“Same region” is wrong (Online lobbies)

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Tou2istTrophy, May 10, 2018.

1. Tou2istTrophy

Tou2istTrophy

When I go into online lobbies, and filter by “Same Region”, it is showing the wrong region.

Only when I click “show all” will it actually come up with a few countries from my region here and there in the list.

The cause of this I assume was me playing on an alt account in a different region in online lobbies, but I have deleted that Acc from my PS4 now and yet my main Acc still thinks I am in that region?

2. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

Same region in lobbies considers your geographic location, regardless of your PSN region account. All my sub accounts always connect to HK/TW/CHI in "Same region"
    Another thing about same region (at least in Asia) is that it doesn't show all the countries if they're too far away from you geographically. Japan, Australia, and New Zealand only shows up when I select "All Regions"

3. Tou2istTrophy

Tou2istTrophy

Hmm, thing is mine is showing Europe for “Same region”, but my geographic location and PSN region is Asia. My alt account was a European account.

4. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

That's really weird :boggled::confused:

Tou2istTrophy likes this.
  5. Tou2istTrophy

Tou2istTrophy

:scared:

6. Tou2istTrophy

Tou2istTrophy

I just checked again and it is showing my region, but it’s also showing every other region too. When I press “same region” it stays the same.

7. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

whuuut :dunce:

8. Nuschel01

Nuschel01

If I enter a US or JP lobby with my German account and then become the host the lobby stays in it‘s initial region but gets the German flag afaik

9. ___MIKE___

___MIKE___

I have a US account but I'm based in the Philippines. Only once have I seen a Pi flag in a lobby race too. Same region for me generally shows Japan, HK, Thailand.

I tend to click on all regions as I'm a Brit, living in the Philippines with a US account lol.

10. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

Weird. Japan never shows in "Same Region" for me :confused: