• Thread starter amar212
  • 10 comments

amar212

GTSurgeons.com
Premium
Croatia
Croatia
As title says.

EU and USA removal date is stil undisclosed, but obviusely very likely to happen in the same manner.

What is bad for all people who still don't have PS3 is the fact they will neever be able to get their hands on GT:HD once it is removed. Shame.

Well, it was announced as a temporary thing only.
I guess it has a lot ot do that, while it was more polished than some "final" games, it was really no more than a tech demo.

I suspect all of the features from GTHD will be in GTP including cars and the one track so they probably won't be missing anything if they play GTP. The only thing is that GTHD is free and GTP is not.

I know people will be worried about missing GTHD and never being able to play it, but if all the features are in GTP why have GTHD as a download option at the same time as GTP?

It probably conflicts with each other, with one "game" being technically superior than the other will probably be confusing to the general public.

Well they probably also decided to take it down because in less than a month, PD will be putting up the "demo of GT5p", probably for free, on Oct. 20. Whether that demo makes it over to the U.S or Euro is yet to be seen, but I'll probably make a japanese account to get it since it will probably free if it's not released on the U.S. store. That said, there obviously wouldn't be any need for GTHD, unless you wanted to race on a different track with some different cars.

Is it possible to save GTHD to an external HDD???
As far as I know, only as part of a back-up file using the PS3's Backup Utility.

I don't think it is possible to copy and play PS3 games off an external drive without some kind of copyright-protection hack, but even without that capability, there are some big advantages to using an external drive with a PS3.

What will be interesting to see is if you have already downloaded GT:HD, will it remain on your PS Store Download List after Sony removes it from the Store so you can re-download it later should you delete the game from your drive or upgrade your HDD.

Sony removed the demo for Everybody's Golf 5 from the PS Stores, but I noticed it is still in my Download List, so I assume I can download it again even though it is not available on any PS Store any longer.

Does anyone think that GT:HD is still available after GT:5P is released? I still don't have a PS3 yet, so its kinda sad that i can't play it and put it in my collection of GT games. But then if the content is the same as GT:5P then i guess its not going to be so bad....and maybe the game can be downloaded at another website or something......

Well they probably also decided to take it down because in less than a month, PD will be putting up the "demo of GT5p", probably for free, on Oct. 20. Whether that demo makes it over to the U.S or Euro is yet to be seen, but I'll probably make a japanese account to get it since it will probably free if it's not released on the U.S. store. That said, there obviously wouldn't be any need for GTHD, unless you wanted to race on a different track with some different cars.

How do you make a Japanese account? Just say you're from Japan when it asks for Location or is there more to it than that? :lol: I'm very interested in finding this out because I want to get my hands on GT5:P also on the 20th of October.

How do you make a Japanese account? Just say you're from Japan when it asks for Location or is there more to it than that? :lol: I'm very interested in finding this out because I want to get my hands on GT5:P also on the 20th of October.
Basically yes, it is as simple as that, but for specific instructions, all you need to do is check out GTP's own Official Playstation Store Thread. 👍

so is this still avalible in the US?
Yes. it is also still available in all the European/Middle Eastern/Indian/South Pacific/Australian stores and the Hong Kong store. I believe it has only been removed from the Japanese store.

To quickly find them, here's where they currently are in each store:
  • GT:HD v1.1 = HK Store -> View All -> Page 2 (file #5)
  • GT:HD v1.2 = NA Store -> Games -> Full Games -> Page 3 (file #3)
  • GT:HD v2.0 = EU Store -> Games -> Downloadable Games -> Page 1 (file #10)

Back