Favorite Commercials from 2007 Super Bowl (vote on all favorites - rank them in post)

Vote for each of your favorites, then rank them in thread.

• Budweiser - "How Lucky Can One Dog Be"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cingular - "Music Grocery Store"

• Coke - "Life List"

• GM Chevy HHR - "It's Getting' Hot In Here"

• Honda - "Gas Pump Pylons"

• Honda CRV - "Hunk of Burnin' Love"

• HP - "Tuttle OCC Information Highway"

• Izod - "Snow Globe"

• Late Show - "Letterman & Oprah - We Are in Love"

• NCAA March Madness - "The Bubble Team"

• Revlon - "Sheryl Crowe Fade Away Tour"

• Time Warner Cable - "Living Under a Rock"

• Total voters

Digital-Nitrate

1955-2011 R.I.P.
Premium
United States
Austin, Texas
D-Nitrate / GTP_DNitrate
This year's collection of Super Bowl commercials was really quite good for a change! My favorite though was the series of "Jungle Office" commercials from CareerBuilder.com - However, Coke's "Grand Theft Auto - In Reverse" video game commercial was absolutely brilliant! :lol:đź‘Ť

Here are my favorites from the 50 listed below and in the poll, and how I'd rank them:
  1. CareerBuilder - "Jungle Office" Part I
  2. CareerBuilder - "Jungle Office" Part II
  3. CareerBuilder - "Jungle Office" part III
  4. Coke - "Grand Theft Auto - In Reverse"
  5. Bud Light - "Rock, Paper, Scissors"
  6. Bud Light - "Fist Bump Out… Slap In"
  7. GM - "Robot Nightmare"
  8. eTrade - "Bank Robbery"
  9. Blockbuster - "Mouse Troubles"
  10. Emerald Nuts - "Robert Goulet Pranks"
  11. Nationwide - "Life Comes At You Fast: Federline Fast Food"
  12. Doritos - "Smooth? Live The Flavor"
  13. Doritos - "Check Out Girl"
  14. BeatYourRisk - "Super Heart Villains"
  15. FedEx - "Moon Office"
  16. FedEx - "What's in a Name?"
  17. Coke - "It’s a Party Inside"
  18. Bud Light - "Bottle Opener Axe"
  19. Bud Light - "Professor Mencia's English 101"
  20. Sierra Mist - "Comb Over"
  21. Bud Light - "Auction Wedding"
  22. Taco Bell - "Lion's Love Carne Sauce"
  23. Snickers - "Manly Makeout"
  24. Garmin - "Tokyo Mapasaurus Monster"
  25. Jack In The Box - "Need a Hamster?"
  26. Snapple - "Back of the Bottle"
  27. Sierra Mist - "Self Defense"
  28. Bud Light - "Gorilla Plan"
  29. NFL - "It's Hard to Say Goodbye"
My 'Honorable Mention' goes to the commercial promo for the halftime show:

:)

So what were your favorite commercials from this year's Super Bowl and how would you rank them?

1st Quarter
Code:
Bud Light - 	[b][i]"Rock, Paper, Scissors"[/i][/b]
Doritos - 	[b][i]"Smooth? Live The Flavor"[/i][/b]
Blockbuster - 	[b][i]"Mouse Troubles"[/i][/b]
Sierra Mist - 	[b][i]"Comb Over"[/i][/b]
Sierra Mist - 	[b][i]"Self Defense"[/i][/b]
Toyota Tundra - [b][i]"Cliff Brake Test"[/i][/b]
FedEx - 	[b][i]"Moon Office"[/i][/b]
Bud Light - 	[b][i]"Auction Wedding"[/i][/b]
Snickers - 	[b][i]"Manly Makeout"[/i][/b]
Chevrolet - 	[b][i]"Celebrity Karaoke"[/i][/b]
Bud Light - 	[b][i]"Professor Mencia's English 101"[/i][/b]
Late Show - 	[b][i]"Letterman & Oprah - We Are in Love"[/i][/b]
2nd Quarter
Code:
GoDaddy.com - 	[b][i]"Everyone Wants to Work in Marketing"[/i][/b]
Coke - 		[b][i]"Grand Theft Auto - In Reverse"[/i][/b]
Budweiser - 	[b][i]"How Lucky Can One Dog Be"[/i][/b]
Garmin - 	[b][i]"Tokyo Mapasaurus Monster"[/i][/b]
CareerBuilder - [b][i]"Jungle Office" Part I[/i][/b]
Doritos - 	[b][i]"Check Out Girl"[/i][/b]
Chevy HHR - 	[b][i]"It's Getting' Hot In Here"[/i][/b]
Bud Light - 	[b][i]"Fist Bump Out… Slap In"[/i][/b]
BeatYourRisk - 	[b][i]"Super Heart Villains"[/i][/b]
GM - 		[b][i]"Robot Nightmare"[/i][/b]
Sprint - 	[b][i]"Conectile Dysfunction"[/i][/b]
Coke - 		[b][i]"Life List"[/i][/b]
Halftime
Code:
NCAA Tourney - 	[b][i]"The Bubble Team"[/i][/b]
Cingular - 	[b][i]"Music Grocery Store"[/i][/b]
Time Warner - 	[b][i]"Living Under a Rock"[/i][/b]
3rd Quarter
Code:
eTrade - 	[b][i]"Bank Robbery"[/i][/b]
Coke - 		[b][i]"It’s a Party Inside"[/i][/b]
Bud Light - 	[b][i]"Gorilla Plan"[/i][/b]
Revlon - 	[b][i]"Sheryl Crowe Fade Away Tour"[/i][/b]
CareerBuilder - [b][i]"Jungle Office" Part II[/i][/b]
Taco Bell - 	[b][i]"Lion's Love Carne Sauce"[/i][/b]
Toyota Tundra - [b][i]"Towing Test"[/i][/b]
Emerald Nuts - 	[b][i]"Robert Goulet Pranks"[/i][/b]
T-Mobile - 	[b][i]"Charles Barkley’s Fav Five"[/i][/b]
FedEx - 	[b][i]"What's in a Name?"[/i][/b]
Nationwide - 	[b][i]"Life Comes At You Fast: Federline Fast Food"[/i][/b]
Bud Light - 	[b][i]"Bottle Opener Axe"[/i][/b]
4th Quarter
Code:
Jack In The Box [b][i]"Need a Hamster?"[/i][/b]
Budweiser - 	[b][i]"Worshiping Sand Crabs"[/i][/b]
Honda CRV - 	[b][i]"Hunk of Burnin' Love"[/i][/b]
HP - 		[b][i]"Tuttle OCC Information Highway"[/i][/b]
Izod - 		[b][i]"Snow Globe"[/i][/b]
Budweiser - 	[b][i]"Jayz vs Shula"[/i][/b]
eTrade - 	[b][i]"All It Takes Is One Finger"[/i][/b]
CareerBuilder - [b][i]"Jungle Office" part III[/i][/b]
Honda - 	[b][i]"Gas Pump Pylons"[/i][/b]
Snapple - 	[b][i]"Back of the Bottle"[/i][/b]
NFL -		[b][i]"It's Hard to Say Goodbye"[/i][/b]

I also have to admit that all of the commercials SUCKED except for the ones I voted for. Chevy and Bud Light especially sucked. I think the HHR commercial takes the cake for the worst one. Following that are all of Mencia's bud light ones. I really dont' know what the HHR people were thinking, though. If they're trying to advertise it as a Man's car, they're certainly WAY off the mark. I'd rather drive a V6 mustang (:D). Maybe they were trying to say it's a gay guy's car or something. We certainly see that with the mass semi-nude carwashing orgy of men of all ages. Holy crap, what a joke.

My favorites were

1. Beard Comb-over
2. Snickers kiss
3. Connectile Dysfunction.

Some of them, like the T-mobile barkley/wade commercial, were incredibly old. They started playing that one when the Heat won the NBA championship.

My favorite by far was Mencia's Immigrant commercial. Wow. After that I'd have to say it was the Doritos "Smooth" spot.

all of the commercials SUCKED except for the ones I voted for
I actually thought they were noticeably better this year than in recent years, although my three all-time favorite humorous Super Bowl spots remain in tact:

:D

The federline commercial was the highlight of the bunch... no question.
Had it not been talked about since August I might have laughed, but I had seen so many clips and been told the plot so many times that I just kind of rolled my eyes.

I did like the Grand Theft Auto in reverse Coke ad. Friday on my way home I was listening to the news radio station waiting for weather and traffic reports while they talked to the entertainment guy and he described the Coke commercial as using "that type of good looking animation from Shrek." :ouch: I was halfway throug hteh ad before I realized that it was the same one. Of course my mom was sitting there saying she didn't get it, so I had to explain it (along with the Federline and talking lions), and then told her that she can never tell me her disapproval of a game I am playing (I was 23 at the time) ever again, unless she actually sees it for herself.

I missed the NFL's "There's Always Tomorrow" ads, but the "Hard to Say Goodbye" hit home as I was wearing a St. Louis Rams jersey at the time.

I think a lot of people felt disconnected to the ads because the goal of the ads has changed. I read a newspaper article Thursday with an interview with the president of GoDaddy.com (who played himself in the ad) and it discussed how they rarely mention what they actually do in their ads because they want peopel to visit the Web site. This is the trend now. Doritos has the Web site setup with the five other finalists and Budweiser has setup Bud.tv. The goal is no longer to just make you buy something but to make you visit their Web site where you essentially look at their advertising for as much as an hour at a time. This is why GoDaddy.com goes for controversy in their ads with hot chicks dancing around. They push the envelope as much as possible to grab your attention. They had nine ads rejected by censors last year and two rejected this year before getting one that would be approved.

The best example of this marketing is the Beat Your Risk ad. It never says who the ad is for. The goal is to make you visit the site, run by the American Heart Association, so that you will learn your sisks and visit your doctor where you are likely to be prescribed the most commonly prescribed blood pressure drug, which happens to be made by King Pharmaceuticals, who are the people that made the ads. I actually prefer this kind of drug marketing over the "If you ever have this symptom you must be on this drug now. Tell your doctor to give it to you, just in case." This kind of ad actually allows you to have an open-ended discussion with your doctor about what medicine is best for you, and King is playing the odds game that they will get the most business. It is definitely more ethical than Merck lobbying for laws to force 12-year-old girls to take vaccines.

But if any ads seemed odd or confusing they want you to go to their Web site. They know it is odd and confusing. That is the point.

I hadn't seen the federline commerical before the superbowl, so I thought it was hilarious. I guess if I had seen it already I might not have thought so.

Runner-up for me was the connectile dysfunction commerical.

I always roll my eyes whenever I see Carlos Mencia in anything, and this year was no exception.
This year's commercials (and the game in general) weren't very good compared to last year, I have to say.
My favorite had to be the Federline ad, though.

The best commercial I thought was the Oprah and Dave Letterman network commercial. Hilarious. But then, I only watched the first half. Boys got bored and wanted to watch a movie, heh.

I normally hate to posts like this, but...no ads were all that memorable nor funny.

Some were good, some were lacking.

I did like Mencia's, and the Dog one. The Snickers was funny as hell as was the commercial, "He's got an axe!"

Some were just bad though like the Moon Office.

I've only seen a 10 second snippet of the Dale Earnhardt Jr "Mad Max" Bud ad, but it's nowhere to be found online...

Did it actually air at all?

Latest Posts

Back