◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,420 comments
SNAIL Funday Fridays!!!

Come one, come all to the greatest games on wheels! We’ve got spills, we got chills, we got bone shattering thrills!!!!! Grab up the family, get the neighbors, and don’t forget the dog, then hurry on down to the Funday Fridays lobby for crazy four wheel action!!
Tonight’s event, like every Friday night, will be the always popular Cat & SNAIL.
Here’s how it works; we will need 6 or more racers, while we wait for that count, we will do some short, cheap car derbies. When we get 6 racers, we will then run a 1 lap dirty sprint race. This will be to determine teams. Odds vs evens. More teams can be added if we get more participants (3 teams of 3 is AWESOME!). The object of the game is to be the team with your SNAIL across the finish line first.
How it works: Once teams have been decided, each team will need to pick a driver to be the SNAIL, the other 2 members of the team will be the cats. The SNAIL will be in a car around 330 pp, and the cats will be around 475. The Job of the SNAIL is to get to the finish line first. The cats are responsible for getting the SNAIL there! The cat can either protect and push their teams SNAIL, or go on the attack and try to take out the other teams SNAIL. No move is to dirty here folks. Smash, bash and destroy your competition. Just don’t forget, you’re on a team, and need to be sure your SNAIL is getting to the finish.
With all this action, be sure to join us tonight 9PM EST. Room opens at approximately 8:30. This is a friend’s only room event, so if you want to participate, please be sure to send a friend request my way. The more people we can get, the better the action will be, and trust me, the game is not leave you wanting or disappointed.

EDIT!!!
Hold the presses folks, this just in! The cat car and mouse car restictions have now changed. All mouse cars now must be kei/micro cars and can not be above 70 HP and can not weight more than 1000kg, the car choice for the cat car is open, but the max HP can not be above 350. Tuning is OPEN!!!!

Last edited:
Hi all

Noob here to online racing and would like to join! Have always only played offline . . .

Some more info on the how / what / when / where would be nice.

Latency might also be an issue as I'm in South Africa. Hope not!

@criscr @mopar440 After being in a room where I was the host you guys need to do something about your connection. If you are wireless, you are not going to be able to get away with lag free clean racing. Gt5 was a P2P where you may have gotten away with relatively lag free racing. GT6 is no longer P2P, its a star network. So the worst connection in the room can effect everybody. You guys need to take steps to go wired. This also goes for @goofytyler especially if you will be hosting D6. Just looking out for you guys.
it may be latency just due to physical distance as well

Hi all

Noob here to online racing and would like to join! Have always only played offline . . .

We race at 9:30 pm eastern time US. Is that a good time for you?

Hi all

Hey SideKick! Skills will be along shortly with the official welcome message. In the mean time, check out the first post on the first page of this thread, if you haven't done so already. One more thing, have you seen the times we race?

Hi I have just come across your league and I was wondering if I could join at all?
@thriller8,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information.

3. @kcheeb PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6' based off your placement from kcheeb. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

hi guys just to let you know il be back racing this sunday (finally have a night off work). cant wait to race everyone in d1 on in gt6 :)

Apologies if this has already been asked, am I right to presume the concrete section that sticks out in the corner after the tunnel in Deep Forest is outside of the track boundry?

Since we are running Deep Forest in Reverse, the concrete section you are talking about will be before the first tunnel. That being said, you cannot drive over it. Four wheels have to be on the track at all times.

No, it's after the last tunnel in the Reverse track. But, either way, I'm sticking to my original presumption not to drive on it. Thanks for the replies.

To add to that, the rules start that red/white curbing is always the track boundry, which is the case on the concrete area.

You cannot drive over it. Four wheels have to be on the track at all times.

SNAIL OLR
15: Track Boundaries:

B:
Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the track/circuit which includes the rumble strips and footpaths, but not grassed areas.
:confused:

You will get a shortcut penalty if the outside tires hit the white line.
To add to that, the rules start that red/white curbing is always the track boundry, which is the case on the concrete area.

So in this picture, let's pretend that the Mini's outside tires are on the white line. That's is a penalty, but as @Rallywagon said, the red/white curbing is always the track boundary. And OLR says that it counts as part of the track:

SNAIL OLR
F:
Any kind of rumble strip made of concrete, stone etc are part of the track unless otherwise stated.

So if the Mini's tires were on the white line is that really a penalty or not?

DeepForestRaceway_13.jpg

While we're waiting for our technical director to rule on this;

The mini is legal. At that point on the track, if all 4 tires are on the side of the curbing opposite the white line, it becomes subject to penalties for shortcutting and/or re-entry.

JLBowler's will be the final word on it however.

In the case of the mini, the curbing, not the white line, is the boundry. if there is a red/white curbing/kerbing/kurbing... curbing, that takes precedence over every other boundry in nearly all cases. Then whiteline, followed by changes in tarmac material.

I am just wondering if actually touching/driving on the white line with the outside tires counts as a penalty, since technically the red/white curbing seems to be part of the track according to SNAIL OLR. But then even driving completely past the white line would be legal as long as your 2 outside wheels are on the curbing? IDK, we'll see what the ruling is.

As others have stated, the multi-colored curbing is the track boundary when it is present and is considered to be part of the track. You must keep two tires on the track at all times. When there is no curbing present, a change in road surface represents the edge of the track. There are some exceptions to this but they will be addressed on an as needed basis or an as I have time to go through all the tracks and post pics basis.

@thriller8,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information.

3. @kcheeb PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6' based off your placement from kcheeb. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:
Thank you for the info i was just wondering if you have an english league as i think 9:30 us tine might be late for me haha

Back