◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,797 comments
My drift ability is limited to the rally ones....everything else is just a waste of tyres as far as I'm concerned :P

I'm going to get more practice in with the NSX so I'll be in my lounge :)

...I've yet to figure out the best way to pit those dastardly nimble and stable little cars.

The key to pitting is to use momentum and not brute force. I like to turn into the cats so they push me. I know thats not always possible though. The key is to keep them anywhere then in your blind spot. If you have to check up to let them pass you, take that chance. They'll wait, they're there for you anyway. :lol: Ramming is basically a one and done maneuver. It seldom works and often does a lot more damage than good. Its much easier to steer cars, no matter the size, from side to side. On the flip side, you cant ride or be ridden to long. I took out several GT-Rs in the copen on just by letting them steer me near the grass at which point I checked up and they spun in front of me.

I'll be editting my post for fridays low boost events. You can click the link in the op to reach the schedule and scroll down to Friday for details. (I'll have them before midnight, not presently)

Last edited:
TNT is officially open!

I know it's early for some of y'all but I'll be in here drifting/farting around till some snails join up.

1472-6118-3744-3755-0893

Sorry for bailing on you, dvdoughboy, had to take that phonecall though. then my internet decided to die on me so I hope that's sorted out now, lol

TNT is officially open!

I know it's early for some of y'all but I'll be in here drifting/farting around till some snails join up.

1472-6118-3744-3755-0893

I'm working on the Cat & Mouse video so I can't make it tonight. Not that it matters because I see that the lounge is almost full!

Heads up, guys! There are only two spots open in the TNT room, so get in fast if you want to race with snails tonight. Everyone in there right now is a member of the league so they won't get kicked out if you can't join because the room is full:

1472-6118-3744-3755-0893

The key to pitting is to use momentum and not brute force. I like to turn into the cats so they push me. I know thats not always possible though. The key is to keep them anywhere then in your blind spot. If you have to check up to let them pass you, take that chance. They'll wait, they're there for you anyway. :lol: Ramming is basically a one and done maneuver. It seldom works and often does a lot more damage than good. Its much easier to steer cars, no matter the size, from side to side. On the flip side, you cant ride or be ridden to long. I took out several GT-Rs in the copen on just by letting them steer me near the grass at which point I checked up and they spun in front of me.

I'll be editting my post for fridays low boost events. You can click the link in the op to reach the schedule and scroll down to Friday for details. (I'll have them before midnight, not presently)

I meant pitting the Copen with the Gtr... thanks, anyway

The issue with trying to pit the copen, at least for me, is the size of the damn thing! Everytime I try to get into the back wheel well, I just end up pushing the car off the track or into a wall, without spinning it one way or the other. I try to just get about half a car ahead and push them into the wall, I just stuck in front, we come to a rather quick halt, then the copen has to reverse out.

If anyone captured the video of when diabolic got me seriously airbourne during practice, please put that up somewhere since that looked amazing :lol:

The issue with trying to pit the copen, at least for me, is the size of the damn thing! Everytime I try to get into the back wheel well, I just end up pushing the car off the track or into a wall, without spinning it one way or the other. I try to just get about half a car ahead and push them into the wall, I just stuck in front, we come to a rather quick halt, then the copen has to reverse out.

Also, because of their speed (or lack of) they are very sure-footed, making them especially difficult to spin or take out.

Had some great practice racing with doughboy, diabolicwyvern, and M1SS D3V1OUS tonight! Toyko was a blast!

Question, someone had said something about lap times being a 1'57 stock, and 1'56 broke in, just wondering how you had gotten these lap times? Are these what the "Aliens" are running? Just wondering :)

Had some great practice racing with doughboy, diabolicwyvern, and M1SS D3V1OUS tonight! Toyko was a blast!

Question, someone had said something about lap times being a 1'57 stock, and 1'56 broke in, just wondering how you had gotten these lap times? Are these what the "Aliens" are running? Just wondering :)

Umm.. if you're even sniffing 1'56 on the Round 1 combo, you shouldn't be asking about "Aliens".. you are the Aliens! :lol:

Nice to meet both of ya. You guys are stout. Watch out bowler.

Wow, sounds like Division2 this Sunday night will just be a formality for some.. ;)

Hey Guys!
I had some great practice racing with doughboy, diabolicwyvern, irmopar, Bolwer, and anyone I may have missed - it was awesome running with people who consistently run as clean as possible! 👍

I'm not a fan for the Cat & Mouse thing, but it was okay, I guess.

Question, what is a good time for the 3 tracks we are running for Sunday for Div.1 & Div. 2? I'm just curious.

You should go ahead and move devious and mopar to d1, or else d2 this Sunday is going to be spread apart lol. But yea, fun racing with the snails last night.

Man, if y'all are that deep sub 2:00...wow, I'm gonna be seeing nothing but tail lights. Although, race time is certainly different than running laps...unless of course in pole or 2nd and escape traffiic. Good stuff! I look forward to tonight and seeing how much more work I have to put in.

Do any of you other snails still get dropped off the network every so often? It happened to me twice last night. It's either an absolute bounce out, or freeze and need to hit the on off button. Just curious. It's just they did that maintenance and I was hoping that would stop. My only reference is that bf3 can be played for hours on end without trouble. To me, both games seem equal on physics intensity, maybe bf3 taking the lead there actually and I'm almost certain bf3 is way more crowded. I know nothing about that stuff, but it seems if one company has got it down, shouldn't they all? Perhaps it's that bf3 has tons more cash flow, therefore better server action? Just curious.

Last edited:
I've actually gotten disconnected from the PSN more this week than I had in quite a while. I upgraded my internet connection back in January and don't think I dropped connection at all until two or three times now since the maintenance. Thankfully it hasn't happened during GT5, but only while watching Netflix. Also thankfully, the Netflix connection isn't effected by that.

Sony's good about breaking two things to fix one.

Come to think of it, so is PD...

I got dropped for the first time yesterday.

Anyway, tonight's session will go as follows. First hour as usual will be spent practicing Sundays combo. Second hour will be shuffle with the winner choosing the track.

Ive not had an issue yet. I just get kicked cause I'm inactive in the lobby. They need a fist shake emoticon.

Hey Guys!
I had some great practice racing with doughboy, diabolicwyvern, irmopar, Bolwer, and anyone I may have missed - it was awesome running with people who consistently run as clean as possible! 👍

I'm not a fan for the Cat & Mouse thing, but it was okay, I guess.

Question, what is a good time for the 3 tracks we are running for Sunday for Div.1 & Div. 2? I'm just curious.

I don't pay attention to exact times but I have an idea of what I've been running.

Tokyo: 1:58 and change. I ran these out front in a practice session last week and walked away from the field. Nobody in that room was running 57's.

HSR: I can run low 1:11's and the occasional high 1:10 but it's risky with the left before the bridge and the last turn. In race I've been running high 1:11's to low 1:12's and it's good enough.

Daytona Road: Low 1:51's in clean air. Once in a while I will duck into the 1:50's.

You should go ahead and move devious and mopar to d1, or else d2 this Sunday is going to be spread apart lol. But yea, fun racing with the snails last night.

LOL I'll take that as a compliment, thank you. I cannot speak for Mopar, but I'm pretty sure I (we) would agree with me when I say, I'm happy to run Div. 2 or Div. 1 - it doesn't matter. I understand that I (we) need to prove to others I (we) belong in Div. 1. Whatever the powers that be decide is fine. I (we) don't want any special consideration. However, it might be best to run the "newcomers" through a "test car & track combo" to see which Division they start in. From there the newcomers have close racing right from the start and would either step up down to their appropriate division based on finishing positions.

I suggest this because if you have 3 or more divisions, and force everyone to always start in the slowest division work their way up to Div. 1 is fine, but you may get some members that will get bored quickly because they haven't had a close competitive race for weeks.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
LOL I'll take that as a compliment, thank you. I cannot speak for Mopar, but I'm pretty sure I he would agree with me when I say, I'm happy to run Div. 2 or Div. 1 - it doesn't matter. I understand that I (we) need to prove to others I (we) belong in Div. 1. Whatever the powers that be decide is fine. I (we) don't want any special consideration. However, it might be best to run the "newcomers" through a "test car & track combo" to see which Division they start in. From there the newcomers have close racing right from the start and would either step up down to their appropriate division based on finishing positions.

I suggest this because if you have 3 or more divisions, and force everyone to always start in the slowest division work their way up to Div. 1 is fine, but you may get some members that will get bored quickly because they haven't had a close competitive race for weeks.

Just a thought.

You bring up some excellent points. We're a relatively new league so we're all going to have to learn as we go and collectively determine what's the best policy for the long term success of the league. As the section on Promotion and Relegation in the original post indicates, I am a fan of the idea of having to "earn" your position in Division1. Not in practice races where skill level can only be noticed or assumed, but in official league races where your skill/performance is quantified by a number (your points tally).

Furthermore, if we were to enter drivers directly into Division1 based on practice races, who would we remove from D1 to make room? The drivers who earned the right to get promoted from D2? Or the drivers who successfully fought off relegation to stay in D1? I think an argument could be made that neither option is fair to those drivers.

Also, I think that not guaranteeing D1 status to a driver who clearly belongs there will only benefit the long-term stability of the league. I know that sounds odd, but let me explain.. Let's say hypothetically that we have a driver named TooFast4U in our league. He's always finishing on the podium in Division1 if not winning it all together. But then let's say he starts no-showing to league night and doesn't provide any advanced notice. Let's say he is gone for a month and didn't say a word to any of us. Should we put him back in Division1 when he comes back just because we know he's one of the best? I say no.

The reason is because there are only a limited number of drivers who have invites to the Division1 lounge. Drivers who are relegated from D1 to D2 are "unfriended" from the D1 account. When D1 drivers no-show without advanced notice, it deprives the other D1 drivers from competing against a full grid. Therefore, I think relegating D1 drivers who no-show without advanced notice can be used as a sort of "penalty". And if we eventually grow to three divisions, that same driver should be relegated again down to Division3 if they no-show without notice again. If and when they decide to come back to race with us, they can just in Division3 and then work their way back up. It's my strong belief that if a driver, D1 or otherwise, appreciates and values the effort that goes into providing him or her the best racing experience that we can, the least he or she can do is to let us know when they won't be able to make a league night. Heck, I'd even be okay with notification after a league night is missed. We all know that not everything in life can be predicted and things/emergencies/changes in plans can happen at any time. My main point here is that I don't want this league to be treated like a 'booty call' where members feel like they can come and go as they please and then expect to have their place in D1 waiting for them when they decide they want to make an appearance.

Anyways, I know I kinda went off on a tangent there. Back on topic.. I don't anticipate growing to over three divisions. I think three is the 'sweet spot' in terms of adequately separating skill levels to ensure competitive racing while still being a somewhat manageable number of divisions/drivers. Therefore, I'm not too concerned about fast drivers having to potentially work their way up from D3 to D1. It would only take two Sunday nights to get into the top division and I don't think that's asking a lot. Sorry for the long post, but I'd love to know everyone's thoughts on this.

Therefore, I'm not too concerned about fast drivers having to potentially work their way up from D3 to D1. It would only take two Sunday nights to get into the top division and I don't think that's asking a lot. Sorry for the long post, but I'd love to know everyone's thoughts on this.

I'm with Zer0 on this. I don't think it'll be a barrier to fast drivers. It's more of a badge, if you will. At least that's how it's viewed by me. I'd like to keep that aura.

One way to do this, if the league wants it, would be to have a qualifying session before the race on Sunday to tier everyone. Personally, I think that'll just add another level of data tracking that's not necessary.

The rules are stated up front and if we end up with a whiner that says, 'but I'm too fast for Div 2 or 3', do we really want them racing with us???

I completely agree with how you've been handling the league zero as far as earning divisional spots and keeping them. My comment about devious and mopar was me being a goof. They're plenty fast, I'm sure they'll be in d1 after Sunday.

Who's up for some cat and mouse before tonight's practice?

I agree with everything that zer0 said, for what it's worth.

I might actually be able to make the races this Sunday if I set to work picking up the cars and practicing a bit. It probably won't be a very impressive showing but the practice will surely do wonders.

I got to watch Devious race last night and it was quite the showing. (Well, by watch I mean see her arrow on the minimap leave me by about 5 seconds per lap.)

I updated my post for friday. by checking the weekly lineup you'll be able to fine out what the events will be. should be exciting.

Looks good, sadly, I've been told I have other plans for Friday night 🤬

Woah, tuning allowed, did you clear that mit der fuhrer :lol:

Latest Posts

Back