Deutsche Touring Car Meistershaft (DTM) Race report

United Kingdom
London, UK
Hello there

My first race report and my first thread so here it goes....ok here is the race report for the DTM I raced a couple of days ago.

Car: AMG Mercedes 190 E Evoll Touring Car '92 (Medium and hard tyres and a rollcage equipped)

The rivals:

Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02
Opel Astra Touring Car '00
Audi A4 Touring Car '04
Mercedes CLK Touring Car '00
Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI '93

The race list:

(6 laps) Opera Paris
(6 laps) Midfield Raceway
(5 laps) High Speed Ring Reverse
(1 lap) Nürburgring Nordschleife
(5 laps) Fuji Speedway 2005 GT

THE CHALLENGE.....

To beat the rivals in an underpowered car...for the races only equipping them with hard racing tyres and no qualifying, so I will be starting at the back of the grid in every race. I wanted to see whether it is possible to win the championship with an AMG Merecedes Car. But I am not a brilliant driver though so it would be a nice challenge.
[/COLOR]

A note...I did tune the car up and disabled the ASM and put a couple of clicks of TCS so I can handle the car....and all the races were 150 points A-spec points

Ok for the first race....

Opera Paris (6 laps)

Grid:

Audi A4 Touring Car '04
AMG Mercedes 190 E Evoll Touring Car '92 (ME)

1st Lap: A rolling start oh great it would hinder me....but as it was go I managed to pass the Mercedes CLK with some contact and managed to get through...it was a little hard as I was on racing hard's and the field were on racing mediums...thankfully I manage to get round the lap catching the Alfa but decided to not go to aggressive...

2nd Lap: Managed to pass the Alfa on the left handed before the bus stop chicane corner but was 3.4 down on the Opel Astra car which took the lead...with the Audi A4 in second place. I was hunting down the Audi TT-R car but was finding it difficult as I manage to peg the gap in the second split to 2.8 seconds from the leader. Managed to pass the Audi TT-R on the right hander before the pits as it braked a little too late...so by end of lap 2 I was third but the Audi breathing down my neck.

3rd lap: Was catching the field quickly as the Audi A4 and the Opel Astra were passing each other in each turn....I see the Mercedes CLK car right behind me as he managed to climb from 6th to 4th after the Audi and the Alfa clashed into each other after the start line. I was able to close the gap by lap 4 to just 1.4 seconds from the Opel.

4th lap: The tyres were just about green so they were heated up so I quicken the pace...I was trying my best to catch the Audi and the Opel but the gap was pegged to one second.

5th lap: No chance...only slightly closing on the two leaders...gap now towards the final lap 0.7 seconds...the Mercedes does a spin on the fast left hander and drops to 6th....the field going to the final lap was Opel Astra 1st, Audi A4 second and myself in the AMG Merecedes in third.

6th lap: Final lap....I was getting very nervous...they manage to pull 0.3 seconds putting it to a 1 second by the first split...I knew I needed to do something. Then the unthinkable happen..right in front of me the Audi tried to overtake the Opel on the fast left hander it ran wide...hit the barrier spun and took the Opel out as well. I had to slow down and weave through the carnage...with luck I manage to get through and take the win by 5.8 seconds. A surprise would be the Alfa taking second and the Audi TT-R taking third place...with the rest of the field down for the count:

Final order for the race:

AMG Mercedes 190 E Evoll Touring Car '92
Audi A4 Touring Car '04

Ok the next race....

2nd race: Midfield raceway (6 laps)

Grid:

Audi A4 Touring Car '04

1st lap: Standing start.....first corner...carnage...the Abt Audi tried to overtake the Alfa manage to run wide into the gravel and surprising took everyone out except the Alfa and myself. He also managed to spin the Mercedes CLK car...I manage to get through but losing time on the Alfa. By the first lap...was 2 seconds behind the Alfa

2nd lap: Catching the Alfa but the Audi A4 is breathing down my neck...then makes a mistake on the hairpin and runs wide giving me some space. Gap to Alfa 1.2 seconds to third lap.

3rd lap: Manage to peg another 0.4 seconds on the Alfa as my tyres are nicely heated up...I was just focusing on my race as there was a battle for third place between Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02, Mercedes CLK Touring Car '00, Opel Astra Touring Car '00, Audi A4 Touring Car '04. I had a nice 5 second gap between them and was reeling into the Alfa.

4th lap: Was 0.8 across the line the Alfa runs slightly wide into the tight left hairpin before the S corner...was able to peg another 6 tenths of a second. I was able to get into the slipstream on the fast straight into turn 1

5th lap: Had to make a move as the Alfa is way faster than me...manage to pull the move into the first corner and ran the Alfa wide...and had to make a fast getaway...going into the final lap I was 0.7 ahead of the Alfa.

6th lap: I ran wide into the tight hairpin as I touched the brakes a little too late...but the Alfa was right on my tail going into the straight...but managed to hold it off and claim a tight win. Finished from the Alfa by 0.303 of a second...what a race...

Finishing order:

Audi A4 Touring Car '04

Ok for the third race and half way through:

(5 laps) High Speed Ring Reverse

Ah the third race and I was ahead of the standings with the Alfa in a nice second place. Ok the grid looked like this...

Audi A4 Touring Car '04

1st Lap: Standing start...the Audi A4 made a slow start so I took 5th place...and was able to ram the Opel wide on the first corner to take 4th place...the Alfa was shunted to third place...i guess this circuit will be hard for him...anyway back to my race.

2nd lap: 4th over the line with the Mercedes CLK leading from the Abt Audi and the Alfa...managed to overtake the Alfa into the S-curves before the bridge and was in third place....the Audi makes a rare spin by going a bit wide on the right hander after the bridge and managed to inherit third place with the Alfa taking advantage.

3rd lap: Halfway and now only 1.4 seconds behind the Mercedes CLK...he had the speed down the straights but I had the cornering advantage...I was hunting him down as my hard tyres were all warmed up...

4th lap: Gap now 0.7 seconds...was in his draft but did not have enough room to take it...just took it nice and easy and was in his draft on the final lap going down the straight

5th lap: Managed to overtake the Mercedes CLK on the first corner and hold him off....he was really getting to me as I had the speed disadvantage down the big long straight. But thankfully I holded him off...and finished 0.557 across the line.

Finishing order:

Audi A4 Touring Car '04

Now for the dreaded.....

(1 lap) Nürburgring Nordschleife

Only 1 lap...it would have been better if they did 2 or even 3 laps.....this would be similar to the Mission 34 but in a better car and tuned of course.

Ok grid for the race:

Audi A4 Touring Car '04

Ok rolling start for this race....I was not able to overtake anyone in the first couple of corners...but managed to overtake the Audi A4 car by Flugplatz corner the fast right hander and managed to overtake the Opel Astra and the Audi TT-R car before the right hander at Aremburg with some hard braking.

Ok third going to the techincal section...with the Alfa in second place and the Mercedes Touring Car in first...this would be an interesting set up. I was about 4 seconds to the leader as the Alfa and the Mercedes were close on each other tails. I manage to peg the gap all the way up to the Karussell corner where I overtake the Alfa. I did not want to go over the top and spin myself out. Ok now for the Mercedes.....I did a daring move on Pflanzgarten II the fast sweeping corners I think and the Mercedes ran wide but managed to stay into second place...I was pulling away.....and was 5 seconds by Galgenkopf from the Mercedes....I was able to use the short horsepower on the long and boring uphill straight and managed to win the race by 7 seconds...my biggest margin so far.....

Ok for the finishing order...

Audi A4 Touring Car '04
Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02 (After two spins)

Going into the final race.....

(5 laps) Fuji Speedway 2005 GT

Ok the final race so far 4/4 and wanted really desperately to get the full perfect 5/5...ok back of the grid....

Audi A4 Touring Car '04

1st lap: Knew I was going to get blasted down the straight...but manage to make it up in the first corner by overtaking the Audi A4 and the Astra....I was in fourth. I knew I had to be careful on the first lap as I was running with cold racing tyres and had a scare as I ran wide into the fast right hander after the hairpin but managed to stay in control.

2nd lap: I managed to overtake the Mercedes Touring Car on the hairpin with some collision (LOL)...with the Audi TT-R first and the Alfa in second....I was about 2 seconds behind them as they were only inches away.

3rd lap: Ok halfway and managed to peg the gap to the two cars in front of me by just 1 second...and managed to get a tow on the Alfa but was a little too late...so just casually went round the course and waited until the next lap.

4th lap: Managed to overtake the Alfa on the first corner but ran a little wide but thankfully did not go into the grass or the kitty litter....the Audi TT-R made a mistake on the fast right hander and was able to peg the gap to 0.4 seconds in his slipstream going into the final lap.

5th lap: Ok I managed to overtake the Audi on the final lap on the first corner and was just doing my best to defend my position. I made sure I put a fast but stable lap and do not do any silly things. The gamble paid off and I was able to win and take it 5/5 for the Mercedes.

Finishing order:

Audi A4 Touring Car '04

Overall:

AMG Mercedes 190 E Evoll Touring Car '92 (ME) CHAMPION IN AN UNDERPOWERED CAR...AND RECIEVE A NEW BRAND SPANKING......AMG MERCEDES-BENZ CLK-GTR Race Car '98.....AS MY REWARD.....AND 750 A-SPEC POINTS TO BRAG

Thanks for reading this guys...sorry if it could be better but had little time to make it happen and it is my first post. Anyway I should hopefully write more posts soon so catch you later.

Nice going there sport. Welcome to GTP. Quite a nice thing to see a good first post from a new member. Much better than most new members manage to put up on this forum. Just for that I'll give you some rep. keep it up like this and you be an asset to GTP!

AMG.

+Rep for having such a great first post, and its interesting. Like AMG. said, that's a great post for a new member. Great way to start here in GTP.

Latest Posts

Back