◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,416 comments
Has anyone bother to check their $hell balance recently? Does it appear to be displaying correctly? I can't check it from work.

It works much better since it's been given a new home all by its lonesome. Also, the link that was left in the Results Doc is working as well. 👍

I thought this kind of commentary was not welcome here
You are generally correct in this.

As I'm sure you and others well know, when you pour beer on capacitators, they lose their charge pretty quickly. How quicky the charge is lost is directly related to how much beer is poured on it. That particular capacitator got recharged this morning and some of it's energy released.

It works much better since it's been given a new home all by its lonesome. Also, the link that was left in the Results Doc is working as well. 👍

Thanks Nuno! :cheers:

Am headed home to stand up a sheet and form for folks to vote on the draft setting thing.

New Division 7 driver Brendan7_ voted for combo 2 as his least favorite from last Sunday and won't be available to race next Sunday. Will be racing the Sunday after.

Rednose, i submitted my vote through your form.

Seeing as people are giving their opinions on the effects of slipstream I may as well give my own. I am very firmly of the opinion that the introduction of the Real setting to GT6 was a real hallelujah moment. Prior to that the overblown effects of slipstream, even in it's weakest setting, was one of the biggest flaws in the game. I believe it would be a hugely retrograde move to change away from the Real setting.

Seeing as people are giving their opinions on the effects of slipstream I may as well give my own. I am very firmly of the opinion that the introduction of the Real setting to GT6 was a real hallelujah moment. Prior to that the overblown effects of slipstream, even in it's weakest setting, was one of the biggest flaws in the game. I believe it would be a hugely retrograde move to change away from the Real setting.

If the "real" setting was anywhere close to real then it would be great to use. The fact of the matter is that "weak" is close to real life than "real" and the "real" setting is closer to nonexistent than real life.

Just because something says "real" doesn't make it automatically correct and better than anything else.

Here is a blatant advertisement for the new Monday Snail Series.

We are running our last full scale test tonight. We will have two 20 to 30 minute races for the Miata and a 30 to 40 minute race for the Miata TC. It would be great if a couple of you could attend...fun will be had.

First race qually and then reverse grid and weak boost and ballast.
Second race reverse grid with ballast no boost.
Last race reverse grid with boost and ballast for the TC.

Ballast is 105 kg graduated down to 25 by division from 1-6. No ballast in 7-8.

9:30 Eastern

Bring the following

The Cars
Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) 89'
and
Mazda Roadster Touring Car

Just change the oil.

Last edited:
If the "real" setting was anywhere close to real then it would be great to use. The fact of the matter is that "weak" is close to real life than "real" and the "real" setting is closer to nonexistent than real life.

Just because something says "real" doesn't make it automatically correct and better than anything else.

I'm not concerned about what it is called, and I believe it is totally inaccurate to say that "weak" is close to real life. The reason PD introduced the reduced slipstream setting was to bring it closer to real life. I can't understand how you could say it's effect is close to nonexistant. The effects were clearly evident at the High Speed Ring and Spa in recent times and, despite what was said earlier, I made passes on the main straight at Indy after picking up a tow.

Anyway, that's just my opinion. I will accept the results of whatever democratic process is put in place to resolve this issue which seems to have come completely out of the blue.

Last edited:
Here is a blatant advertisement for the new Monday Snail Series.

We are running our last full scale test tonight. We will have two 20 to 30 minute races for the Miata and a 30 to 40 minute race for the Miata TC. It would be great if a couple of you could attend...fun will be had.

First race qually and then reverse grid and weak boost and ballast.
Second race reverse grid with ballast no boost.
Last race reverse grid with boost and ballast for the TC.

Ballast is 105 kg graduated down to 25 by division from 1-6. No ballast in 7-8.

What's the start time?

I'm not concerned about what it is called, and I believe it is totally inaccurate to say that "weak" is close to real life. The reason PD introduced the reduced slipstream setting was to bring it closer to real life. I can't understand how you could say it's effect is close to nonexistant. The effects were clearly evident at the High Speed Ring and Spa in recent times and, despite what was said earlier, I made passes on the main straight at Indy after picking up a tow.

Anyway, that's just my opinion. I will accept the results of whatever democratic process is put in place to resolve this issue which seems to have come completely out of the blue.

I can't really say anything about weak as I've never used it, but I also agree that "real" doesn't seem too far off. It's not like we have a DRS or anything like that. Also realize that when multiple cars are in line the back car doesn't just zip around everyone... I'd be interested to see it tested but not sure about the idea of just voting and changing quickly.

I'm starting a spec/tuned miata series using the 14 mx-5's that come with decals.

Considering how 7 of them are 369pp, 2 are 367pp and the rest are 362pp and under after oil change, I figured it would be best to have a night for tuned as well as a night for stock simply to prevent those from participating being limited to using the 7 fastest.

GTP OLR applies as always, room will be set up properly for close, realistic racing and finally there will be no ballast or boost implemented to "even out" the playing field.

All divisions are welcome of course, and maybe the stock night could be used or thought of as a sort of "benchmark" for the lower divisions to see where they stack up against the higher divisions each week by being on the same course.

The nights will consist of 6 10 minute races using a points system to decide the overall winner. Those who finish within the top 3 points-wise at the end of each night (stock or tuned) get to choose a course to race on the following week for their respective night (stock or tuned)

A larger, more detailed thread is coming within the next three days and will be posted in "GT6 Clubs and Leagues" on the main page but as of right this is simply an interest check. Shoot me a message if interested!

This idea also has promise for some really cool pictures too, for those more detail-oriented people such as myself. :)

Actually, it was my impression PD introduced the Real setting, with considerably reduced drag effect, to assuage the folks that didn't like being draft passed on straights. While it may seem out of the blue to some, it really isn't. This reduced drag effect was brought to my attention as soon as it was offered as an option and implemented by SNAIL last winter. I thought it was a mistake then, and time racing with it has done nothing but reenforce that thought. The prevailing attitude then, was much as you say now, and I wasn't going to fight that battle. I do not agree however, that gaining 2-3MPH while dead in the draft is anywhere close to realistic. Since we've had over 30 weeks to use that setting under several types of tracks and cars, I think it's time to revisit the issue and see how it turns out. We'll see how the voting goes and how zer05ive reacts, since ultimately, it will be his call.

Back