◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,699 comments
Shenanigans! I was the 3rd victim of that incident. Unreal. Just kidding earlier! For real though, had a blast last night, loved racing with you guys, so much better than AI.

Last edited:
Cheeb skated through like a bandit.

A sim-driving friend of mine told me to 'drive it like you stole it' so ...

Just kidding. (: It was a beautiful take-out, but it wasn't intentional. I watched the replay several times. The guilty party (I still can't remember who it was) missed their braking point coming over the crest, skidded out into the grass effectively short-cutting the turn, and just had the perfect line to collect me as he skidded back onto the track.

Sneaky spooble 👍

Cheeb, I've had it up to my elbows with your shenanigans. (hmm...fudge)

Your elbows, I've heard of knuckle draggers but elbow draggers, you can do better than that.

In the immortal words of Mike Tyson, 'I don't think I like your, mmmmmmmm is that fudge????'

Spooble and badger voted 3. All the posts from us are in jest. We had a grand ole time. The races were all very highly contested with only one runaway victory. Which was bowlers in the 459.

Let's see...ag was 5th 2 points behind spooble and badger was last.

Again, room was great. Bowler is quick. Before I spun and took last on race 8 ... Cheeb bowler and I were separated by 3 points. I came back to win race 9 but it was too late. Bowler was consistent and a deserving d1 winner

Last edited:
D2 was a blast. Really good racing minus every first corner on every first lap lol..but that's racing I guess. I'm stoked for the promotion! This was a great idea!👍

I would like to replace whatever is getting replaced with the Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 (from the dealership) at Daytona Road Course.

I would also like to say that we had some very good competitive racing in D1 last night. Although there was one other runaway win. Diabolic had one earlier in the night at Cape Ring I think.

Edit: A big thank you to whoever had the idea of giving a point for winning the pole. It saved my bacon last night.

Just saw that D2 voted...I misspoke last night starting that the reward for d2 was d1. :lol:

consider that a rookie mistake.

@bowler- I did win, but it was just by 5ish seconds. I think you won by 8.

Last edited:
Hey Gang,

I'm feeling rather fortunate to have finished second. I was the beneficiary of a couple of mistakes, quite sure it wasn't my stellar driving :) Another fun time on Sunday night, cheers!

I'm going to replace the Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury '07 with the Camaro Z28 '69 from the New Car Dealership.

Some buddies and I drove this car Sunday afternoon and it was fun on Sport Medium tires, Racing Softs should glue it to the track.

👍 for an all Chevrolet substitution.

Hey fellas! I would like to be added to your racing league, Seems like a good group, and some decent driving, well, maybe except for the last race. If I may, the car I would like to pick is the (I believe) the 01 or 02 subi sports wagon/ impreza wagon wrx. I'll get the full name when Im back at home, and the track Id like to choose is Eiger Nordwand track short track/weather. Look forward to meeting you all sunday night!

Please add me for SNAIL racing.

PSN: Esotic1972

:D

Thanks for your interest. I just sent you a friend request. Please proceed to Step 2 as listed at the bottom of the original post. Please note that we're going practice the new cars and tracks on Wednesday night, so let us know if you want to join us for that. We're also going to race "diabolic" cars and tracks on Friday night.

I would like to replace whatever is getting replaced with the Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 (from the dealership) at Daytona Road Course.

Thanks for announcing your Prize A selection so quickly! I'll update the line-up later today.

Edit: A big thank you to whoever had the idea of giving a point for winning the pole. It saved my bacon last night.

I'm glad to hear that the bonus pole points played such a huge role last night. I heard you got all three of the bonus points! Nice!

I'm going to replace the Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury '07 with the Camaro Z28 '69 from the New Car Dealership.

Ditto what I said to jlbowler, thanks for the quick selection!

Some buddies and I drove this car Sunday afternoon and it was fun on Sport Medium tires, Racing Softs should glue it to the track.

About that.. I've got a question to ask all you snails..

POLL QUESTION

The more seasoned snails (escargot, anyone?) in the league have long known that I have been planning to wean us off of Racing Soft tires. I think now that we've successfully implemented our multi-division format, this may be the right time to do it. Furthermore, it helps that kcheeb chose to replace the car with Prize B and not the track. That means that if we choose to do this, we'd only have to adjust to different tires on only one car (Round 2's Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A).

So, with all that being said.. What do you guys think? Should we or should we not transition to Racing Mediums? Please post your votes!

Yes, all that "Angry" stuff was in jest. We were trying to give Zero a hard time. Last night was an absolute joy. Everyone was very courteous, well mannered, and good humored. I'm glad to meet some racers that enjoy a good race, and not get there panty's in a wad over mistakes that we all make.

VOTE: Sure let's try a different tire.

Although last night was my first night, ill give my opinion.

I think it depends on the car as to what tires are used.

Last nights race with the 458 on sport softs, which is what i think you are trying to get to, would've been a disaster, at least in Div 2. People were having a hard enough time of racing softs.

It may be to difficult to to implement something that uses the PP level to what tire is used.
ie. 325-400 comfort soft
401-500 sport soft
501- 550 racing hard
550 - racing soft

I would vote that we mix it up with the tires instead of stepping it down across the board. There are many cars in the 450pp range that are a pleasure to drive with Sports tires, but I think even Racing Hards on the 458 would be a handful. You could split it up by PP maybe. Or let the person choosing the car choose tires as well. Within reason of course. Nobody wants to run a Yellowbird on Comfort Hards. :)

Some good ideas for tire selection!!!

We definitely want to match tires to the car, the Yellowbird (or just about any 911) is a great example.

I like the performance points to deceide the tire. I think the Jaguar would have been much more fun on Sport Soft tires.

Im sorry, should I have been more pert?

I formally request admittance into this racing series, please.

Im sorry, should I have been more pert?

I formally request admittance into this racing series, please.

Not at all. It had to do with you selecting a car and track combo in your sign up request.

Selecting Car & Track or Car for the next race is usually done by first and second place drivers in last Sunday's Division 1 race.

Zer05ive will be along shortly to follow up with your request.

Back