◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,326 comments
Hey SNAILs,

I'm putting an Hauppage HD PVR 49001 LF Rev D2 up for sale http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr.html. The site has all the information you'll need about the PVR.

It's used but in great shape. I have all the cables and even a remote control for it.

It will be sold as an auction and there is no minimum bid and but am imposing a reserve price of 25 $hells!

Proper Bidding Etiquette
If you want to place a bid or outbid someone else, please clearly state how many $hells you are bidding and what you're bidding on. It is also preferred if your bid post is in reply to the original listing (if you're the first bidder) or in reply to the highest current bid (if you're outbidding someone else). As an example, a simple reply of "I bid __ $hells for the _____" would be sufficient. 👍

IMPORTANT: Do not bid more $hells than the number of $hells you currently own.

How To Win
Bidding will be Open until November 6th, 2013 @ 10:00 P.M. Eastern time. At that time I will post that bidding has closed and announce the winner. I will then mail the PVR to the lucky SNAIL!

HAPPY BIDDING AND GOOD LUCK!! :)

Hey SNAILs, I'm putting an Hauppage HD PVR 49001 LF Rev D2 up for sale http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr.html. The site has all the information you'll need about the PVR. It's used but in great shape. I have all the cables and even a remote control for it. It will be sold as an auction and there is no minimum bid and but am imposing a reserve price of 25 $hells! Proper Bidding Etiquette If you want to place a bid or outbid someone else, please clearly state how many $hells you are bidding and what you're bidding on. It is also preferred if your bid post is in reply to the original listing (if you're the first bidder) or in reply to the highest current bid (if you're outbidding someone else). As an example, a simple reply of "I bid __ $hells for the _____" would be sufficient. 👍 IMPORTANT: Do not bid more $hells than the number of $hells you currently own. How To Win Bidding will be Open until November 6th, 2013 @ 10:00 P.M. Eastern time. At that time I will post that bidding has closed and announce the winner. I will then mail the PVR to the lucky SNAIL! HAPPY BIDDING AND GOOD LUCK!! :)

I missed out on the entire shells thing... When I was last here it was just a rumor. Looks like I've got some reading to do.

There's plenty of opportunity to earn $hells. D1 and D4 data entry hasn't been done for October, you can post pictures ...

Hey SNAILs,

I'm putting an Hauppage HD PVR 49001 LF Rev D2 up for sale http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr.html. The site has all the information you'll need about the PVR.

It's used but in great shape. I have all the cables and even a remote control for it.

It will be sold as an auction and there is no minimum bid and but am imposing a reserve price of 25 $hells!

Proper Bidding Etiquette
If you want to place a bid or outbid someone else, please clearly state how many $hells you are bidding and what you're bidding on. It is also preferred if your bid post is in reply to the original listing (if you're the first bidder) or in reply to the highest current bid (if you're outbidding someone else). As an example, a simple reply of "I bid __ $hells for the _____" would be sufficient. 👍

IMPORTANT: Do not bid more $hells than the number of $hells you currently own.

How To Win
Bidding will be Open until November 6th, 2013 @ 10:00 P.M. Eastern time. At that time I will post that bidding has closed and announce the winner. I will then mail the PVR to the lucky SNAIL!

HAPPY BIDDING AND GOOD LUCK!! :)

I will open the bidding with 25 $hells:)

For my Prize A selection, I would like to drive the Corvette C7 around Daytona Road Course

Thought you was going with the merc touring car? Lol

My choice is to take the alfa to trial mountain. Done abit of testing an the car seems to suit that circuit

Thanks for making your Prize A and Prize B selections!

The October 27th lineup has been posted!! :gtpflag:

New picture$, anyone? :D

On a side note Called PSN customer service and looks like they got my PSN store issue figured out and fixed. Seems I was missing several PSN updates. I now have the C7 and can race on sunday.

fastfox400
On a side note Called PSN customer service and looks like they got my PSN store issue figured out and fixed. Seems I was missing several PSN updates. I now have the C7 and can race on sunday.

Awesoommee!! 👍

Photo Overload

Here are some photos of the C7 Final Prototype for the lineup.
I would just like to add that this car is not only extremely fun to drive but also astonishingly beautiful!
Hope you enjoy the photos. :)

Edit: Forgot to post this one. :dunce:

Bonus photo: This thing is so fun to drive that I blew through a set of Sport Hard tyres :lol:

Last edited:
Considering the new tire physics, I'm thinking everything is going to handle better. As for looks, GM I feel thieved the style from Ferrari. The first time I saw one on the road, I said "oh look, a ferrari!" Then I noticed the badge. From the front, it really looks like a California or 485 italia... But! I do look forward to driving it!

fastfox400
Now its just got to figure out how the hell to get around Daytona road with out spinning..

Its easy! :lol:

Sorry if I chose the wrong and bad combo??? I thought it was fun and enjoyable? Guess its not that anymore? I don't know oh well!

Ph1sher
Its easy! :lol:

Sorry if I chose the wrong and bad combo??? I thought it was fun and enjoyable? Guess its not that anymore? I don't know oh well!

I've not driven it yet, but the two places I can see control issues : )

Turn 1 - high speed braking on a curve with a tight left hand turn to follow :yikes:

The bus stop - how much are you willing to bite off :scared:

Those will be my challenges :tup

kcheeb
I've not driven it yet, but the two places I can see control issues : )

Turn 1 - high speed braking on a curve with a tight left hand turn to follow :yikes:

The bus stop - how much are you willing to bite off :scared:

Those will be my challenges :tup

Its really not bad, I can full throttle on the apexes and it will go out smooth. I do somehow agree with the bus stop and first turn, but once you get it down it feels awesome

It is a great part of this league that we get to race a variety of cars and tracks. Some combos are great others not so much.

One thing to think about when it comes to car choices - of the 20 cars that have made the most appearances only 4 have over 500PP. Two of those were on Race tires (Camaro RM10, Amuse 380). Which means only two of the top 20 cars had over 500PP and were on Sports tires (Caterham, Aston DB9). This is a pattern that I do not see changing. The masses clearly like cars with less than 500pp.

That being said variety is great and it does help push us to learn better control.

Here is the list. The first number is appearances in SNAIL.

17 Lotus Elise RM '96 473
10 Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera 515
10 Acura NSX RM '91 495
7 Honda S2000 '06 424
6 Gran Turismo 350Z RS 500
6 Alfa Romeo GIULIA TZ2 carrozzata da ZAGATO CN.AR750106 '65 494
6 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 466
5 Caterham Seven Fireblade '02 567
5 Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) RM '02 492
4 Chevrolet Camaro SS RM '10 585
4 Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06 505
4 Ferrari 512BB '76 481
4 Amuse S2000 R1 '04 475
4 Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) RM '04 465
4 Toyota SUPRA 3.0GT Turbo A '88 429
4 Renaultsport Clio V6 24V '00 427
4 Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90 407
4 Scion FR-S '12 406
4 Toyota 86 GT '12 406
4 Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) '97 389

Thanks for the input jobyone! That was kind of point for this combo, to help us learn better control and throttle, brake control.

Again, thanks! 👍

It is a great part of this league that we get to race a variety of cars and tracks. Some combos are great others not so much.

One thing to think about when it comes to car choices - of the 20 cars that have made the most appearances only 4 have over 500PP. Two of those were on Race tires (Camaro RM10, Amuse 380). Which means only two of the top 20 cars had over 500PP and were on Sports tires (Caterham, Aston DB9). This is a pattern that I do not see changing. The masses clearly like cars with less than 500pp.

That being said variety is great and it does help push us to learn better control.

Here is the list. The first number is appearances in SNAIL.

17 Lotus Elise RM '96 473
10 Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera 515
10 Acura NSX RM '91 495
7 Honda S2000 '06 424
6 Gran Turismo 350Z RS 500
6 Alfa Romeo GIULIA TZ2 carrozzata da ZAGATO CN.AR750106 '65 494
6 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 466
5 Caterham Seven Fireblade '02 567
5 Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) RM '02 492
4 Chevrolet Camaro SS RM '10 585
4 Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06 505
4 Ferrari 512BB '76 481
4 Amuse S2000 R1 '04 475
4 Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) RM '04 465
4 Toyota SUPRA 3.0GT Turbo A '88 429
4 Renaultsport Clio V6 24V '00 427
4 Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90 407
4 Scion FR-S '12 406
4 Toyota 86 GT '12 406
4 Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) '97 389

The masses like anything that is easy to drive at or close to it's limit. Close racing is produced when most of the field can get about the same out of the car. The racing isn't so close when the car allows for the skill of the individual driver to play more of a part in the outcome of the race.

Considering the new tire physics, I'm thinking everything is going to handle better. As for looks, GM I feel thieved the style from Ferrari. The first time I saw one on the road, I said "oh look, a ferrari!" Then I noticed the badge. From the front, it really looks like a California or 485 italia... But! I do look forward to driving it!

I ain't no gear head but your talking about the wrong Ferrari's! It looks like a 599, not a California or 458....

I ain't no gear head but your talking about the wrong Ferrari's! It looks like a 599, not a California or 458....
I just took a look, I say all three!
Turn one and the bus stop are challenges in most of the cars we have taken there I think. Especially turn 1 though. I LOVE racing this track though for some reason. Some of my early SNAIL memories are on that track. With the Amuse g37(right numbers?) Good times. I think this vette will be a hoot on the track. Isn't this what people have been calling for? High horse power, sports tires and a real track? American muscle on the American track.

Back