserving a name? Through the US site I couldn't find a thing that allowed you to reserve a name. Do you have to be a member of the forum or something?

Wow, how do you go about reserving a name? Through the US site I couldn't find a thing that allowed you to reserve a name. Do you have to be a member of the forum or something?

That function is only available to people outside the US and (I think) Japan, since the PS3 hasn't been released there.

Maybe if we in the PS3 forum, then it can change are forum avatars to a PS3 Network name card or something. But if you’re not inside of the PS3 forum, then it would just show a little icon like MSN, while showing are standard avatar.

Maybe if we in the PS3 forum, then it can change are forum avatars to a PS3 Network name card or something. But if you’re not inside of the PS3 forum, then it would just show a little icon like MSN, while showing are standard avatar.

The PS3 doesn't have gamercards with gamerscore and achievements and crap, so it'd be practically pointless from the get go.

It has a simple username, and that's it.

We all would be better off putting PSIDs in our sigs.

Back