G25 FAQs and Q & A's **FEEL FREE TO ADD**

• Thread starter djblackmon
  • 103 comments
Okay, many people seem comfused with the G25, so I will start a FAQ thread. Feel free to post and facts about the G25.

For PC System Requirements
PC with Pentium® processor or compatible
256 MB RAM
20 MB of available hard disk space
CD-ROM drive
USB port
Windows® XP or Windows Vista™

PlayStation®2 Driving Game Compatible with the 900-Degree Steering
Evolution GT™ by Lago Srl.
Flatout™ by Empire Interactive
Gran Turismo™ 4 by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Midnight Club™ 3: DUB Edition by Rockstar Games
Need for Speed Underground® 2 by Electronic Arts
Need for Speed Most Wanted® by Electronic Arts
Richard Burns Rally™ by SCi Games
Street Racing Syndicate™ by Empire Interactive
Test Drive® Eve of Destruction by Atari
TOCA Race Driver™ 2 by Codemasters
TOCA Race Driver™ 3 by Codemasters

PlayStation®2 Driving Games Compatible with Logitech's Driving Force, Driving Force Pro, and G25 steering wheels
18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker ™ by Acclaim
Auto Modellista by Capcom Entertainment
Burnout™ by Acclaim
Burnout 2: Point of Impact™ by Acclaim
Burnout 3 Takedown™ by Electronic Arts
Burnout™ Revenge by Electronic Arts
Colin McRae™ 3 by CodeMasters Software
Colin McRae™ Rally 4 by Codemasters
Colin McRae™ 2005 by Codemasters
Corvette® by Global Star Software
Driven by Bam Entertainment
Enthusia Professional Racing by Konami
F1™ 2001 by Electronic Arts
F1™ 2002 by Electronic Arts
F1™ Career Challenge by Electronic Arts
Ferrari® F355 Challenge™ by Sega
Flatout™ by Empire Interactive
Ford Mustang: The Legend Lives by 2KGames
Formula One 2001™ by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
Formula One 2002™ by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
Formula One 2003™ by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
Formula One 2004™ by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
Gran Turismo™ Concept: 2001 Tokyo by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Gran Turismo™ Concept: 2002 Tokyo-Geneva by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Gran Turismo™ 3 A-spec by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Gran Turismo™ 4 by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Grand Prix Challenge by Atari
Hot Wheels ™ Velocity X by THQ
Initial D: Special Stage by Sega
Juiced™ by THQ
Knight Rider™ by Universal Interactive
Lotus Challenge™ by Virgin Interactive Entertainment
Midnight Club™ II By Rockstar Games
Midnight Club™ 3: DUB Edition by Rockstar Games
Motor Mayhem ™ by Atari
NASCAR 06 Total Team Control™ by Electronic Arts
NASCAR® Heat™ 2002 by Atari
NASCAR® Heat™ 2: Road To The Championship
NASCAR® Thunder™ 2002 by Electronic Arts
NASCAR® Thunder™ 2003 by Electronic Arts
NASCAR® Thunder™ 2004 by Electronic Arts
NASCAR® 2005: Chase for the Cup™ by Electronic Arts
NASCAR 06 Total Team Control™ by Electronic Arts
Need For Speed™: Carbon by Electronic Arts
Need For Speed™: Hot Pursuit 2 by Electronic Arts
Need For Speed™ Underground by Electronic Arts
Need for Speed Underground® 2 by Electronic Arts
Need for Speed Most Wanted® by Electronic Arts
NHRA™ Championship Drag Racing™ by VSE Games
Pro Race Driver by CodeMasters
R: Racing Evolution by Namco
Rally Championship by CodeMasters
Rally Fusion: Race of Champions by Activision
Richard Burns Rally™ by SCi Games
RoadKill by Midway
Shox™ Electronic Arts
Smuggler´s Run 2: Hostile Territory by Rockstar Games
Starsky & Hutch™ by Gotham Games
Street Racing Syndicate by Namco
The Simpsons™ Hit & Run by Vivendi Universal
The Simpsons™ Road Rage by Electronic Arts
Total Immersion Racing™ by Empire Interactive
Test Drive® by Atari
Test Drive® Off-Road: Wide Open™ by Atari
Test Drive® Eve of Destruction by Atari
TOCA Race Driver™ 2 by Codemasters
TOCA Race Driver™ 3 by Codemasters
Twisted Metal Black Online by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
World of Outlaws: Sprint Cars 2002 by Atari
World Rally Championship™ by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
World Rally Championship™ II Extreme by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
World Rally Championship™ IV by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
V-Rally™ 3 by Atari

Games Known With Working Clutch
Need For Speed: Carbon by EA Games

Game With 6-Speed/H-Gate
Need For Speed: Carbon by EA Games

Interesting Facts
In GT4, when on the inside view with only gauges, no hood if you move D pad around you get a side view!

Q & A's
Q: My G5 ffb feels akward, weaker than before or there is no forces at all. What should I do?
A: Most previous problems with ffb were caused by a loose power lead. So unplug everything and double check the power lead.
Thanks To Raitziger
Q: Does the clutch and H-Gate work on all NFS Carbon games?
A: It works on the PS2, PS3, and PC.
Q: My shifter isn't working right! I can't get it into reverse (and/or sequential mode activates specific gears instead of up/down)!
A: First, make sure you are pushing the knob down when trying to get into reverse. If it still doesn't work, then you've run into a somewhat common G25 problem. Contact Logitech and they'll get you a replacement/repaired shifter.
Q: On the PC, my wheel isn't quite calibrating right! The center position is off by a little bit!
A: If you changed the wheel lock setting (eg. setting it to 720 degrees for Live for Speed), set it back to 900 in the control panel, unplug the wheel, and then plug it back in again. It should calibrate properly. You can then set it back to whatever lock setting you want.
Thanks To Wolfe
* PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD ANY GAMES OR SECTIONS I AM MISSING, AND I WILL UPDATE THE LISTS
** QUOTES ARE FROM LOGITECH WEBSITE, I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR THOSE FACTS.

Q: My g25 ffb feels akward , more weaker than before or there is no forces at all. What sould i do?
A: Most previous problems with ffb were caused by loose power lead. So unplug everything and double check the power lead.

Games Known With Working Clutch
Enthusia Professional Racing by Konami

Although Enthusia has clutch in the game, it won't allow you to map the clutch pedal of the G25 to the in-game clutch. You can only use the clutch with a button. Same goes for the Toca Race Drivers

Although Enthusia has clutch in the game, it won't allow you to map the clutch pedal of the G25 to the in-game clutch. You can only use the clutch with a button. Same goes for the Toca Race Drivers

Thanks for pointing that out. I knew that the game had a clutch, so I thought you could map it, but thanks again for telling me.

Ok, so does the 6 speed or clutch work at all in D1GP? (Though the physics in this game are crap and mainly useful only to that of a ds2 controller)

for nfsc I know that its works on ps2 with clutch + 6gear h-shift. Im not to sure on the ps3. It should work on the PC version...

anyone have some fresh news about games recently released that supports all features of the G25, especially on the PS2? Im buying a G25 soon, im bored to use my old DFP, im a big fan of the GT series, but a want a game that fully supports the clutch and the H-shifter simply to have a great time, im not a big fan of NFS so. :indiff:

EDIT: another question for you guys, someone knows if we have many levels for the force feedback power with the G25, just like the 60 or 100 percent with the DFP? thanks

I recently bought a G25 - enjoying using it. I have one question tho': if I remember rightly the DFP was tight in the center position ie. there was resistance if you moved it left or right from center position. The G25 seems to have quite a bit of play to either side & doesn't automatically center. Is that how it's meant to be?

I recently bought a G25 - enjoying using it. I have one question tho': if I remember rightly the DFP was tight in the center position ie. there was resistance if you moved it left or right from center position. The G25 seems to have quite a bit of play to either side & doesn't automatically center. Is that how it's meant to be?

What system are you on PS3,PS2, or PC. I'm using one on a PS3 and seems tight with the steering and seems to center nicely. Check your wheel options that you have FFB set to strong. Use the DFP settings to change your G25 wheel settings.

On GT4 (PS2) My G25 felt like that until I went to the DFP wheel settings and turned Power Assistance off. At least I think it was called Power Assistance.

EDIT: Whatever it was, it meant that the wheel was giving feedback for understeer, oversteer and rough ground (rather too much feedback over rough ground....) but no self centering feedback and no weight.

Thanks for the replies.

When I fire up GT4 the wheel does its rotations, then does not actually center itself firmly - there is about 30 - 40 degrees play in the wheel. When starting a race I have to position the wheel in the center position otherwise the car will veer off course as soon as the active steering in-game starts. It's not really a big deal, once I'm driving it feels OK, but I seem to remember the DFP very actively centering itself all the time, so I'm wondering if there is something wrong with my G25?

Thanks for the replies.

When I fire up GT4 the wheel does its rotations, then does not actually center itself firmly - there is about 30 - 40 degrees play in the wheel. When starting a race I have to position the wheel in the center position otherwise the car will veer off course as soon as the active steering in-game starts. It's not really a big deal, once I'm driving it feels OK, but I seem to remember the DFP very actively centering itself all the time, so I'm wondering if there is something wrong with my G25?
If you are talking about "rolling" starts in races,missions, and "license test" I think thats normal mine does the same thing, if I'm not holding the wheel the car will take off to one side.I have the G25 wheel. It's like catch me if you can.

Thanks for the replies.

I think you have steering help(i don't remember what is was called) on in options? So put it to off position and try again. I have also g25 and i have played gt4 with it but i heard of this setting after i sold the ps2 :)

I think you have steering help(i don't remember what is was called) on in options? So put it to off position and try again. I have also g25 and i have played gt4 with it but i heard of this setting after i sold the ps2

I think I've tried it with both on & off.

BTW: has anyone figured out what the right-hand button on the wheel does???

I think I've tried it with both on & off.

BTW: has anyone figured out what the right-hand button on the wheel does???

The right hand "red button" on the G25 wheel is for your "nitro" I changed mine to the left button. The left button by defalt is the "look back". You can change these by using the DFP settings in the options menue.

It's the Nitrous oxide upgrade, sorta a cheat.
Is there an adjustable centering spring on the G25?
how long is the warranty?
do the carpet grip spikes go up, for use on wood floors?
Q: How much is it?
A: You can get it for $300 US dollars most everywhere, but at Tiger Direct they sell it for $199(!) USD

It's the Nitrous oxide upgrade, sorta a cheat.
Is there an adjustable centering spring on the G25?
how long is the warranty?
do the carpet grip spikes go up, for use on wood floors?
Q: How much is it?
A: You can get it for $300 US dollars most everywhere, but at Tiger Direct they sell it for $199(!) USD
Nitros upgrade a cheat- yes/no/maybe
Center spring adjustment- not sure
Warranty- 1year limited warranty
carpet grips spikes- yes they go up be carefull not to break the "locks" for these.
Do pedals slide on hardwood floors- yes very much I would use some "toolbox" drawer liner to stop this.

hey guys,

if i slight issue with my g25. I reinstalled windows yesterday and i was just installing the g25 but the weird thing is, my laptop detects is as Driving Force Wheel. When i plug the usb in, the balloon comes up saying G25 Racing Wheel detected but when i install the logitec game controller software it detects it as Driving Force??!!

EDIT:// problem solved. had the wrong drivers installed :P

chris

hey guys, if you use the g25 on a ps3, do all the features that work on PS2 games still work? like FFB for GT4? What about ps2 games that support the clutch pedal, do they still work when you play them on a ps3 with the G25?

hey guys, if you use the g25 on a ps3, do all the features that work on PS2 games still work? like FFB for GT4? What about ps2 games that support the clutch pedal, do they still work when you play them on a ps3 with the G25?

well, i can't help you out for the PS3 because i dont have it yet, but on the ps2 i can.
I have TOCA 3 and the game as the clutch feature. Problem is, the game doesnt recognise the clutch of the G25 so it doesnt work :)

With GT5 Prologue coming soon, I was curious about why TigerDirect didn't list the Logitech G25 for sale in Canada any more. Canadians are supplied through their Illinois warehouse, but it seems the product was removed from sale here because the US supply came with a game that was not allowed to be sold here.

So, after inquiring about this situation, T-D has changed which product SKU is sold in Canada and they are now going to have a ready supply of G25s for Canada, at less than $300CDN. (No, I don't get a commission...)

Cheers,

MasterGT

Back