◆ SNAIL [DriveTrain Challenge - DTC] Racing - Closed

• Thread starter jobyone
  • 6,327 comments
There is 2013, 2009 with and without chicanes, and 2005 with and without chicanes. Five different versions to choose from.

Holy crap! If you guys can wait another day I'll do some testing tomorrow and figure out which one I like best.

Btw...add SSR5 to the list.

When I liked your post, it only included something along the lines of "french, spinning out and sex." Now it shows that you posted this night track that I am horrible at. You're lucky I'm not taking that like away. :sly:

For the PP ranges, do you always halve the total group PP and give it a range of 41? Like if the group PP is 700, would the range be min 330 and max 371? If not, what's usually the formula there? I'm gonna practice tonight since I won't have the weekend or Monday.

I'm pretty sure it's 5% either way. 700 would be a 350 average so 333 to 368. 840 would be 420 average so 399 to 441. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Ah that makes more sense. Thanks!

Also just noticed the formula is right there on the spreadsheet. I am not a smart man.

Last edited:
Eligible Tracks

Group A
Circuit de la Sarthe (With Chicanes) (Chosen by @racefan78 )
Silverstone - Grand Prix Circuit
Trial Mountain
Ascari - (Chosen by @carboneyes - Replaced Willow Springs - Big Willow)
Twin Ring Motegi Road Course (Chosen by @racefan78 - Replaced Motegi Super Speedway)

Group B
Deep Forest Raceway
Suzuka (Chosen By @tezgm99 - Replaced Spa Francorchamps)
Indy Road Course
Nurburgring GP/F - (Chosen by @danfurey - Replaced Daytona Road Course )
Eiger Nordwand short track (Chosen by @Schmiggz - Replaced Brands Hatch - Indy Circuit)

Group C
Apricot Hill (Chosen by @88GTA )
Mt Panorama (Chosen by @Schmiggz )
Grand Valley Full (Chosen by @88GTA - Replaced SSR5)
Mazda Raceway Leguna Seca (Chosen by @danfurey )
Côte d'Azur - (Chosen by @Nish - Replaced Tsukuba)

Last edited:
@jobyone
When you get a chance can you please update the 2nd post?

Tuesday 2/25:
1540pp split into 700pp and 840pp. First race and qualifying at Silverstone Stowe Circuit with the 700pp cars (333pp to 368pp). 840pp split for the last two races with cars between 399pp and 441pp. All cars on sports hard tires.

Thanks.

@jobyone
When you get a chance can you please update the 2nd post?

Tuesday 2/25:
1540pp split into 700pp and 840pp. First race and qualifying at Silverstone Stowe Circuit with the 700pp cars (333pp to 368pp). 840pp split for the last two races with cars between 399pp and 441pp. All cars on sports hard tires.

Thanks.
Done.

Koszak will you try to grab the next top of the page post (TotP)

Oh will we?

Testing this afternoon:

700pp:
FF - Suzuki Swift '07 356pp
4WD - Joby's Honda Element '03 344pp

840pp:
MR - Opel Speedster Turbo '00 430pp
FR - Toyota GT86 Base Model Race Car '12 410pp

Just realized I'm down to 50,000 credits left. I'll need to do some A-spec races then I'll hopefully have time to test...

Got to duck out to the post office at some point today, will probably be able to get some testing in around 2pm my time.

Lets see if this works

Well I guess that just takes you to photobucket. The first 30 seconds are boring and at the end I slowed down because there was a truck ahead. But I think I do OK for an Element.

Last edited:
Nice. I hope the 4wd kicks in like crazy on Tuesday for me. What car was chasing you with that intake? Civic?

Also, I'm on my phone. What post number is this?

@tezgm99 I'm doing a couple red bull races for cash so hurry up!

It is. In real life the only wayto make the element go around a turn is to floor it. So I have to be on the gas from the beginning of the turn. I have not driven a car less inclined to drive fast.

Back