◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,792 comments
Who was racing as J. Ross in D1 tonight?

Well that sucks for the first night, everyone :( (I logged on about an hour ago to do a bit more with the licenses...just started IB)

Reckon the stewards need to do anything this week or do we get another free pass with the connection shenanigans?

Things that are not related to lag still should be addressed.

Thanks, as always, kcheeb. I hope you don't take my griping as a criticism of your SNAIL-herding. I don't think anyone expected as many people as we had this week, and normally it would have been nice to have full grids.

That was my fault. Should have had a better sense of the grid sizes tonight. :ouch:

D2 is scraping the night. People are a little frustrated. Hitting 12am for some. plus a lot of lagging.

Thanks to all in D2 for trying to make something out of a cluster of a night. From a score keepers perspective the different names is a real pain. The only way I was able to keep up was because we were having so many issues throughout the night. :banghead: Here's hoping that next week goes smoother. 👍

:cheers:

Thanks to all in D2 for trying to make something out of a cluster of a night. From a score keepers perspective the different names is a real pain. The only way I was able to keep up was because we were having so many issues throughout the night. :banghead: Here's hoping that next week goes smoother. 👍

:cheers:

We're going to have to sort that out. Maybe get everyone's GT6 names for scorekeeping. Need to make that Easter for sure.

Argh, I also got messed up by the different names, so D1 races 1 and 2 are wrong on the spreadsheet. That said, I cannot get my PS3 to load the replays for either race, so I can't update them. I'll try again tomorrow.

Sorry You guys all had such a hard time tonight. We will get through this and the racing will be worth it. I have been having a great time practicing over the last week with many of you and can not wait for PD to get this all sorted, for the divisions to be firmed up and the great SNAIL racing to continue for the next two years.

Been practicing with some guys from the league had fun learned that I only thought I was good till you turn off traction control and skid recovery I want in plz let me know what I need to do already bought cars
@CCraft,
Thanks for your interest!

We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information.

3. @kcheeb PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4 or 5' based off your placement from kcheeb. That lobby will be where you race Sunday

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

I've been looking for a racing league, and I'm interested in joining S.N.A.I.L.
PSN ID: MiuraSV777; Time Zone: EST

Also, GT6 servers look like trouble :lol:
@MiuraSV777,
Thanks for your interest!

We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information.

3. @kcheeb PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4 or 5' based off your placement from kcheeb. That lobby will be where you race Sunday

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Division 3 Director's Report
Wow, what a mine field! At times it seemed as if there were more mines than field. Over time, things will settle down and get back to normal. I have to say I had an amazing night. I really had a good time! We knew it was going to be a bumpy ride and I can't even begin to thank the D3/D4 gang! What an awesome group of drivers. We started out as D3 but before we knew it D4 was re-instated and the group had to split. It went quickly and everyone left the burning building in an orderly fashion. Once the divisions settled down, there were still issues with lag, servers, blown transmissions, and other chicanery (quite a bit on my part by not having my manure in one sock). The D3 group raced hard and laughed even harder. Spirits were high and everyone had a good time in spite of the Claymores. Tonight showed absolute SNAIL spirit in patients, good humor and great racing.

Things will improve over time. We didn't start out perfect. I am sure the "O.G." SNAILs that raced this evening 2 years ago will look back and remember the gaffs and tribulations that they had to over come in the beginning. This is a great League with exceptional leadership and members. Give it a month or so and we will be back to our old tricks again!

:cheers: S.N.A.I.L.:cheers:

Argh, I also got messed up by the different names, so D1 races 1 and 2 are wrong on the spreadsheet. That said, I cannot get my PS3 to load the replays for either race, so I can't update them. I'll try again tomorrow.
Okay, thanks for mentioning that. I would have posted the wrong results otherwise. Please post whenever you have it sorted and then I'll make the results post afterwards.

Well once we split d3 things for the most part went very smooth. Exo did a fantastic job hosting and there were some very close races. I will be very disappointed if tonights races get scrapped but I do understand if they do.Love this league and I know we will get these pproblems sorted. 👍
I agree 100%... Exo did a great job hosting and I hope that we can keep tonight's results in for the month.

By the way after we quit for the night, I had to snap this photo right away headed into the straightaway at Suzuka to start the final lap of the last race:

11397568195_ee1468e3f8_z.jpg

A quick reminder that the final episode of GT Academy airs tonight on Spike TV! Please join the conversation with us on Twitter. It will be an hour long EPIC and there will be a lot to talk about! So don't miss out and show support for your fellow SNAILs!

Well once we split d3 things for the most part went very smooth. Exo did a fantastic job hosting and there were some very close races. I will be very disappointed if tonights races get scrapped but I do understand if they do.Love this league and I know we will get these pproblems sorted. 👍
I agree 100%... Exo did a great job hosting and I hope that we can keep tonight's results in for the month.

Thanks man...! The first "D3" race was thrown out but after the split with D3/D4, we did a complete re-start and I don't see any reason why the night shouldn't count for the series. You guys rocked it tonight and the points should stand!

Some things to think about after racing was either completed or abandoned on 15 DEC 2013

Open lobbies may not be the best way to go.

One of the reasons we may be using open lobbies is, so other people can see the snailracing.org address. The intent for that is for them to go there and be linked to our GTPLanet thread. If they like what they see there, they can request to join the league. The problem with this is, instead of going to the addess in the lobby comment, they're joining the room. Any other night of the week this would not likely be much of a problem. On Sunday nights however, we are under a fairly tight schedule and don't have time to explain the situation to every random wanting to check us out. If we boot them without explanation, we just come off as lobby Nazis and that won't help advertising the SNAIL way either.

While I understand that using the snailracing.org in the room comment is easy advertising and the suggestion was made for folks that didn't have their PSN or GTP IDs in their driver names to announce they are snail racers. Neither method of identification is adequate to keep things running smoothly. In the case of the latter, if someone does catch that particular bit about announcing they are a snail racer and hasn't been vetted by the customary join league procedure, they can get in the room and pose as a snail racer. If it's not caught, they will essentially steal points from genuine SNAILs.

Until Polyphony Digital and Sony provide us with better tools to manage our Sunday race rooms I propose the following;

• Continue with the December season as a month long Test Season and resume the full on for points and prizes in January. Consider this month's points a season of dress rehearsals. There are only 2 left anyway.
  • Designate a primary and secondary host/director for every division.
  • Until such time that PD and Sony provide more robust tools for our type of racing, all Sunday lobbies will be run as Friends Only. Room to be set Friends Only, no earlier than 9:15 Eastern and reverted to Open Lobby at the discretion of members remaining in room after racing has ended.
  • All division members are to send both hosts a friend request. This should amount to, on average, about 20+-5 drivers from any given division.
  • Unless otherwise announced, that one or the other will not be there, all division members will wait until both primary and secondary hosts are in the room before joining. This is so, if the primary host gets DCed, the secondary can pick up the ball and run with it, without having to rebuild the room immediately. If the secondary host gets DCed, at that point a room rebuild is indicated and should start with the primary host and secondary as the first two in.
  • All SNAILs must, not should, must, use their PSN IDs, (which is what the scoring sheets run off of and the scorekeepers and room directors use to identify you within the league) as their last names.
    • If your PSN ID is longer than 12 characters, make your last name field as close as you can get it.
    • The point here is so the hosts and scorekeepers can, at a glance, match your name on the sheet to your name in the room without any back and forth whatsoever.
    • With this in place, if you refuse to change your driver name, the host will de-friend you and you'll be booted from the room.

Should the league at large not wish to adopt these measures for next week, I have it from some of the Division 2 drivers, and certainly from the D2 GM, that we will offer to test out the above list and report back.

While I'm sure zer0 and kcheeb are already thinking of ways to alleviate some of the frustration felt by many drivers, they are in no way responsible for the poor performance of Gran Turismo's servers. I believe we can, as a league, say we've seriously load tested Gran Turismo 6's online capabilities.

Some other thoughts about setting up league night.

Limit rooms to 12 or 14 drivers. This would obviously require an adjustment in divisional placements and might also require adding that fabled Division 6, Adventuruss, OwensRacing and AJKVail speak of in hushed tones.

It might also be better for lag if the room audio is set to standard or lower. While I'm sure everyone just loves to hear every burp, fart, gearshift and go fast pedal slam, I would think it wouldn't be a priority when stood up against your car behaving as you expect it to.

To all the folks in D2, did I leave anything out?

Last edited:
Hoping that the lag issues are fixed for the online portion of GT6. I will be starting to work on my licenses Christmas morning when i start playing GT6.

I'm will not be able to watch due to I have class during the broadcast.

A quick reminder that the final episode of GT Academy airs tonight on Spike TV!

And, for some reason, Spike has reverted to showing it twice for me; 7:30 and 10:30. Last week it only did the 7:30 one so I recorded it....might do the same again since I have to be up early on Tuesday but still want to do the PP Cap racing :)

As frustrating last night was. I got to race one race of six. The practice invested this week allowed me to focus on new physics and tracks. Really like the new physics. Cars feel very right. The unbearable push I detested in GT5 post 2.09 is gone.

Really looking forward to PD patching the game and getting the online right.

On the subject of connection issues. I'm thinking it is best no points or official races are held until these connection issues are resolved. Till then we run unofficial races as normal. Attempting to sort things.

I mean I could of stayed in the room and raced. On my end there was no lag and the game ran silky smooth. Others said I was jumping around. So out of respect I quit.

I ask that all racers be considered and if one man is left behind then that's one too many.

Everyone knows in the first one to restart to get a racer in the race. I'd hope for the same in return to myself and others.

As well this point in time it's critical that racers have a wired connection.

Almost makes me wish we required some video proof to ensure all are in compliance. As well during this video a connection test can be done. Just be nice knowing where we stand and when we have issues who and what can be the source. Then we can work to resolve.

Not looking to put anyone out just maybe something we can try having those lower connections or wireless enter last. Try it with them not present. Just to see what's what.

Everything DW has stated I agree with sans one. The name. The new feature of using your real name is very cool and not allowing people to use this is just not cool.

So rather then forcing someone to use a name they don't want too. These folks need to submit their new display name so it can be adjusted.

Maybe I'm missing something but why wouldn't that work.

Last edited:
Quote="intoflatlines, post: 9085624, member: 247239"]I agree 100%... Exo did a great job hosting and I hope that we can keep tonight's results in for the month.

By the way after we quit for the night, I had to snap this photo right away headed into the straightaway at Suzuka to start the final lap of the last race:

11397568195_ee1468e3f8_z.jpg
[/quote]
Awesome pic flatlines! Had one of the best nights in snail since starting in the
League.

Back