◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
I was hoping the X2014 Standard and Fan car "felt" better and offered a better driving experience. The standard should have been more like an F1 car (F2007 / F10) but it feels very odd - like it's floating and sticking at the same time. Not what I was expecting at all. And why can't I seem to hear the tires on these two new cars :confused:.

Because folks have been bleating about tire squeal when they take 500HP cars out with CH tires and in typical PD fashion, they've fixed something so completely trivial. I reckon because that's what they could fix.

I was hoping the X2014 Standard and Fan car "felt" better and offered a better driving experience. The standard should have been more like an F1 car (F2007 / F10) but it feels very odd - like it's floating and sticking at the same time. Not what I was expecting at all. And why can't I seem to hear the tires on these two new cars :confused:.
Wow are they starting to reduce the tire squeal SFX? I love the tire sound, it's pretty useful to gauge how close you are to going off roading.

Wow are they starting to reduce the tire squeal SFX? I love the tire sound, it's pretty useful to gauge how close you are to going off roading.
I'm not on DW's page. I thought the tire squeal was to overboard. I haven't tried it now, but before it was the most distinct sound by a long shot, drowning out the engine in some cases. No matter what the tire is, you shouldn't hear persistent tire squeal in a straight line in 4th gear while driving a ford focus. I agree that it is a useful tool, and I suspect it will still function as such, just without all the extra drama.

When I add up the elimination votes, I get:
Combo 1 - 21
Combo 2 - 24
Combo 3 - 24

How was it determined that Combo 2 would be completely eliminated? Thanks!

Going from @zer05ive results post I get the same numbers as you do.

Raw vote numbers:
Combo 1 - 21
Combo 2 - 26
Combo 3 - 24

Prize A winner voted for Round 2
Prize B winner voted for Round 2
Prize C winner didn't vote

Resulting in:
Combo 1 - 21
Combo 2 - 24
Combo 3 - 24

@zer05ive how to resolve this? Fortunately we have some time to decide 👍

Ya... The steering on the Standard is just horrible. 80% of the steering angle is in the first 90 degrees of my G27, with the last 20% spread out over the remaining 350 degrees on the wheel. Fast corners feel right. Slow corners make me walk my hands across the wheel as fast as possible just to get all the way to lock. With sequential slow, opposite direction corners, I have to traverse the entire 900 degrees in less than a second to be anything other than dog slow. It is completely impossible to be even remotely precise with this car at low-medium speeds, and that's a real shame.

Edit: And ya, there's no feedback from the tires. There's a very faint screech, but it's almost completely inaudible over the engine sound. Uggh.

Last edited:
Do the rules state Prize (A) must change both track and car?
Can the Prize A winner choose to keep both car and track? :)
even if the prize does not state you must consider this. The prize was voted off by the fact that it received the most votes to be changed (although this week it looks like we have a tie). If you make a decision to keep one or both elements are you respecting the wishes and desires of the majority of the league?

We have so many cars and tracks to choose from do we really need to keep elements of a combo that we have the option to change?

Do the rules state Prize (A) must change both track and car?

Can the Prize A winner choose to keep both car and track? :)

From the OP:

Prize A: The right to select the new car and track combo to replace the combo that was voted off

To my mind, the word 'new' is key in the sentence. If the car or track remain as part of the combo, they are old, not new. But I've been corrected before and I'm sure it'll happen again at some point.

We have well over 1000 cars to choose from in the game, granted we're a little limited with price currently, but, are you sure you can't find a car you'd like to race on a track you'd like to race that's different than the combo that was voted off?

From the OP:

Prize A: The right to select the new car and track combo to replace the combo that was voted off

To my mind, the word 'new' is key in the sentence. If the car or track remain as part of the combo, they are old, not new. But I've been corrected before and I'm sure it'll happen again at some point.

We have well over 1000 cars to choose from in the game, granted we're a little limited with price currently, but, are you sure you can't find a car you'd like to race on a track you'd like to race that's different than the combo that was voted off?

That certainly makes sense to me. When I read that over, I was quick to bypass the word "new". Very good point. And I would agree that we have many other choices. With that, I know our Division all like that combo and at least I was surprised it received so many votes. But the majority has spoken....pending the tie issue.

That certainly makes sense to me. When I read that over, I was quick to bypass the word "new". Very good point. And I would agree that we have many other choices. With that, I know our Division all like that combo and at least I was surprised it received so many votes. But the majority has spoken....pending the tie issue.

I think it's just a case of it being around a little longer than we're used to :lol:

I'm not on DW's page. I thought the tire squeal was to overboard. I haven't tried it now, but before it was the most distinct sound by a long shot, drowning out the engine in some cases. No matter what the tire is, you shouldn't hear persistent tire squeal in a straight line in 4th gear while driving a ford focus. I agree that it is a useful tool, and I suspect it will still function as such, just without all the extra drama.
Interesting, I never noticed any tire squeal when driving in a straight line.. only when starting to corner and it seemed pretty progressive to me, although it was a little loud. One of the first things I enjoyed in GT6 were the tire SFX. Oh well!

I think it's just a case of it being around a little longer than we're used to :lol:
I know my vote was to see a change. For me any more than three weeks with a combo starts to feel repetitive. I am sure we will see the Rocket again. We need open wheel racing to come back. With the addition of the rocket, caterham, shifter cart and the redbull jr there are more options than ever for open wheel racing.

Don't forget, we have a 250,000 credit cap now. Bring on the race cars.
I already tried one race car that I was hoping would be great. Sadly the default transmission setting maxes out at 130 mph :(

I understand all the subtlties of the word new. The fact is people were bored with the Rocket at Brands Hatch. I was too. However there's nothing wrong with the track or the car, we just want something fresh like the car at a new track or the track with a new car. I don't know, I'll be playing tonight looking for a fun car but I thought the Rocket was super fun and I'd be up for an entire series with it on different tracks.

Anyway, can someone link me to an easy to digest list of all recent cars and tracks used? The link in the results post took me to the spreadsheet but I couldn't find the list of combos.

I already tried one race car that I was hoping would be great. Sadly the default transmission setting maxes out at 130 mph :(

I understand all the subtlties of the word new. The fact is people were bored with the Rocket at Brands Hatch. I was too. However there's nothing wrong with the track or the car, we just want something fresh like the car at a new track or the track with a new car. I don't know, I'll be playing tonight looking for a fun car but I thought the Rocket was super fun and I'd be up for an entire series with it on different tracks.

Anyway, can someone link me to an easy to digest list of all recent cars and tracks used? The link in the results post took me to the spreadsheet but I couldn't find the list of combos.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ce-series-stock-february-2nd-10pm-gmt.292181/
this is a great group that loves the rocket also. You should give them a try for more rocket races.

This tab in the results sheet has two links, Driver Information and Track information.

Div 6 data has been entered.

Special thanks to handlebar for exporting and sending me the replay for R1-1 since I missed race needing to log out with network visibility issue. It also incentivized me to configure my spare external HDD for my PS3! :D (I could serve as a backup or primary replay uploader now too.)

Another thanks to kcheeb for responding to a few questions I had for entering info when ppl either get disco'ed or miss race 1 of a round.

Actually, we are on the same page Rally. I think, when driving cars with crappy tires (read SHs or less), I noticed there seemed to be more squeal than I would expect and when driving in a straight line, thought was completely bonkers. However, in light of some other things about this game that aren't just bonkers, but deal breakers, I called this particular issue, trivial.

Going from @zer05ive

Raw vote numbers:
Combo 1 - 21
Combo 2 - 26
Combo 3 - 24

Prize A winner voted for Round 2
Prize B winner voted for Round 2
Prize C winner didn't vote

Resulting in:
Combo 1 - 21
Combo 2 - 24
Combo 3 - 24

I am the prize b winner and i didnt vote this week cause i really enjoyed the 3 combo, i dont know where those number come from but they are wrong :/

And i read but didnt find and official post that we have now 250 000 credit for car selection, could any official tell me if its right ? And when is my time line for submiting my pick

I am the prize b winner and i didnt vote this week cause i really enjoyed the 3 combo, i dont know where those number come from but they are wrong :/

And i read but didnt find and official post that we have now 250 000 credit for car selection, could any official tell me if its right ? And when is my time line for submiting my pick

Oops, it was the prize c winner that voted for combo 2, sorry.

This is why I leave the hard stuff to @zer05ive :lol:

Read the results post all the way to the bottom.

Actually, we are on the same page Rally. I think, when driving cars with crappy tires (read SHs or less), I noticed there seemed to be more squeal than I would expect and when driving in a straight line, thought was completely bonkers. However, in light of some other things about this game that aren't just bonkers, but deal breakers, I called this particular issue, trivial.
I can't argue against the trivaility of fixing it. Though I would imagine it would be a few values to adjust, as opposed to trying to debug the replay issue, which will probably require lots of new lines of code. Bowler probably has it right though, They surely have a long laundry list of issues to fix, and a priority assigned to each. Tire squeal would be low on that list, or at least it should have been.

Random suggestion for prize C, just to throw a different idea out there:

For the unchanged combo, prize C winner can choose to alter the spec tire compound for that week by one level softer or harder. For example, spec is SS - choice could be SM, SS, or RH. CS would also be in play for normally SH cars.
I like the outside of the box thinking, but the changing the tire compound on the unchanged combo basically changes the combo. While I understand that this might not seem like a big deal, keeping one our our three combos completely unchanged and 100% in tact is core part of our formula. I'm not saying that it could never change, but it'd take something pretty major to get me to sway on that. :)

Why not reverse it then? Prize A stays the same, prize B too, picks a track or a car. And prize C gets to pick what is left, the car, if prize B picks the track. Or the track, if prize B picks the car.
This too would be a break the formula in a way that I'm not comfortable with. Even though two people (the Prize B and Prize C winner) are each only contributing half of the combo, the result is a combo that has an entirely new car and track. When you combine this with the Prize A winner's combo, we'd have two entirely new combos every week and one remaining entire the same.

Not great only because winner B would have tested (hopefully) the specific combo resulting from their pick. Would certainly shake things up though.

I got a good chuckle at varga's suggestion, I'm sure it was made in jest :)

No thoughts on my tire pick suggestion? The more I think about it, the more I like it. Could be a little confusing though since tires by PP is well documented and people would have to pay close attention to the combo post.
Sorry for not replying earlier. You previous posted was made as I was typing a reply to three other posts and I completely missed your post from last night. Let me know if you have any thoughts on my reply above, but I'm really only open to suggestions that don't change our league's core formula:

One combo replaced entirely (car and track changes)
One combo replaced by half (car or track changes)
One combo remains the same (no change in car or track)

So far, only @Handlebar's suggestion adds value to Prize C without changing the above formula, but I'm definitely hoping to hear more ideas. I think this would be the perfect time to implement something new since we don't have official races on Sunday and we'll also in between seasons right now. 👍

Latest Posts

Back