◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,413 comments
I wish I knew the reference you speak of. That is just the closest representation this game has of my DD on a track that fits it like a glove.
It's was one of the best cars in GT1. I used it all the way until GT4, was a blast racing it against skylines.

It's was one of the best cars in GT1. I used it all the way until GT4, was a blast racing it against skylines.
Ah, yes, I'll hop in the way back machine with ya. I've always bought it as soon as I could and use it in every race it let me, from GT1 through GT6. Could have something to do with why I own two of them in the real world.:drool:
For some reason my mind thought you were talking about GT1 spec race cars.:dunce:

Regarding my video.

It's nice to see that Snaliens make the same mistakes as the rest of us sometimes. :lol:
Yeah, that's kind of why I posted it. You guys may see the D1 drivers on practice nights driving around at cruising speed but when everyone races at the limit we all dump it in the sand eventually.
We all make mistakes in D1 but from what I could tell the reason you got tapped and bumped a lot
@chuyler1 cause there's spots on track where everyone is full throttle and you will brake or
Let off gas slightly and then d1 is able to close the gap so easily as time goes on you will start to
Mesh with the whole group, and combo one and two weren't so great lol
I'm off the throttle because I just can't get the car to turn or my brake finesse is too crude to get the car to slow down at the same rate so I brake earlier. I think I've raced with you guys enough that you can pretty much anticipate I'm going to brake a little earlier. Anyway, if you have some tips on Turns 5 and 10 at Tokyo and Turns 7 through 10 at Grand Valley I'd appreciate it. I was consistently slow through these sections and couldn't figure out a faster line without running off the track or hitting a wall...so when around others I'd just play it safe and maintain a pace I knew I could hold the line with.
Wow! Talk about throwing elbows. I did not know we are allowed to be that aggressive. Sweet!
A little rubbing is racing, especially at slow speeds on narrow tracks. Pushing and leaning is a different story. I posted all my interactions with other drivers Sunday to show the following...

1) Everyone makes mistakes...well, almost everyone.
2) Everyone makes contact. I was taken out...but I also took someone else out. I shouldn't bitch.
3) A little contact at slow speed can add to the excitement, as long as no one is leaning on each other.
4) The D1 drivers are mad fast and even when I hit apexes I can still get passed like I'm standing still!
5) Going 2 wide through several corners is in fact possible, and can be very exciting into one of the drivers gives in.
6) Sometimes it is better to lift off and get in line than to force a losing battle.

I think if I have time I may start to do race recaps of D1 and just focus on the front runners. I wish the FF/RWD on the replay worked better. I hate missing a pass and having to backup half a lap to catch it.

Regarding my video.

Yeah, that's kind of why I posted it. You guys may see the D1 drivers on practice nights driving around at cruising speed but when everyone races at the limit we all dump it in the sand eventually.

I'm off the throttle because I just can't get the car to turn or my brake finesse is too crude to get the car to slow down at the same rate so I brake earlier. I think I've raced with you guys enough that you can pretty much anticipate I'm going to brake a little earlier. Anyway, if you have some tips on Turns 5 and 10 at Tokyo and Turns 7 through 10 at Grand Valley I'd appreciate it. I was consistently slow through these sections and couldn't figure out a faster line without running off the track or hitting a wall...so when around others I'd just play it safe and maintain a pace I knew I could hold the line with.

A little rubbing is racing, especially at slow speeds on narrow tracks. Pushing and leaning is a different story. I posted all my interactions with other drivers Sunday to show the following...

When ever you have some free time pm me and we can hope on track and do some laps
It helps to run few laps just chasing one fast driver at a time then switch spots so you can get
An idea of what there doing it's helped me in the past I'm sure it will work for you!
Just don't give up when everyone meshes together it will be way more enjoyable no one likes
Racing in the back of the pack that's why we are all balls out to get up front and put a gap[/quote]

I think if I have time I may start to do race recaps of D1 and just focus on the front runners. I wish the FF/RWD on the replay worked better. I hate missing a pass and having to backup half a lap to catch it.

I posted previously about an idea of creating recaps for brilliant moments in racing each week across the divisions (as nominated by drivers, like the opposite of an incident report.) However, I don't have a capture device to perform such things... would you be interested in assisting if something like that was actually developed?

Racing last sunday in D1 was rather hard for me at times as me and soxs couldnt see each other. Specifically when trying to race the car in front of me when soxs was in front of them lol

Who's in the white car that learned how to bunny hop at 8:42? How did that happen?:confused:

LOL, that caught me off guard as well. I think it was Redsox, his connection was whacky all night...and given his name I assume he isn't that far away from me.

Yeah I've been making some big gains on my legs lately. Found a little space so I figured I try out my vertical. And in case you're wondering, yeah I can dunk.

I posted previously about an idea of creating recaps for brilliant moments in racing each week across the divisions (as nominated by drivers, like the opposite of an incident report.) However, I don't have a capture device to perform such things... would you be interested in assisting if something like that was actually developed?
This is a really good idea, I just put my phone on a tripod to record...quality isn't great but you still get the action. If others did the same and maybe submitted videos, we could compile them into a highlights reel at the end of the month or something.

Racing last sunday in D1 was rather hard for me at times as me and soxs couldnt see each other. Specifically when trying to race the car in front of me when soxs was in front of them lol

Just out of curiosity. Did either or both of you try and exit the room, clear your cache, and re-enter the room?

This is a really good idea, I just put my phone on a tripod to record...quality isn't great but you still get the action. If others did the same and maybe submitted videos, we could compile them into a highlights reel at the end of the month or something.

I actually had this idea a while ago. I even talked to zer0 and kcheeb about it, was gonna keep it a secret until the first video was ready but then I started missing nights so I didn't feel worthy. :lol: I'm still willing to do it if people are interested. :)

Just out of curiosity. Did either or both of you try and exit the room, clear your cache, and re-enter the room?
yes we tried everything in the book besides switching the host. Soxs said it happens to him quite often i believe.
At one point there were 3 or 4 guys he couldnt see.

Last edited:
yes we tried everything in the book besides switching the host. Soxs said it happens to him quite often i believe.
At one point there were 3 or 4 guys he couldnt see.

If he's got that many guys he can't see and he says it happens often, he needs to talk to his ISP and get something fixed.

FmeorCJ.png

Race Date:04 May 2014

This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

IR Submission Form is now closed.

We have 15 incidents on file. Deadline for reviews is NLT 10PM Eastern on Friday, May 9th , 2014.
Banners by dabneyd

We need someone from D1 to step up and push their replays to either this folder or this one.

Last edited:
On the subject of amazing races, I just looked at my replay for the 2nd round of grand valley. I went from 10th to 7th by the first corner, I felt like Fernando Alonso for a split second. I was 5th by the end of the 1st lap, finished second at the end of the race. Probably my best performance in snail ever.

Back