◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,793 comments
If anyone is interested, here's is the breakdown of the cars that have been used since round 1 (assuming the first post zero put up was the start of this group) up to the races held on Sunday night:
- 15 different cars used
- 9 FR, 3 4WD, 2 MR, 1 FF and 0 RR

Is it worth mixing it up more? For example, saying we can't have two of the same layout in one week? FR is fine and dandy, and I know that it has the majority of cars in the game (double the next best layout which is FF, if mygranturismo is accurate; 441 vs 220). However, looking at the list, the one FF car (Honda Civic EK '97) used lasted for four weeks which is just as long as the Amuse Super Leggera has. And, we should not forget, the last two cars to have won the BTCC have been FF....so saying it's not a proper racing layout doesn't hold any truth either ;)

Last edited:
I'm with you. I've been following this Logic with my car selections as well. I would prefer drivers get a quick feel for the car rather than having them spend 6 minutes monitoring their throttle inputs while learning the line. Mark my words, the first time someone puts us in the F40, or has us race at Monaco...I'm sitting out. I fear we may start taking this GAME as if it were real. As if the outcomes were to bear something important rather than just entertainment value.

Surely you won't set out a little Suzuki Cervo or Swift in Monaco. That would be loads of fun. Maybe Cappuccinos. Maybe even RM (which can still enter Tuning Prohibited, as long as you don't adjust any of the settings). That would be loads and loads of fun.

More fun than you could fit in a Suzuki, that's for sure.

True, but the odds of those cars getting picked which provide close exiting racing is slim. That's the reality.

Umm.. If I had taken the 1st place over all, my pick was going to be the newest Miata @ Cote De Azur (Monaco).

Reasons:
The track is narrow and windy so the car should be small.
The Miata is small enough for the track that passing is possible everywhere with only 2 exceptions.
The Miata is also low powered to keep the racing fun and competitive, but has more power than those micro-mini cars to make it fun for everyone.
Drafting would only be an option in 3 places on track, the rest would be all about driver skill.

Yes, it would be fun, close racing, and very competitive.

Diabolic, would you have declined to race if that was the selection?

Umm.. If I had taken the 1st place over all, my pick was going to be the newest Miata @ Cote De Azur (Monaco).

Reason:
the track is narrow and windy so the car should be small. Miata is small enough for the track that passing is possible everywhere with only 2 exceptions. The Miata is also low powered to keep the racing fun and competitive, but has more power than those micro-mini cars. It would be fun, and close, drafting would only be an option in 3 places on track, the rest would be all about driver skill.

Diabolic, would you have declined to race if that was the selection?

An NC would've been fun, too. I think the S 2000 wouldn't be bad there, but not as much fun.

To Tez's point, I think there are lots of front-wheel drive cars that would be lots of fun there, too. The EK, the Cooper S, the 207, a few of the Golfs.

I corrected my post. I meant the F40 at Monaco as plausible but unfriendly not the F40 anywhere or any car on Monaco. I type using swype on my phone and its correcting add I go along.

Busy thread...

Is it alright if I'm just around for the games or would you prefer someone who races? I will never be available Sunday. I'm available though on some mondays and many wed. and thurs.

An NC would've been fun, too. I think the S 2000 wouldn't be bad there, but not as much fun.

To Tez's point, I think there are lots of front-wheel drive cars that would be lots of fun there, too. The EK, the Cooper S, the 207, a few of the Golfs.

I have thought other powertrain layouts (FF, FR, MR, RR & AWD) Is there even a RR car in the dealership other than the VW Beetle & the VW Bus? There are very few FF cars I love, like the Scirocco R '10, but that car is DLC. There are other great selections that I would be happy to pick if DLC was not an issue, but sadly, it is. I completely understand some people are neither have nor willing to get DLC, and that's fine, I guess. As anyone bothered to do a poll to find out how many SNAIL members do have DLC and which ones? It would be awesome if it turned out that everyone had all the post release DLC, however unlikely it would it be. :)

Relax - I'm not saying we should change this or that. I'm just curious to know how may of use have the DLC.

I would like to join please. I am available to fill the grid in Div 3 this Sunday. I have sent friend requests to all 3 accounts. Psn Skills_19657

Zero or kcheeb -

Don't overlook this person, the post is over 12 hours old, with no reply.

Busy thread...

Is it alright if I'm just around for the games or would you prefer someone who races? I will never be available Sunday. I'm available though on some mondays and many wed. and thurs.

It's totally cool to only take part in the fun and games nights. One thing to be aware of, we do everything we can to limit lag. You'll find our members are all from North America, being from England, some network issues might crop up.

I've raced with a number of people from the continent and had no issues, but they do happen from time to time. I think it'd be worth a try, as long as you're willing.

EDIT: You'll need to send friend requests to SNAIL_Division2 and SNAIL_Division3 to partake in the fun!

Last edited:
If anyone is interested, here's is the breakdown of the cars that have been used since round 1 (assuming the first post zero put up was the start of this group) up to the races held on Sunday night:
- 16 different cars used
- 9 FR, 3 4WD, 2 MR, 1 FF and 0 RR

Nice stats, but the start of this group was actually much earlier than the start of this thread. As an example, here's the progression of cars and tracks during the month leading up to the official launch of the S.N.A.I.L. thread:

November 13, 2011 line-up:
ROUND ONE
Honda Beat '91
@Kart Space I
ROUND TWO
Tesla Roadster '08
@Cape Ring Periphery
ROUND THREE
Acura NSX '91 RM
@Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

November 20, 2011 line-up:
ROUND ONE
Honda Beat '91
@Kart Space I
ROUND TWO
Tesla Roadster '08
@Autumn Ring
ROUND THREE
Audi R8 4.2 FSI R Tronic '07
@Nürburgring GP/F

November 27, 2011 line-up:
ROUND ONE
Mazda Eunos Roadster J-Limited (NA) '91
@Tsukuba Circuit
ROUND TWO
Tesla Roadster '08
@Autumn Ring
ROUND THREE
@Spa-Franchorchamps

December 4, 2011 line-up:
ROUND ONE
Mazda Eunos Roadster J-Limited (NA) '91
@Tokyo R246 Reverse
ROUND TWO
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X GSR P.P. '07
@Deep Forest Raceway
ROUND THREE
@Spa-Franchorchamps

Last edited:
Busy thread...

I'm sure there would be no problem with this. The person who is responsible for this group is Zero - He's the 'Go-To' Guy around here.

I have thought other powertrain layouts (FF, FR, MR, RR & AWD) Is there even a RR car in the dealership other than the VW Beetle & the VW Bus? There are very few FF cars I love, like the Scirocco R '10, but that car is DLC. There are other great selections that I would be happy to pick if DLC was not an issue, but sadly, it is. I completely understand some people are neither have nor willing to get DLC, and that's fine, I guess. As anyone bothered to do a poll to find out how many SNAIL members do have DLC and which ones? It would be awesome if it turned out that everyone had all the post release DLC, however unlikely it would it be. :)

Relax - I'm not saying we should change this or that. I'm just curious to know how may of use have the DLC.

I for one do have the DLC. Anyone not have it?

As to the Scirocco, I haven't driven it that much. Does it handle differently than the Golf (Though, the VI is DLC, too, isn't it, and the V is a chubby little thing, so I guess I've answered/mooted my own question.).

As to rear-engined, maybe if we get another Ruf online dealership, we can use the RGT? (Though, I really enjoy the 3400 S. Probably because it is mid-engined but not as twitchy as the NSX or a Lotus.)

There is, however, the Alpine A110 and the DeLorean. I'll admit, the Delorean is a little sluggish, but the A110 isn't too bad. They are standards, but they are both prize cars, which means everyone should be able to get them relatively easily with zero miles. Any objection to using prize cars?

Busy thread...

I'm sure there would be no problem with this. The person who is responsible for this group is Zero - He's the 'Go-To' Guy around here.

As someone who, until recently, has not been able to do Sunday nights either, I can speak from experience that it should be ok. I believe zero gives preference to those are do race Sundays to do the practice stuff during the week however so, if the room becomes full, you might find yourself being asked to make way for someone :)

I would like to join please. I am available to fill the grid in Div 3 this Sunday. I have sent friend requests to all 3 accounts. Psn Skills_19657

Hey Skills, sorry for taking so long to respond to your post. I've added your psn to the drivers list. You'll be starting in Division 3 on Sunday night.

Please feel free to jump in to whichever of the S.N.A.I.L. activities look fun to you. We have a number of things going on throughout the week.

Please read the original post as it contains a lot of information with respect to how and when we operate and what we expect of S.N.A.I.L.'s

Welcome

I won't be able to consistently make league nights, due to work-related travel, so I'd just be around for general weekday asshattery.

Thanks for getting back so quick, appreciated!

I'll move you to the asshattery section of the drivers list :)

Thank you. I have read the first two posts, as well as all the others. If anyone is keeping track, I have all of the DLC.

Please, people. Let the winners revel in their win and allow them to pick a car/track combo that they want.

Think about it, if you, against all odds, managed to win Division 1 and suspected that it might well be the only time that you would ever have that chance, would you pick the Schwimmwagen on Sarthe if it was your absolute favorite car/track combo to drive? Or the Zonda on Autumn Ring Mini?

Obviously, most of us would consider what would be fun for the group, not just what they want, when making their decision. But let it be the winner's decision. You can speak up here and mention that you'll definitely be voting it off, but all of this whining and moaning gets grating pretty quickly.

I'm sure the winners feel similarly.

Hey Skills, sorry for taking so long to respond to your post. I've added your psn to the drivers list. You'll be starting in Division 3 on Sunday night.

Please feel free to jump in to whichever of the S.N.A.I.L. activities look fun to you. We have a number of things going on throughout the week.

Please read the original post as it contains a lot of information with respect to how and when we operate and what we expect of S.N.A.I.L.'s

Welcome

Oops! I forgot to post that I accepted all of Skill's friend requests last night.

Skills, welcome to the league!

I'd just like to say, as it stands now. this whole track car issue is really a dead horse being beat to crap. It seems like every monday and tuesday the same conversation happens when deciding a track and car combo. If you won the right to pick a track a car combo, that is your prize, and right right to choose whatever. Be it the Copen on HSR or a zr1 on autumn ring mini. The winners have the choice. That said, what you do with your choice is up to you. I know devious has kindly offered up her choice to vote. thats cool, considerate and her choice. However, all this banter that we are having is just that. Im with diabolic in that it feels like the only reason the combos are brought up is to have an argument. I love arguing. Im an old pro at it. But there is a time and a place. And I dont think the continual banter about track and car selection really has a place here anymore.

@MOPAR
The Prius at Daytona...a valid point if we're in middle school speech and debate. Its argumentative, yet hugely predictable and slanted towards a non point. What motive could possibly exist for mentioning something so completely ridiculous?

There are sides forming and if we can't work together I fear we may fall apart.

The point of the Prius @ Daytona is that, i was asking if that was the kind of racing most everyone wants instead of a track with a hint of technical sections? Its flat out mind-numbingly boring, but if thats what we all want, them im all for it. Its for sure some door-to-door action all race. No one will be left alone for "hours" driving by them selfs. We have the Division rooms to sort this out, people close in skill level to promote close racing.

As for sides forming, i feel there are yes, alot against me in fact. Why? Maybe the suggestions i make, or what i say on the forums, or how i drive, i dont know. I do know i try to be nice, not flame anyone or call anyone out. But then again, what do i know.

ROUND THREE
Acura NSX '91 RM

Hey Zero, just asking, but does this mean we have the option to upgrade to a RM version of a car yet still maintain the Tuning Prohibited?

I bought a couple DLC on my old account, and thought I was good to go on just gifting the cars to my newer account. Nope, can't do that. So, if need be, and I've actually been meaning to anyway, I will/plan on buying them again for the cars and tracks. So, if a poll was to take place...... No, i currently do not have dlc cars, but will gladly purchase if need be. Heck, if I don't get all ADHD on my GT5 plans for evening, I may actually buy it tonight.

See you all out on the asphault.

I'd just like to say, as it stands now. this whole track car issue is really a dead horse being beat to crap. It seems like every monday and tuesday the same conversation happens when deciding a track and car combo. If you won the right to pick a track a car combo, that is your prize, and right right to choose whatever. Be it the Copen on HSR or a zr1 on autumn ring mini. The winners have the choice. That said, what you do with your choice is up to you. I know devious has kindly offered up her choice to vote. thats cool, considerate and her choice. However, all this banter that we are having is just that. Im with diabolic in that it feels like the only reason the combos are brought up is to have an argument. I love arguing. Im an old pro at it. But there is a time and a place. And I dont think the continual banter about track and car selection really has a place here anymore.

Agree'd, lets put this to rest.

If you're on the same PS3 you should be able to use most DLC on multiple accounts.

I'm not certain about the first DLC, though. As that was made one-user then changed (I think)

I bought it twice. sigh

I bought a couple DLC on my old account, and thought I was good to go on just gifting the cars to my newer account. Nope, can't do that. So, if need be, and I've actually been meaning to anyway, I will/plan on buying them again for the cars and tracks. So, if a poll was to take place...... No, i currently do not have dlc cars, but will gladly purchase if need be. Heck, if I don't get all ADHD on my GT5 plans for evening, I may actually buy it tonight.

See you all out on the asphault.

You don't have to re-buy the cars if your accounts are on the same console. There is a d/l in the PS Store called the "family car pack update upgrade diddly do thingy" or some such, that adds the cars to ALL accounts on a console for free.

And tree'd. :(

Back