â—† SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,795 comments
Thanks for your interest! I'll send you a friend request later today as soon as I have a chance. In the meantime, go ahead and proceed to Steps 3 and 4 on the original post so that your cars will be ready for Sunday night đź‘Ť

btw, any chance the "UH" in your name is for University of Houston?

thanks, sorry i haven't been able to on psn lately ill accept it next time im online.. and its University of Hawaii btw :P

Hey guys, got room for one more? My username is tschenck

Yup, we have room now that we're splitting into divisions. I just sent you a friend request.

Since you're new to the league, you'll start in Division 2 and then try to work your way up into Division 1. If you succeed in Division 1, you'll get to choose the direction of the entire league by deciding which cars and tracks we'll race.

Sorry I didn't get this posted earlier, I got tied up at work.. Here's the tentative schedule for S.N.A.I.L. along with a brief description of each night. Hopefully, this will clear up some of the confusion.

Sunday night - This is the official league night and the foundation for our league. All other nights of the week build up to Sunday night and the "main event". Drivers will be split into divisions and points will be recorded. The results of the night will determine who will be in each division the following week. More importantly, it'll determine who gets to pick the new car(s) and track(s).

Monday night - Nothing scheduled yet* For now, this is simply the deadline for when the Division 1 winners need to announce their new car and track choices.

Tuesday night - Nothing scheduled yet* However, this would be an ideal night to get the new car(s) broken-in.

Wednesday night - this is 'Slug night' and is open to all. The open lobby room number will be posted on this thread so that all the snails will know where to go. For now, either dvdoughboy or Dirty will be the host. Most of the races will consist of the new car and track combos that were announced on Monday night. This will be a great time to get to practice for Sunday night and to break-in the new car(s) if you haven't done so yet.

Thursday night - Nothing scheduled yet*

Friday night - this is 'Fun Friday' (or 'Diabolic Friday' since he's the host). He'll post the open lobby room number on this thread so that all the snails will know where to go. The format is up to diabolic so I'll let him post that info.

Saturday night - Nothing scheduled yet*

Since the Wednesday and Friday races will occur in the open lobby, non-snails will be able to join the lobby as well. If any of you are unable to join the room because it's full, simply send a message to the host or post a message on this thread so that the host can boot one of the non-snails to make room for you. If either of these nights gets popular enough that our league members will fill the lobby without any help from the public, then we'll start having them in my private lounge so that only snails can join.

* - If anybody wants to host races on a night where there's nothing scheduled, feel free to claim that night as your own. You'd be the host and you'd determine the format (just like diabolic is doing on Friday nights). My only request is that you post the open lobby room number here so that any available snails will be able to join you, along with others in the open lobby. Of course, the chances of you hosting a fully populated room will increase with advanced notice. It's unlikely that you'd be able to post a room number without any notice and have a good snail turnout.

Last edited:
zer05ive
Huh? You're already on my friends list. Or are you talking about the Division 1 friend requests? If so, I haven't sent those out yet.

Yeah I was talking about the division one races

Yup, we have room now that we're splitting into divisions. I just sent you a friend request.

Since you're new to the league, you'll start in Division 2 and then try to work your way up into Division 1. If you succeed in Division 1, you'll get to choose the direction of the entire league by deciding which cars and tracks we'll race.

Accepted the request, and that sounds great. Should I just get on at 10est tonight and look for your lobby?

Several things

1. I like reading my name in posts :D
2. Information for my Friday lounge will show up here on... Friday.
3. Did I mention how much I enjoy reading my name?
4. Diabolic thinks diabolic is awesome.
5. I may or may not be a cyborg.
6. 0101 101 10101 0101 111110.
...diabolic

Last edited:
diabolicwyvern
Several things

1. I like reading my name in posts :D
2. Information for my Friday lounge will show up here on Friday.
3. Did I mention how much I enjoy reading my name?
4. Diabolic thinks diabolic is awesome.
5. I may or may not be a cyborg.
6. 0101 101 10101 0101 111110.
...diabolic

7. Diabolic lovess dj

Edit: I will also be posting random room numbers that I host whenever I'm home during the week for people who just want everyday typical online clean racing.

Last edited:
I won't be hosting the room tonight since I'm calling it an early night. I'll be on for the first round for sure. I'll be looking for the room #

I really like the decision to split the league up into divisions. It will also be nice to race against the newer members. To be honest, I had never experienced the online bug until last Sunday and I was really surprised how bad it was. I did see though the PD announced today that there would be maintenance next week. So hopefully they will get this problem sorted out.

Regarding this Sunday, I should be able to make it, I'm not really interested in either of the teams(Our family are all Steelers' fans), but I was going to watch for the commercials. If you guys would happen to want to cancel the league for the night that's fine with me. I wish I could join you guys tonight, but only Saturdays and Sundays work for me.

Regarding the league, I really like the choices made for this week. I drove the a while ago in a shuffle race and had lots of fun, and the 458 is an absolutely wonderful car, though I still like the McLaren MP4-12C better. The RX-7 as usual is also a wonderful car to drive and I'm glad it wasn't eliminated. See you guys Sunday!:)

dang, got disconnected :(

maybe my PS3 is telling me to call it a night, thanks for letting me have a go with you guys, it was fun....and sorry to anyone I collected, haven't done the online thing before and was trying to get out of the way as quick as possible :crazy:

Last edited:
Accepted the request, and that sounds great. Should I just get on at 10est tonight and look for your lobby?

Thanks for racing with us tonight! We'll be racing informally again on Friday night at the same time, but with cars from the recommended list (which means you don't have to own them). Then Sunday night will be league night so be sure your three cars from the line-up are broken-in. You'll start in Division 2 which means you'll be racing in my private lounge on Sunday night.

I will try this... I will take a break from drag racing and do this for a change ;)

Cool, I've just sent you a friend invite. Please proceed to 'Step 2' of the steps listed at the bottom of the original post.

I really like the decision to split the league up into divisions. It will also be nice to race against the newer members. To be honest, I had never experienced the online bug until last Sunday and I was really surprised how bad it was. I did see though the PD announced today that there would be maintenance next week. So hopefully they will get this problem sorted out.

Yeah I'm excited about the prospects of doing this. I like the idea of everyone racing others of similar pace, yet still competing with everyone as a whole. Sunday was the first time I experienced the bug as well, but even if it gets fixed I still think we're going to stick with the separate divisions. The only difference may be that we allow more drivers in each division.

If you guys would happen to want to cancel the league for the night that's fine with me. I wish I could join you guys tonight, but only Saturdays and Sundays work for me.

Sunday night will go on as scheduled. No problem if you can't race with us any other day of the week. Sunday night is the only night that affects your standing within the league. The other nights are just for fun and practice.

Back