Speed 12

• Thread starter sliderulz
  • 63 comments
Originally posted by sliderulz
Who on this forum thinks the Speed 12 is insane?
I think the car in general sucks.
Its too twitchy, doesnt handle worth a darn and has too much torque to really be fast.
The only thing I like about it is I can sell if for half a million dollars and get a better car. :D
Misnblu

Originally posted by DessViperV-10
well lots of things actually...
1.it sucks
2.its ugly
3.too much torque
4.its ugly...
5.did i mentions its ugly????
Yeah, it looks like some kind of spider eyes for headlamps and is ugly.
In real life, the car isnt bad looking and looks good on paper.
Misnblu

The speed 12 is ugly I agree.

sounds like a train, handles like a washing machine (Spin Setting) but I agree, go in the Gran Turismo All Stars Race race the red rock valley track twice and thats more than 1,000,000 in the bank!

PS: I hate the colour but heres a piccy.

Attachments

• tvr127.jpg
    tvr127.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 230
ewwww...
thats hella ugly.

hmm, i should play gt2 again...ive learned a fair bit from these threads alone, so i might try and get past my all time record of 27.45% in the game

the speed 12 could have a viper EASY.. ok so its a v12 and obviously it out powers it but it would be great to see a viper tuned up to the TVRs level and watch em race. :)

Aw come on, it doesn't suck all that bad, unless you can't control it. I can drive it just fine, as long as I stick Super Soft tires on it. It's fun to powerslide around Tahiti Road in it :D Then again, I can't drive a normal Viper for anything :/

I agree the front end is really ugly though. That stupid headlight thing they did really sucks, and almost ruins the looks of the car :/

And the sound really sucks. Seems like they could've spent a little more time on the sound of all the cars in this game. Since when does a '69 Camaro sound like a hair dryer :confused:

Anyway, back to the Speed 12: it doesn't suck, if you know how to drive it.

its ugly, its a beast to handle, even with a wheel on the high speed ring, and all it can do is accelerate and has too much torque. Gee now it just needs to be made by chevy or ford and youd have a classic muscle car that everyone would love;) hahahaha, j/k
chris

Its really not a bad looking car in real life. Matter of fact, looks like the Viper boys have been doing a little copying from the speed 12. :D
They have similar lines in a few places.
Just get rid of the projector beam (bug eye) headlights and it would look much better.
Misnblu

Originally posted by boostcreep
its ugly, its a beast to handle, even with a wheel on the high speed ring, and all it can do is accelerate and has too much torque. Gee now it just needs to be made by chevy or ford and youd have a classic muscle car that everyone would love;) hahahaha, j/k
chris

screw you! :P ;)

By the way, you forgot Dodge. And sure, some muscle cars are ugly *cough*gtx*cough*, but the good ones ('cuda/Charger/Camaro/Mustang/etc.) look great, unless you're looking at the ones that were made in the mid-late 70s. And the Camaro and Mustang and a lot of others could actually handle pretty well, compared to most other cars at the time.

i know i know i know, the mean-ness was all meant in good fun. It is true though with lots of muscle cars. The straight line stability is good, but you lift off throttle for one second on the old cars and you spinspinspin :mad: haha, yeah, oh well they sound awesome though, almost as good as a BOV;)
-chris

It depends a great deal on what course you run the thing on. The smoother faster tracks it is actually quite good at.

A bit tough to handle, but once you get the hang of it, a great car.

Originally posted by DessViperV-10
well lots of things actually...
1.it sucks
2.its ugly
3.too much torque
4.its ugly...
5.did i mentions its ugly????

its not exactly the torque, its the max power and no traction that make it crap. it does look ugly and it does really blow monkeys scrote.

Speed 12...insane...your right!

The engine sounds like a train in the first few gears, doesn't look the very pretty (****ing ugly to tell the truth) and it spins out if you just clip a wall. The only good thing about the Speed 12 is the 800+ horses!

I tried doing seattle circuit in Speed 12...man was that sooo ****ing hard 😈 the b*tch kept on spinning out on me :mad: evry freakin' corner :grumpy:

I LOVE that car.... i think it looks absolutly amazing. It is one of my fastest cars at about 280Mph and it doesnt really handle that bad to me.Awesome car............

You mean there are folks out there who actually drive the thing?
I use it to fatten my bank account. I drove one once, and decided (after futzing with it for a good while) that it was better to sell it and try to win the LM Cerbera. It's the one TVR that can be driven with less than 175% of your attention. IT's okay to have a woman that needs that kind of attention. In a car, not so hot. especially considering that it won't scratch your back.

Back