“Problem communicating with server” error message at upload

France
France
Approx 40% of the liveries that I create will not save for online use. At the save option, the livery does the basic save ok, but then fails with the error message at the second stage of save (uploading for online racing use).

I am not using any decals or colours except the standard ones. I am not using excessive numbers of decals (about 20 max). I can only link it to combinations of exotic colours purchased in mileage exchange and complex patterns. But sometimes it saves those ok too. If I suceed in saving and uploading a livery and then go immediately to save a ‘failed’ uploaded one, it will fail again. (So this is not an internet connection problem. The game just seems to have a problem with some combos of colours and decals, maybe because they are over a certain file size limit ? (due to complexity?))

I occasionally have had this problem, and whenever I do, it is always during the second stage.

It seems for me that it is an issue with the internet connection. Although there might be an issue with some corruption in the way the livery saved? On a couple of occasions I've open the livery again, made a minor change and clicked save as - invariably I can then save without a problem. Last night, I tried restarting the router and GT Sport ran much more smoothly.

I had this problem all the time, I started using a wired network connection (instead of Wi-Fi) for my PS4 and I've not had the problem at all since.

My internet speed is good but it seems GTS is a bit fragile when it comes to connections.

Back