Pre-release GT5:Prologue Thread Firmware 2.17 mandatory for GT5:P? (and Pictures)

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,239 comments
I also want to see some more Callaway Cars in GT5! Let's see the

C8:

C7R:

C12:

C16:

B2K Speedster:

LeMans (LM):
Please post these items in the Wish List thread. This thread is for actual discussion of the GT5P game, not for things we wish would be in future releases.

When GT5P US or European version comes out, it would be good to see comparison Pictures GT5P vs Reality. I know few people did them and looked really close, but it was done with GT HD and GT5P early version. I wonder how much new one stocks up.

Hello, i was just wondering if anyone has brought up the visual modifications on the tuned cars. This a hint that we well be able to put minor body mods on our cars? (Front Spliter/Spoilers)

Suddenly I feel like I was in the stone age playing GTHD. This is great news and man, I'm getting a PS3 next week and they just had to throw in the first Ferrari I loved, the F40. Don't tease me, bro! :D

@Ben Aracin: Maybe its best that you just stay away from GT period seeing as you just aren't gonna pleased with it at all. Maybe GT isn't for you at all.

@people making wishlists: You guys need to chill out. Once TVB sorts out his list and says "Requests are open", post you wishes there.

It's great to see Citroen and GT collaborate. I'm not as much of a Citroen fan as I am with Peugeot (as far as French makes go), but it's wonderful to see these two get together. Even with all the rants and cheap shots against Gran Turismo in general, Hiroke says it best in Post #2,771:

"What I think is great is how more and more companies collaborate with PD. GT has established itself so much that the car companies realize the importance and benefits of having their produect in the game." -Hiroke, Post #2711

Now to talk with GTPlanet's Croatian Sensation- amar212. I love the Lexus IS-F. Too bad the tuned car won't be in. I don't know too much about the RX-7 Spirit R Type A, so I won't comment. I like the two Peugeots mentioned. Maybe the only deal as to why no Peugeots will be included is probably if Peugeot and Citroen are rivals. Finally, I have a lot of respect for Amemiya-san and what he does. He knows and loves Mazdas. Too bad the RX-7 FD3S RX-7 (race car?) won't be in America's Prologue.

Is your screenname "Brangeta?" Well, the 1997 Camaro Z28 got me into cars. Sorry it's not in this build. However, don't count it out on being in GT5P. I would be prospective to see it in GT5. Both of us love this car. So don't feel bad this isn't in this game.

Finally, I cannot go through with finishing this post without taking a stab at the comments made by Ben Aracin. I am, after all, GTPlanet's opinionated Texas boy. If you're new to GTPlanet and you're seeing these lovely pictures, get used to the one bad apple expressing dislike. We've had to deal with two individuals (screenanmes undisclosed) with GT4 pictures. This is about as best of a package as we can get. Unless you called up H.G. Wells and own a time machine or a crystal ball to see GT5 when it's retail version is released. I can understand your pain in regards to the inner workings of GT not being very good. But do you at least believe in evolution and trying to make things better? Who are you to say if PD is going to be the same old sad sacks making GT as being the most lackluster series in known space? Who are you to say that this game is just going to be a prettier GT2 (as in all-time worst) or in being GT4.5? And I was never hated the rear wings. People were almost always antagonistic about the rear wings that can be installed on most cars in GT. I was never hateful of those. I considered those to be finishing touches on some my purest track cars. That is, unless you want a fully maxed-out car that doesn't look like a powerhouse. You can always wait for GT5 if $40 is outlandish for this package. I swear some people can really be the Bill O'Reilly's of Gran Turismo.

There are no rules in regards to saying how you feel, but some cases can be completely ludicrous. Just the assumption people have that this will be the same GT that we'll be talking about that we've knocked for inferior AI and no damage. I'm sure PD's working hard trying to make this GT (let alone a Prologue) really shine. Exclude yourself from fandom of Gran Turismo if you truly feel this game is going to be a prettier GT with the same flaws that prevent it from being absolute greatness. Don't judge a book by its cover. Who are you (or anyone else) to say this game is still going to be the same boring piece of overrated bulls:censored: this side of "Pro Race Driver?" You're making extremely early judgments without actually letting this game be complete. You're just putting yourself up with the same hypocrites that offer a few quick comments, then savagely rip apart a game like the Gran Turismo series with a series of cheap shots.

I still hate that I don't have a PS3 while everyone else is enjoying this stuff. I still want kiosks at stores to have this game available to play when "GT5: Prologue" is released. I also hope no (generalization) bratty kids at Wal-Mart tear up the joysticks that games can be virtually unplayable.

INow to talk with GTPlanet's Croatian Sensation- amar212. I love the Lexus IS-F. Too bad the tuned car won't be in. I don't know too much about the RX-7 Spirit R Type A, so I won't comment. I like the two Peugeots mentioned. Maybe the only deal as to why no Peugeots will be included is probably if Peugeot and Citroen are rivals. Finally, I have a lot of respect for Amemiya-san and what he does. He knows and loves Mazdas. Too bad the RX-7 FD3S RX-7 (race car?) won't be in America's Prologue.

Hey John, no problem there for you man. Those 5 cars ARE MENTIONED on US/SCEA's list. They're missing from EU/SCEE'S list. So, no problem for American players there. As for us in EU, I just hope that some PR guy who was writing it fell asleep :D Also, maybe there is some reason regarding dates of release (game is out in EU almost 3 weeks before US), and maybe those cars will be on disc but will stay locked untill US release.

We shall see.

It's great to see Citroen and GT collaborate. I'm not as much of a Citroen fan as I am with Peugeot (as far as French makes go), but it's wonderful to see these two get together. Even with all the rants and cheap shots against Gran Turismo in general, Hiroke says it best in Post #2,771:

"What I think is great is how more and more companies collaborate with PD. GT has established itself so much that the car companies realize the importance and benefits of having their produect in the game." -Hiroke, Post #2711

I would agree. I have yet to see any Racing Game Producer pull this off as many times as PD has done.

JohnBM01
Now to talk with GTPlanet's Croatian Sensation- amar212. I love the Lexus IS-F. Too bad the tuned car won't be in. I don't know too much about the RX-7 Spirit R Type A, so I won't comment. I like the two Peugeots mentioned. Maybe the only deal as to why no Peugeots will be included is probably if Peugeot and Citroen are rivals. Finally, I have a lot of respect for Amemiya-san and what he does. He knows and loves Mazdas. Too bad the RX-7 FD3S RX-7 (race car?) won't be in America's Prologue.

Hahahaha, you just might have given him his new nick name;) As for the RE Amemiya RX-7, Yeah its been listed for america, but they don't seem to be specific on this being the Super GT Race car or one of the company's road cars.

JohnBM01
Don't judge a book by its cover. Who are you (or anyone else) to say this game is still going to be the same boring piece of overrated bulls:censored: this side of "Pro Race Driver?" You're making extremely early judgments without actually letting this game be complete. You're just putting yourself up with the same hypocrites that offer a few quick comments, then savagely rip apart a game like the Gran Turismo series with a series of cheap shots.

Amen 👍 Don't judge what you don't know.

JohnBM01
I still hate that I don't have a PS3 while everyone else is enjoying this stuff. I still want kiosks at stores to have this game available to play when "GT5: Prologue" is released. I also hope no (generalization) bratty kids at Wal-Mart tear up the joysticks that games can be virtually unplayable.

If it makes you feel better, I'm getting my PS3 next week :D J/K, The closest I can get to playing GT5P is going to Wal-mart and playing GTHD until then.

I can assure that the RE Amemiya RX-7 is not a race car. Expect a tuner car able to compete with the higher sportscars on GT5: P. Also Ive got something I want to say to the people who repeatedly complain about cars not being in Prologue. ITS CALLED PROLOGUE FOR A REASON. Do you expect PD to throw out every car, track, and new feature they have into a teaser of the full game? Is this seriously how your brain works?

if it was the Amemiya super gt, it would of had the car number, sponsor and league in the car's name.
examples:

#7 ORC AMEMIYA SGC-7 08'

RE Amemiya AMEMIYA ASPARADRINK RX7 (JGTC) 2004

im sure it isnt the D1GP or D1 street legal car either since nomuraken's official car name is Blitz Dunlop ER34 (same as option/D1GP.co.jp and GT5p) and suenaga's car is called: Trust Amemiya with TOYO D1-7 (far from GT5p's name)

i have my money on the greddy, super greddy or touge Amemiya's. could also be the silver Amemiya from FM2

It think i know with FD that AMEMIYA is, it has a porsche 997 front.
0205tur_15z+mazda_rx7_fd3s+right_front_view.jpg

And are the rumors true that the EU version has 5 cars less than the US? I'm still gonna buy it but it would suck if it was true. I hope the Japannese version gets updated that would save me €40.:)

Both games will have the same amount of cars. Put that rumor down to idiotic internet exaggeration.There really are some jerks floating around various boards.:rolleyes:

i'm paying £17.99 and at the current exchange rate that's €24.46 I would think it would round up to €25.00.

The psn price has yet to be announced.

Thanks, it just that I want to put money into that PSN wallet thing soon so as its ready for the 27th but I dont know how much, I'll probably put in 50euro just to be safe. What will download times be like considering the traffic will be huge and the game is so big?

Why don't you buy the Blu-ray version? Same price plus you get a extra 'behind the apex' DVD every GT fan would want.

I might, but it would be easier just to download it and besides I wouldnt have to change discs as often and I'd get it a day early.

Hello, i was just wondering if anyone has brought up the visual modifications on the tuned cars. This a hint that we well be able to put minor body mods on our cars? (Front Spliter/Spoilers)

i think it does. maybe im alone?

Thanks to all of you for setting me straight on some of the cars I mentioned in my previous post. I've been into cars for over 10 years, but there are still a broad number of subject areas I'm not skilled at. Now, is this ( https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2934929&postcount=2613 ) a picture of the tuned GT-R, or a Japan-exclusive version of the Skyline? It looks a lot bolder and really has some style to it. And thank goodness that "mustache" under the grill isn't there. Well, we do get the Infiniti G37, the only car this GT-R reminds me of.

Going off-topic... it took about 10 years to get Ferrari... and it's also ten years until legitimate United Kingdom venues show up in Gran Turismo. United Kingdom venues including word of the Top Gear Test Track. There is finally British racing involvement in GT after ten years of this franchise's existance. I'd love to visit Paris, but I'm also very fond of London. I'll look forward to racing in Gran Turismo around the streets of London. I may even race London in a TVR in honor of my GTP buddy Dave A. Well, it would be better if the streets of Manchester were in GT5P.

All in all, this is great news. At least we're getting an idea of what GT5 will probably be like once GT5 is released. I'm anticipating two or more teaser/demo videos from E3 (granted it will still be around) and especially the Tokyo Game Show. GT5: Prologue is a baseline in regards to speculating what GT5 will have to offer. This is an amazing deal. Hope to play this someday and somewhere.

Wow, looks like even though I have the JPN version of GT5P, the NA version is going to be a worthy addition. High Speed Ring is simply classic...and some of the additional cars and features just put the icing on the cake.

Now, is this ( https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2934929&postcount=2613 ) a picture of the tuned GT-R, or a Japan-exclusive version of the Skyline? It looks a lot bolder and really has some style to it. And thank goodness that "mustache" under the grill isn't there. Well, we do get the Infiniti G37, the only car this GT-R reminds me of.

That is a 'tuned' version of the 2007 Nissan Skyline 370GT Coupe (V36), which I believe is the Infiniti G37 coupe in the US. It's not the GTR.

I paid £19 for my Pre-order with Game UK. Personally I think its a bargain of a price for how much content is being included.

Back