◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,697 comments
Thanks Dragon, that's a perfect segway for something I wanted to discuss with everyone. I know that we had previously set the first Sunday in 2014 as our first official league night featuring GT6, but I'm having second thoughts about that. Considering that we've lost two divisions in as many months, it's pretty clear to me that guys aren't exactly clinging on to GT5. What does everyone thing about putting our transition to GT6 on the fast track?

I was thinking that we could make December 1st our last league night on GT5 and then use December 8th (two days after the GT6 launch) as a test night to work out how we'll use the new game options and setting during league night. We could then use the next three Sundays (December 15th, 22, and 29th) as the second, third, and fourth weeks of our the December season.

Plus, as joby mentioned above, all the cars in GT5 can be purchased from the Dealership in GT6. This would make it extremely easy for everyone to buy the whatever cars that are on the lineup when we end our GT5 run. Of course, the downside of moving to GT6 so quickly would be potential issues with guys who didn't plan on getting GT6 until Christmas. However, it seems to me that everyone can't wait to get their hands on the new game. Thoughts?

I think it may be time for a poll. We should set up another Google form and find out just how many of our active drivers will have GT6 on (or near) launch. I think with that, we should have a decent idea of who will be where by the end of the month. I support the sooner approach. Once GT6 drops, it will be very hard to load GT5...

I think it may be time for a poll. We should set up another Google form and find out just how many of our active drivers will have GT6 on (or near) launch. I think with that, we should have a decent idea of who will be where by the end of the month. I support the sooner approach. Once GT6 drops, it will be very hard to load GT5...

I can definitely see a poll in the future, but for now I'd like to just hear everyone's general opinion on the matter. But yeah, your point about loading GT5 is one of the main scenarios that makes me question our current plans. Who is going to be excited to eject their brand new copy of GT6 so that they can replace it with their three year old copy of GT5? I think most would have a hard time justifying that (or it would at least feel very illogical)..

I can definitely see a poll in the future, but for now I'd like to just hear everyone's general opinion on the matter. But yeah, your point about loading GT5 is one of the main scenarios that makes me question our current plans. Who is going to be excited to eject their brand new copy of GT6 so that they can replace it with their three year old copy of GT5? I think most would have a hard time justifying that (or it would at least feel very illogical)..

Now that I really think about it, it is more than just a case of logic. I think the real point it to make sure we don't alienate those who aren't in the position to own a copy of GT6 as soon as they would like. If it wasn't for my wonderful wife pre-ordering for me, it could have been a real issue for us to come up with the extra cabbage that time of the year. I will have my copy on the 6th, but am more than willing to stay on the GT5 groove while everyone gets caught up...

I would say we need to keep an eye on the cost of cars and how easy/difficult it is to earn credits in GT6. We may have to go back to a lower limit for a little while if it's a pain in the hind parts to make money in game.

I would say we need to keep an eye on the cost of cars and how easy/difficult it is to earn credits in GT6. We may have to go back to a lower limit for a little while if it's a pain in the hind parts to make money in game.

I think bowler hit the nail on the head

Just promoted to D2 and my internet connection failed just a few before beginning the first race :(
It's a shame because I practiced a lot with the Camaro.
Anyway, see you on track next weekend :)

Thanks Dragon, that's a perfect segway for something I wanted to discuss with everyone. I know that we had previously set the first Sunday in 2014 as our first official league night featuring GT6, but I'm having second thoughts about that. Considering that we've lost two divisions in as many months, it's pretty clear to me that guys aren't exactly clinging on to GT5. What does everyone thing about putting our transition to GT6 on the fast track?

I was thinking that we could make December 1st our last league night on GT5 and then use December 8th (two days after the GT6 launch) as a test night to work out how we'll use the new game options and setting during league night. We could then use the next three Sundays (December 15th, 22, and 29th) as the second, third, and fourth weeks of our the December season.

Plus, as joby mentioned above, all the cars in GT5 can be purchased from the Dealership in GT6. This would make it extremely easy for everyone to buy the whatever cars that are on the lineup when we end our GT5 run. Of course, the downside of moving to GT6 so quickly would be potential issues with guys who didn't plan on getting GT6 until Christmas. However, it seems to me that everyone can't wait to get their hands on the new game. Thoughts?
Also keep in mind if the final gt5 lineup is in the $mil of credits it will be hard for people to earn that money. I would almost suggest that you set a price cap and let the 3 divisional winners of the final GT5 night choose a car. Yes that would mean 3 new cars to practice but it would give a good incentive to show up that last night. Without actually seeing how much cars will cost I would guess that a limit of 50k-100k would give a huge choice of cars that have never been used and would be great cars to drive:)

One final thing is breaking in the cars will also not be as easy as throwing a car in a b spec race. We will need to figure out e quickest way to break in cars.

Yes on earlier transition to GT6-and it is a chance not only to play the new stuff faster, but to 'grow the SNAIL brand' as well.

Hit the Open Lobbies (I guess?), I may make a GTP slot to replace HandlebarMustash, etc.

The cautionary ideas with lower cost cars to start is Very Good. In D5/D4, the ultra high end cost cars have been an impediment to full participation and to retention of members.

YMMV

:sly:

Speaking for myself here. Once GT6 is in my hands, it is unlikely that I will race in 5 ever again. The only time 5 will go back in my PS is if/when I will need it to fulfill my duties as a Steward.

Similar to what a few others have stated, I will be taking the 6th off and exploring GT6, from the time I get it home, until sometime the following Monday morning.

I echo DW. GT5 has already started to lose it's appeal to me. Everyday gt6 gets a little closer is another day gt5 slips away. I'll be joining in on the sick on launch day festivities as well, and won't be looking back one bit. Honestly, I wish we could have the game now. I have so many things I want to do, but theres no point anymore with gt5.

Now that I really think about it, it is more than just a case of logic. I think the real point it to make sure we don't alienate those who aren't in the position to own a copy of GT6 as soon as they would like. If it wasn't for my wonderful wife pre-ordering for me, it could have been a real issue for us to come up with the extra cabbage that time of the year. I will have my copy on the 6th, but am more than willing to stay on the GT5 groove while everyone gets caught up...

Yes, that's something that we need to keep in mind. I would definitely like to hear from anyone (publicly or privately) who can't or won't be getting a copy until Christmas.

Also keep in mind if the final gt5 lineup is in the $mil of credits it will be hard for people to earn that money. I would almost suggest that you set a price cap and let the 3 divisional winners of the final GT5 night choose a car. Yes that would mean 3 new cars to practice but it would give a good incentive to show up that last night. Without actually seeing how much cars will cost I would guess that a limit of 50k-100k would give a huge choice of cars that have never been used and would be great cars to drive:)

I would actually be in favor of simply lowering the price cap starting as soon as next week. That way, it'll almost be guaranteed that we the lineup will have three relatively inexpensive cars by the time GT6 launches. 👍

One final thing is breaking in the cars will also not be as easy as throwing a car in a b spec race. We will need to figure out e quickest way to break in cars.

Are you saying there won't be any B-spec in GT6? If so, I'd be in favor of throwing out the requirement to break-in cars altogether. Hopefully GT6 will have a better way to limit the HP/PP in a lounge. I know that several members (Nicktune and Grandstand Bill off the top of my head) have expressed the desire to not have to break in cars every week.

Let's keep the ideas coming! This is an important decision, so it's best that we all speak our minds. :)

B-spec will be in the game. Not sure hire all the modes will work together, but from what I've read, there should be am option to either switch toa b-spec driver on the fly, or pit during any race and swap in a bspec driver.
Btw, since I didn't clearly state, I am for the fast track. But, I too would like to use caution (of course). Maybe a mid month switch would be better, or at least wait a week so everyone can get into the game and get comfortable. This would also give everyone time to earn the cheddar to buy the first set of cars as well. I think switching 2 days after the release might be too soon.

Last edited:
B-spec will be in the game. Not sure hire all the modes will work together, but from what I've read, there should be am option to either switch toa b-spec driver on the fly, or pit during any race and swap in a bspec driver.
It sounds like that option will not be there on day one. From the update section

icon_b_spec.png

B Spec
The B spec mode is a mode where you give precision instructions to your driver as a race director. This popular feature from previous versions of GT will be added in a future update. Look forward to the new, more powerful B Spec mode.

Hah. Those turds! They should just say "Here is the game disc and package, the actual game will be available in future updates."

Speaking for myself here. Once GT6 is in my hands, it is unlikely that I will race in 5 ever again. The only time 5 will go back in my PS is if/when I will need it to fulfill my duties as a Steward.

As long as S.N.A.I.L. is running GT5, I'll be racing Sunday nights.

Similar to what a few others have stated, I will be taking the 6th off and exploring GT6, from the time I get it home, until sometime the following Monday morning.

This is my plan to a tee (unless there's a two hour break Sunday night for a nostalgia run) :)

Speaking of new shifter Karts in GT6 :odd:

Here's tonight's lineup for the S.N.A.I.L. Weekly Kart Races.

9:00 P.M. Eastern in the SNAIL_Division2 Lounge.

Hope to see you there!

November 5th, 2013: Junior Kart - Junior Kart Gearing
Race 1 - Autumn Ring Mini Reverse - 21 laps
Race 2 - Top Gear Test Track - 10 laps
Race 3 - Twin Ring Motegi West Course - 19 laps
Race 4 - Twin Ring Motegi Oval - 18 laps

EDIT: crap double post :(

Yes, that's something that we need to keep in mind. I would definitely like to hear from anyone (publicly or privately) who can't or won't be getting a copy until Christmas.

I would actually be in favor of simply lowering the price cap starting as soon as next week. That way, it'll almost be guaranteed that we the lineup will have three relatively inexpensive cars by the time GT6 launches. 👍

Are you saying there won't be any B-spec in GT6? If so, I'd be in favor of throwing out the requirement to break-in cars altogether. Hopefully GT6 will have a better way to limit the HP/PP in a lounge. I know that several members (Nicktune and Grandstand Bill off the top of my head) have expressed the desire to not have to break in cars every week.

Let's keep the ideas coming! This is an important decision, so it's best that we all speak our minds. :)

i really havent been running broke in cars at all. Only the ones that are used repetitvely are broken in. I cant blame 6-10pp for being slow or anything else.

There's a logistical problem with the League moving to GT6 as well. Does anyone know how replay transfer will work yet? I certainly hope they simplify replay generation some.

Backing up and punting here. If the league has Sunday events on GT5, I will participate there as well.

I expect there will be quite a few holes blown in current methods for grinding for cash and cars. Hopefully they will retain the consecutive log in bonuses. Thankfully, for SNAIL purposes, we won't need to be spending game currency for performance mods. Just wheels and paint.

Never mind - Dumb question :dunce:

Last edited:
Question about receiving Pre-Ordered GT-6: How do we get it on 12/6 - pick up at Game Stop, Download or in the mail?
Elementary question, Sorry - have never been in on a Product Roll-out before.

That depends on how you placed your pre-order. If you order online, there is an option to either have it shipped to you or to pickup in your store of choice. If you walk into the store and order, you will pick up at the store on release day. I am going to assume that due to the size of the game, there will be no option to download from the playstation store.

That depends on how you placed your pre-order. If you order online, there is an option to either have it shipped to you or to pickup in your store of choice. If you walk into the store and order, you will pick up at the store on release day. I am going to assume that due to the size of the game, there will be no option to download from the playstation store.
Thanks - I just called one of the stores in the area. Said I could get it either in the mail (receive 12/7-8) or pick it up at the store and bring in the one I receive in the mail "unopened".
Should have called them first - instead of taking up Thread Space. Appreciate your reply.

Am I the only one that usually breaks their cars in by doing 10 laps of Route X? I have done B-spec to break in once, but that usually takes several hours... Route X can have your car broken in fully in under an hour. It is a little boring though. I like to check out the scenery while cruising at 200mph.

Am I the only one that usually breaks their cars in by doing 10 laps of Route X? I have done B-spec to break in once, but that usually takes several hours... Route X can have your car broken in fully in under an hour. It is a little boring though. I like to check out the scenery while cruising at 200mph.

Not sure if you're the only one. I use b spec because I can do other things during the time the car is being broken in, plus I get a few sheckels.

So if they leave the break-in process alone, and you don't require racers to break-in their cars, will you just limit the PP to the original purchased PP in the race setup (which can't be accomplished currently when the room is set to tuning prohibited because some players will have to detune to reach the PP) or just do away with concept that all players must run their cars at the same PP (a staple idea behind SPEC racing)?

So if they leave the break-in process alone, and you don't require racers to break-in their cars, will you just limit the PP to the original purchased PP in the race setup (which can't be accomplished currently when the room is set to tuning prohibited because some players will have to detune to reach the PP) or just do away with concept that all players must run their cars at the same PP (a staple idea behind SPEC racing)?

That could be done right now in GT5. You can enter a tuning prohibited race while using the power limiter. We don't know how GT6 will be set up so it's impossible at this time to say how it would be implemented. We can guess as to weather or not break in will be an issue and we can guess about what settings we will have for a race lobby and we can guess about what tuning will be allowed when tuning prohibited is selected. Hopefully, PD takes all the tuning away if there is a setting for tuning prohibited. This would include power limiting, brake balance, and changes to the torque split that are currently allowed while tuning is prohibited. What would be even better would be to allow the host of the room to set very specific regulations for every tuning part on the car and if you're not exactly where the specs say you should be, you're not allowed to enter.

Towards the end of the new trailer there is a NASCAR race at Daytona at night. That and the inclusion of the El Camino and Nova make me smile! :)

I'm all for the fast track to GT6. I will be taking off the day of the release but those who don't have the same time to devote to the game initially may be at a disadvantage when it comes to credits and buying cars for Sunday nights.

Back