‘58 Corvette

• Thread starter Ross Z
  • 22 comments
Canada
Hamilton
zipperszman
I have been pretty tolerant of the short comings in GT7, but I have to say something now. The ‘58 Corvette did NOT sound anything like mid ‘80’s Kawasaki dirt bike!! I’ve done all the upgrades, even just one at a time in case it was the headers, or the blower, etc. But no. You would think with the world so connected now, and general griping that these discussion places have in general for GT7, that someone, anyone from Polyphany would read them, and maybe then bring them to the weekly staff meeting. Maybe there wasn’t time for someone to do a little research because they were too busy getting a ambulance ready. It’s embarrassing, it really is.

I have been pretty tolerant of the short comings in GT7, but I have to say something now. The ‘58 Corvette did NOT sound anything like mid ‘80’s Kawasaki dirt bike!! I’ve done all the upgrades, even just one at a time in case it was the headers, or the blower, etc. But no. You would think with the world so connected now, and general griping that these discussion places have in general for GT7, that someone, anyone from Polyphany would read them, and maybe then bring them to the weekly staff meeting. Maybe there wasn’t time for someone to do a little research because they were too busy getting a ambulance ready. It’s embarrassing, it really is.
In the update thread some one posted a few videos of the real life car running and it sounds pretty accurate to me 🤷🏻

Possible that the 1958 Corvette that PD had recorded the sound from was not in the pristine condition it should be, I could be wrong but I heard belt squeal and/or noisy lifters...

It’s been well over a decade since I’ve heard a 1st gen Corvette in real life, but the one in the game sounds right to me, definitely not like a dirt bike engine. No complaints on the sound from me.
My question is what I’d really be dropping 50,000 Cr. on here. Just to have the wide body tag? Wide body modification that doesn’t change the width spec at all, PP rating at all, or any of the trim and the visual difference is so hard to see in a still picture, even on a 65” 4k screen, no way you’d notice it in motion going around the track.
IMG_5580.jpeg

It’s been well over a decade since I’ve heard a 1st gen Corvette in real life, but the one in the game sounds right to me, definitely not like a dirt bike engine. No complaints on the sound from me.
My question is what I’d really be dropping 50,000 Cr. on here. Just to have the wide body tag? Wide body modification that doesn’t change the width spec at all, PP rating at all, or any of the trim and the visual difference is so hard to see in a still picture, even on a 65” 4k screen, no way you’d notice it in motion going around the track.View attachment 1278600
You can clearly see the top portion of the car is wider which flattens the side of the car .

My question is what I’d really be dropping 50,000 Cr. on here. Just to have the wide body tag? Wide body modification that doesn’t change the width spec at all, PP rating at all, or any of the trim and the visual difference is so hard to see in a still picture, even on a 65” 4k screen, no way you’d notice it in motion going around the track.View attachment 1278600
The widebody also allows for wider tires, so yes, even though the body width increase is negligible, the tire width increase is makes it worthwhile.

The widebody also allows for wider tires, so yes, even though the body width increase is negligible, the tire width increase is makes it worthwhile.
Yeah, I know the benefits of wide body modification. I guess I didn’t do a good enough job in making it clear in my post that it was made in jest. The only reason I posted it was because of the topic of initial post, comically complaining about something that is very questionable at best in the first place. I find it amusing that for this Corvette, adding the widebody modification appears to get you nothing really, visually anyways, when compared to the very often drastic differences you can see here when done to other cars. Essentially, I was making “a mountain out of a mole hill” so-to-speak. Though I can see how it could land with some as an honest complaint.

Look at the rear quarter by the door handle. And the body just left of the outer headlight. The rear quarter also has a lip too.

Last edited:
Look at the rear quarter by the door handle. And the body just left of the outer headlight. The rear quarter also has a lip too.
Yuppers. Hard to see compared to others when on this screen, but you can see it. Also see post #8.

Yuppers. Hard to see compared to others when on this screen, but you can see it. Also see post #8.
Yeah tonight to say, when I went into that screen to check out widebody, I thought I wonder how they’re going to do this and not make it look stupid? They did it in a very subtle way. But I agree, it’s hardly noticeable. I don’t like how they wide body the GT350 mustang, just rolling the fenders out some. The 69 Camaro gets stretched, the Boss429 gets some fender flares same with thE 69 Fairlady. That would have been cool if it was stretched like the Camaro. Oh well. Seems any car with a somewhat flatter side just gets some flaring or an increase in width.

I see where you’re coming from, it’s definitely not drastic changes, you have to look for them.

I was kinda expecting a massive amount of engine swap choices.
Ya, and the "race suspension" should allow for the car to be lowered to an extreme without tire rubbing and such. I don't understand their lack of choices, but I shouldn't be surprised anymore.

Ya, and the "race suspension" should allow for the car to be lowered to an extreme without tire rubbing and such. I don't understand their lack of choices, but I shouldn't be surprised anymore.
I actually had to raise the ride height on the race suspension after installing it on this car, like I‘ve had to for a few select others. With factory wheels and the race suspension at default settings the tires would rub at full lock, so I raised the front about 10mm and stiffened up the dampers. I can’t imagine being able to use this car for anything other than drag race with race suspension set at lowest or anywhere near it.

I was kinda expecting a massive amount of engine swap choices.
I wonder if they will add the ability to actually have a choice of engines to go into each car. Only having the choice of whatever engine they decide to make compatible is ridiculous, and its boring seeing a car in a lobby and already knowing what engine it has.

I actually had to raise the ride height on the race suspension after installing it on this car, like I‘ve had to for a few select others. With factory wheels and the race suspension at default settings the tires would rub at full lock, so I raised the front about 10mm and stiffened up the dampers. I can’t imagine being able to use this car for anything other than drag race with race suspension set at lowest or anywhere near it.
Yeah there’s a few cars that if you widebody and toss wide tires on and race suspension you have to jack the car way up sometimes higher than it was stock?! Lol

Does anyone happen to know how much power the small block 283 V8 makes Net? The 243HP given in the game appears to be its Gross HP.

I wish PD would stop ping ponging between gross and net powers and kerb and dry masses and give us sensible specs...

In the update thread some one posted a few videos of the real life car running and it sounds pretty accurate to me 🤷🏻
I can’t figure out how to watch the videos your referring to. Sorry, just not very tech savvy. I’ve got no problem with someone disagreeing with me, but I’ve been beside one of these cars when it was idling, then watched it race in the Old Time Drags. Trust me, high compression,

Last edited by a moderator:
Back