◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,692 comments
I went over the directors doc at lunch. everything is correct in there. And that's where zer0 generates the report from.

I'll be updating the votes in the results doc shortly.

The errant vote I saw is not there anymore. Like I said, most likely just a typo by someone along the line. The votes are very interesting though.

Need one more post for top of the page. I have something for it.

S.N.A.I.L. Driver Status Policy

Beginning at the conclusion of the January season of S.N.A.I.L., drivers will be classified into one of three S.N.A.I.L. Driver Statuses, full time active, part time active, and inactive. Drivers will be reclassified at the end of each monthly season of S.N.A.I.L.

Any driver who has raced in more than half of the Sunday night events available to them will be considered full time active for the following season. i.e. 1 of 1, 2 of 2, 2 of 3, 3 of 3, 3 of 4, or 4 of 4.
Any driver who has raced in half or less of the Sunday night events available to them will be considered part time active for the following season. i.e. 1 of 2, 1 of 3, 1 of 4, 2 of 4.

Any driver who does not participate in any Sunday night events for two full seasons will be moved to the inactive list and will have to contact @JLBowler when/if they wish to race again. They may be asked to resubmit a time trial at that time.

Any new driver who joins in the middle of a season will be considered full time active for the initial season and then evaluated using the above criteria for each subsequent season.

Any driver who, during a monthly season, misses enough nights that they can not reach full time active status for the following month may be moved to part time active status mid-month. i.e. driver A misses the first two nights of racing. Driver A could be moved to part time active status for the remained of that month if space is needed for full time drivers.

Any part time active driver who races in the first three Sunday night events in a month will be moved to full time active status for the fourth race of the monthly season.

Any driver who is currently considered to be inactive may become active at any time by contacting @JLBowler and completing a new time trial for division placement if requested.

In the event that any division reaches capacity on a Sunday night, full time active drivers will have priority over any other classification of driver for filling spots on the grid during Sunday night races. Part time active drivers will be listed in order of priority for racing on Sunday night. This will be done in advance of Sunday night and updated on the drivers list (or posted in the thread) so that all division directors and drivers can see it.

This list will be ordered using the following criteria:
1. Most to least amount of points scored in the current season. If tied move on to
2. Most to least points scored in the previous season.

If a room reaches capacity and a part time driver in that division wishes to race, they may move up one division and race that night provided they have the host of the next division up on their friends list prior to the opening of that room.

Last edited:
First of all, my apologies to fellow D3 racers for bailing out mid way. My performance last night was beyond ridiculous loaded with genuine newbie mistakes due to total lack of focusing on what I was doing.
I gotta get my act together again before I end up on D10. I was fuming after (another) stupid mistake at Brands Hatch when I was leading.
I promise I'll try to push wider the fun boundaries so I can live better with the dead last position.

Second, I feel so sorry for all of you having all sorts of problems to race on sundays. To be honest, I don't get it!!! D3 has been running perfectly and, as far as I know, no one has experienced any problems joining the room, lagging or discos.
I really hope PD can also get they're act together really soon.
Cheers

Re: D4 issues last night... glad (?) I didn't miss race 3.. I ended up backing out of qualifying by accident, and guess I missed the disco party by a few minutes.

Race 1 was pretty fun -- I really like how the Dino makes you take it easy thru the turns, and if you're a bit too aggressive just breaks free and looses it. Managed a 1st in R1.2, which was awesome :)

Got disco'd in 7th (I think) in R2.1, and I think I coulda made it a little higher up by the end..that was a huge disappointment, because I love the Rocket combo. R2.2 was a good one, even if I spun out and lost mucho positions...I think 2nd or something to 10th :(

not gonna miss the Caterham -- hope the Rocket stays.

Appears to have done pretty much as described. I will say the file restore was not almost instant. Playlists were indeed nuked. Nothing that can't be rebuilt. Music files are still there. Game save intact. Since playlists were nuked got a bunch of errors in GT6 when it tried to play my Personal BGM. That was to be expected. Turn Personal BGM off and those errors stopped. Might just be me and wishful thinking but the GT6 menus seem a little quicker now. XMB also seemed a bit smoother. Checking some replays without the XMB spamming to see if they play.

Holy Crap Batman. A replay from a week ago that locked 3 of 4 tries loaded up in half the time it took to lock up or play that one time. It already feels smoother and quicker. Thanks @Pichon617 . Shoulda been doing this for the last 2 years. At least once a month.

Just had another replay from last week go all frog's a$$ on my PS3. That didn't cure that particular problem up.

Last edited:
Here are some pictures from Division 8. I wasn't able to load the replay from race 1 and I was disco'd in race 6, so I'm without replays / pictures from those two races. It was pretty competitive overall with a separate fairly dominate driver at each combo. @speer9892003 won both races in the Dino, @KTR5 won both with the Rocket and @Boosted22g won both races in the Caterham.

@FBR_Steve leading the group into turn 1 in race 2.

Autodromo Nazionale Monza.jpg

@Rolly21581 and @wackedkid47 (Wackedboy)

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_1.jpg

@Rolly21581, @autoximpreza, @KTR5, @Orobouros and @Sharkb8ii cruising through the second chicane.

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_2.jpg

@KTR5 with @autoximpreza right on his tail
Autodromo Nazionale Monza_3.jpg

@Sharkb8ii, @Orobouros, and @speer9892003 through the third chicane
Autodromo Nazionale Monza_4.jpg

@KTR5 with the lead into turn 2 at Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit.jpg

@Orobouros and @CCraft into turn 2
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_1.jpg

Heading into turn 5
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_2.jpg

@speer9892003 leading the field into turn 1 in race 2
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_3.jpg

@wvhellbilly and @FBR_Steve with @Rolly21581 chasing
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_4.jpg

@Rolly21581 followed by @Sharkb8ii @KTR5 and @FBR_Steve
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_5.jpg

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_6.jpg

@Orobouros with @CCraft and @KTR5 trying to get through turn 1 safely. I did not succeed.
Côte d'Azur.jpg

A beautiful backdrop for a race
Côte d'Azur_1.jpg

Nobody could match @Boosted22g in the Caterham
Côte d'Azur_2.jpg

@CCraft and @Rolly21581 battling for a podium spot
Côte d'Azur_3.jpg

This post details a place all SNAILs can post replays, and share them with the stewards and others.

I've added a hyperlink to said post on row 158 of the Team S.N.A.I.L. post for easy reference for all replay uploaders in the futures. As time permits, I'll be adding more hyperlink resources in the near future as well. In the meantime, I've updated some key positions in the overall league responsibilities list including our General Manager @ExoSphere64 and Coordinators (in chronological order of when their duties impact a new driver):

@Skills - New Member and Sunday PM Coordinator
@JLBowler - Division Assignment Coordinator
@Oshawa-Joe - Driver List Coordinator
@Dragonwhisky - Score Sheet Coordinator
@Handlebar - Prize Coordinator

Thanks guys for all you do! :bowdown:

Seeing Handlebar listed as prize coordinator reminded me of something I wanted to bring up a while back and never did. At the risk of opening a can of worms on the thread:

Does anyone have any thoughts for a replacement for our Prize C. It used to be a car or ticket but GT6 nuked that feature. If @zer05ive already has something in mind, I apologize in advance for starting the discussion.

Just had another replay from last week go all frog's a$$ on my PS3. That didn't cure that particular problem up.

This very same replay just played using JLBowler's method of bringing the XMB up during loading and spamming left/right until the playback begins. Really PD?

This very same replay just played using JLBowler's method of bringing the XMB up during loading and spamming left/right until the playback begins. Really PD?

Handlebar reported good luck with the method as well. We may be on to a temporary, semi-effective workaround until PD can get us a permanent fix for the issue. Before we get too excited about it, I have had replays still lock up using this method.

With this new full time and part time driver status, will we be seeing a consolidation of divisions for February?

I don't see that happening right now. There will probably be some movement to level off the divisions though. By more accurately tracking participation levels, I hope to produce more even and more complete grids in each division.

Handlebar reported good luck with the method as well. We may be on to a temporary, semi-effective workaround until PD can get us a permanent fix for the issue. Before we get too excited about it, I have had replays still lock up using this method.

I just had one lock up while doing this too. It's a bit disconcerting the first time it happens after you've had 8-10 work the first time you tried the spammy thing. Watching the XMB freeze was startling.

Seeing Handlebar listed as prize coordinator reminded me of something I wanted to bring up a while back and never did. At the risk of opening a can of worms on the thread:

Does anyone have any thoughts for a replacement for our Prize C. It used to be a car or ticket but GT6 nuked that feature. If @zer05ive already has something in mind, I apologize in advance for starting the discussion.
Not sure why you'd be apprehensive about starting a discussion as that's how things in this league have always evolved and improved over time. The only times discussions tend to not lead to anything productive is when someone adds negativity into the mix and causes the discussion to turn into an argument. But yeah.. this thread.. this league.. has always thrived on cans of worms being opened. :sly:

As for a replacement for Prize C, it was last discussed here. Only one suggestion was made back then, but it didn't feel quite right to me. If you (or anyone else) has a suggestion for Prize C, let's hear it! I can't guarantee that the idea will be implemented, but I know you already understand that. For any organization to be successful, its leaders have to decide which ideas will have a positive impact and which ones won't. 👍

I am still a gamer at heart, but having seen the lack of winning spirit of late, I am reluctantly forwarding the idea of....

Prize A - as is.

Prize B - Choose replacement for track or car*

Prize C - Choose if Prize B will choose the track, or choose the car.

*. We have had 3 consecutive weeks of Prizes where the weiner winner couldn't choose without multiple digs "to git 'er done." Hence, I also suggest that we restrict prizes to winners in their second full season in any division. As hard as Team SNAIL tries on initial placement, it is not perfect, give us time and it will be more fair.

Sorry, but I can't see Prize C being something that affect season championships in any way.
I don't see why not. Prize A and B both do, to an extent. Maybe not to the same extent as being awarded points, but whoever wins either A or B gets to choose a car, a having the advantage of also choosing the track. Not trying to argue, Simply stating an opinion, and an idea.

I am still a gamer at heart, but having seen the lack of winning spirit of late, I am reluctantly forwarding the idea of....

Prize A - as is.

*. We have had 3 consecutive weeks of Prizes where the weiner winner couldn't choose without multiple digs "to git 'er done." Hence, I also suggest that we restrict prizes to winners in their second full season in any division. As hard as Team SNAIL tries on initial placement, it is not perfect, give us time and it will be more fair.
I like it! Definitely has potential IMO. 👍

The only downside is that the Prize C winner has to "pick" before Prize B winner can "pick", but that's minor..

Prize A - as is.

I like this idea...

I like it! Definitely has potential IMO. 👍

The only downside is that the Prize C winner has to "pick" before Prize B winner can "pick", but that's minor..

Yeah, sorta... The timeline for suggesting probably needs a compression, as well as a limit/concern if the winner does not choose to have an email or does not check GTPlanet messages...

Back