◆ SNAIL [DriveTrain Challenge - DTC] Racing - Closed

• Thread starter jobyone
  • 6,327 comments
Nords is an absolute joke to race on with anything over 300pp IMO. Cannot stand it at all :yuck:

The Mazda Furai has the wrong PP, joby. In GT6 it's 649....I bought one to use in the S licences non-racecar races but found out it is classed as a racecar so that was a bust :lol:

@bloodredsky I'm a huge fan of classic tracks. Even if GT6 added no more "new" tracks and just added the old versions of current tracks on GT I'd probably have a big stupid grin on my face for weeks on end. Monza, Fuji, Spa, Nurburgring with Südschleife (Gesamtstrecke), Indy Roadcourse, Daytona Beach, Suzuka (no Casio Triangle and Degner Curve was a curve not a double apex), Laguna Seca was a completely different track. I'm sure a few others had very different layouts to now as well but these are ones I know off the top. Add in Brooklands and I'd gladly pay $20-25.

@tezgm99 Poppycock! I know a few people that don't really enjoy it but there is no other track(that I know of so far) that I'd rather race on.

The Gran Turismo Ford GT LM Spec II Testcar(the carbon fibre one) has the wrong pp. Oil changed is 622pp. You have it listed at 641.

And yes Nish, I miss Fuji 80's and 90's - and if we had old original Spa, and old Monza with bank, that would be completely epic and undeniably awesome. I also miss GT tracks that aren't in here anymore, specifically El Capitan and Midfield (but also the two tight ass technical street courses - Citta di Aria, and Costa di Amalfi). Someday maybe again. Until then, I'll PSP it to fulfill the itch.

I meant Fuji 60's :). When it was a 30 degree 200mph banking.

FujiNow.gif

The dotted line that continues off the end of the straight and through other parts of the track are the 1965-74.

I'm starting to think that won't be used until GT7. Ever since that random Sony guy hinted that GT7:P will release before DriveClub we haven't got much of anything. Hope I'm wrong though.

OK boys, as promised I have compiled four races for Thursday night. This test event will be held with a PP Total of 1850 and the four races are as follows:

First race and qualifying:
The NSX Cup at Suzuka (Full) on Sports Medium tires.

The winner of this race will pick the next race from the following three remaining race events. They can pick any track on the track list for our normal DTC nights.

Race Events

90's Japanese FF cars 375-415pp (Sports Hard)

Evo vs. STi (Sports Medium)

2008-2014 New Muscle Cars (Sports Soft)

Example line-up:
MR - Honda NSX '01 456pp
FF - Toyota Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '99 401pp
4WD - Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon STi (Type-I) '00 460pp
FR - Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14 533pp
Total: 1850pp

I attached the Excel file I was working with. Each race event tab lists the eligible cars that can be used.

The tabs at the bottom show the other race events that I will be working on.

Attachments

• DCT.xlsx
    20.2 KB · Views: 9
Best way I could get the lists up here. These are the eligible cars for the NSX Cup:

upload_2014-4-14_11-25-43.png

Eligible cars for '90s Japanese FF (375-415pp):
upload_2014-4-14_11-27-17.png

Eligible cars for Evo vs STi:
upload_2014-4-14_11-28-21.png

Eligible for 2008-2014 New Muscle Cars:
upload_2014-4-14_11-29-2.png

Last edited:
So, what are the settings for Race 1 tomorrow? My car choices hinge greatly on the weather settings.

Circuit De Spa Time / Weather change. Course Settings at: Time 9:00, Time Progression 5, Weather 40%, Weather changeability 60, surface water at race start 0%.

Well that's kinda ridiculous. This series isn't about trying to out think others with tire strategy and predicting what the weather will do.

Going forward I would like to see a constant track condition throughout the race. But that's just me.

Well that's kinda ridiculous. This series isn't about trying to out think others with tire strategy and predicting what the weather will do.

Going forward I would like to see a constant track condition throughout the race. But that's just me.
I'll run comfort softs on my 620pp race car just in case. :D

I would have to agree. Weather changing conditions are OK for endurance racing. But doesn't make close fun racing for sprint races.

Now if everyone ran the same tire combination it would be OK.

TONIGHT!

@Starvsnr
@zeromisfit999
@Rolly21581
@JLBowler
@basswerks1
@GTP_unleashed
@fastfox400
@photonrider
@cmbeal317
@racefan78
@DMacs13
@USERID_77a23
@Wolfsatz
@Nish
@danfurey

Tuesday Race Night
(Event will take place in a friends only room)

04/15/2014 at 10:00 PM EST/ 7:00 pm PST

This event will run with a combined PP of:

The first two races will run with a combined PP of:
1240 (SS)
All cars PP must be between 589 and 651

The second two races will run with a combined PP of:
600 (SH)
All cars PP must be between 285 and 315

Qualifying and the first race will take place at

Circuit De Spa Time / Weather change.
Course Settings at:
Time 9:00
Time Progression 5
Weather 40%
Weather changeability 60
Surface water at race start 0%

If you would like to participate in the next event please post in this thread that you would like to take part. I will add your name to the list. You can also add your name and car lineup to the

The first two races will allow a maximum tire grade of sports soft and the last two races will be run with sports hard tires.

Please make sure you are friends on PSN with Ice_Warden prior to 9pm EST tonight.

Feel free to post any questions in this thread. The first race is a little tricky this week so get any issues resolved before the race.

This Series will be run using the Rules laid out by S.N.A.I.L. For anyone unfamiliar those rules please see the below info.

We expect all drivers to follow our OLR Rules and pursue good racecraft at all times. If you're not sure what good racecraft is, watch this video. It can be summed up in one simple 'Golden Rule' of motorsports: It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free. If you don't agree with this rule or don't think it applies to you, this is not the league for you.
Im going to try to make this race tonight. Ill try to get my chosen cars up beforehand

Im going to try to make this race tonight. Ill try to get my chosen cars up beforehand
sorry, i thought it started a 9pm, but thats the time for spa, im out, wont be awake for the entire night of racing. damn because i had my lawnmower ready to go for that 2nd set

sorry, i thought it started a 9pm, but thats the time for spa, im out, wont be awake for the entire night of racing. damn because i had my lawnmower ready to go for that 2nd set
Sorry you can not make it for the whole night. But feel free to drop in and do a few races!

So the votes for the Track grouping was overwhelmingly for Group 2. So here is the new track groupings. It is up to you if you want to start using them tonight or next week.

Group A
Circuit de la Sarthe (With Chicanes) (Chosen by @racefan78 )
Silverstone - Grand Prix Circuit
Trial Mountain
Ascari - (Chosen by @carboneyes - Replaced Willow Springs - Big Willow)
Twin Ring Motegi Road Course (Chosen by @racefan78 - Replaced Motegi Super Speedway)

Group B
Deep Forest Raceway
Suzuka (Chosen By @tezgm99 - Replaced Spa Francorchamps)
Indy Road Course
Nurburgring GP/F - (Chosen by @danfurey - Replaced Daytona Road Course )
Eiger Nordwand short track (Chosen by @Schmiggz - Replaced Brands Hatch - Indy Circuit)

Group C
Apricot Hill (Chosen by @88GTA )
Mt Panorama (Chosen by @Schmiggz )
Grand Valley Full (Chosen by @88GTA - Replaced SSR5)
Mazda Raceway Leguna Seca (Chosen by @danfurey )
Côte d'Azur - (Chosen by @Nish - Replaced Tsukuba)

i would but i should get rest, got a job interview tomorrow i should get ready for,
i do want to get back into this league, i like the idea of a bit of experimentation and the excitement of not really knowing what track is next.
what is the format again? is it 4 races total in the evening or 6? dont answer im going to page 1 now :)

im missing normal racing sunday so ill be keen for next week's dtc:gtpflag:

Back