◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,773 comments
Would like to join.

As I live in Europe I don't know how many races I can join but I will try my best :) Any chances for earlier races that work better for people in Europe or Asia?

I sat down here to type up a message about going to 7 divisions, but as I was contemplating the wording, I started to reflect on why I became a S.N.A.I.L.

1. To have some good times racing
2. To chill with some good people
3. To share an experience with people I like to spend time with
4. To have fun

I didn't join to:

1. Deal with people whose ego's are the size of all outdoors
2. Handle peoples petty arguments
3. Constantly defend what I think is right
4. Use untold hours of my personal time for seemingly nothing
5. See friends get abused

In short, the juice is no longer worth the squeeze.

I agree with this petty argument not being worth it but I think you'll see there's more good people associated with this league then not. Right now all the noise is being made by 2 people, one of which is basically just a troll at this point. What you and Zero do for this league is unbelievable and really should be acknowledged more than it is. SNAIL is something special because of the work you 2 put into to it and in my opinion people like Joew who attack you 2 shouldn't be a part of it. I know for a fact that you guys do more behind the scenes then we'll ever know and do it selflessly. I wouldn't have GT6 if it wasn't for you guys spending your own money to buy it for the 4 of us that made Silverstone. I mean come on, what other league does stuff like that? I hope you don't give up on this because I know for myself and countless others we have nothing but good things to say about this league and you and Zero. Stay strong and SNAIL on!!!

I think the game being programed a certain way is the problem. SNAIL has its own set on rules and the game doesn't follow these rules. This is what creates inconsistencies.

My problem with these penalties is that even though someone follows the SNAIL rules and is doing what they are supposed to be doing they can still be penalized. To me this is unfair, inconsistent and ruins the racing experience.

You have still, completely missed the point.

I'd agree with penalties off but heavy damage is something I wouldn't want to see. That can defiantly be a problem and make for some bad experiences.

Oh so you want realism without the risk. I get it now.

Would like to join.

As I live in Europe I don't know how many races I can join but I will try my best :) Any chances for earlier races that work better for people in Europe or Asia?
@larsh,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Unfortunately we don't have official races earlier in the day. If you can make it to the official Sunday night races here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information.

3. @kcheeb ?PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6' based off your placement from kcheeb. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Zero...I didn't ask to be placated. I said I would not come back. Then you asked me to come back to the point where you wanted to have a private chat telling me not to worry etc.

In hindsight it was a testament to your dedication to the league that you continued pursuit of me to stay. I definitely saw that and returned.

But it doesn't change the fact that we disagree on just about every single thing. This will likely never change.

Jst joined snail 4 days ago, looking forward to clean organized racing, but was not expecting so much negative stuff on this thread, which my turn off new ppl, thought snail started 3years ago, alot of time to figure out what works for clean competive racing?, when I host my Rms most tracks I do no pen. Because guys that I know, no whats right and what's wrong, ghosting etc= no realistic simulation, and part of racing is to push the limits of what u can get away with on cutting track jumping kurbs etc. Sarth, fugi only tracks I use pen. Im looking forward to my 1st race tonight, I'm jst hoping this thread is not so negative all the time.

Jst joined snail 4 days ago, looking forward to clean organized racing, but was not expecting so much negative stuff on this thread, which my turn off new ppl, thought snail started 3years ago, alot of time to figure out what works for clean competive racing?, when I host my Rms most tracks I do no pen. Because guys that I know, no whats right and what's wrong, ghosting etc= no realistic simulation, and part of racing is to push the limits of what u can get away with on cutting track jumping kurbs etc. Sarth, fugi only tracks I use pen. Im looking forward to my 1st race tonight, I'm jst hoping this thread is not so negative all the time.

@Kgffy I have been here since August, this is nothing usual, you joined at a bad time, and there are some mean spirited people that are taking their internal anger out on a specific few of SNAIL, but is in turn affecting all of us. I hope this doesn't turn you off from SNAIL, because of someone else's negative actions.

I understand that this is the United States of America, and we have the right of freedom of speech, but that DOESNT MEAN THAT WE WANT TO HEAR YOUR BICKERING!

I never said anything to Kcheeb.

Oh Hill and I have a nice long history of mutual dislike as well. When Hill says he wants something in D1, he gets it. Always has.

Let me put this baby to rest...

I am no Troll as Hill and Zero would have it. If expressing my opinion on the penalty situation is trolling then there are a lot of trolls here. It just so happens whenever Zero and I get started on ANYTHING it just escalates. We just don't get along. The same with Hill and I, even though we (Hill and myself) somewhat buried the hatchet in the Steward's forum long ago, the mutual dislike is still there. We just don't interact enough for it to get out of hand.

Once zero and I get started it just gets out of control as neither of us will back down. Polar opposites in almost every way.

Of course I love at least a few of the iterations of SNAIL still. I am glad that Zero convinced me to return and I do believe that racing here has made me a better driver. That being said, expressing opinions here is not trolling.

I have my opinions on how the divisions should be measured equally against one another and Zero/Hill's opinions are always on the opposite end.

I do still remember being in the practice room with Hill one day at Deep Forest. He was saying how he could get almost a second faster lap times with penalties OFF due to the different lines they took in D1 at that venue.

I will stop arguing with Zero now...assuming he buries the hatchet as well.

...downshifting into second and applying a hint of brakes...

There is a tremendous amount going on right now. We have doubled in size in roughly a month and the work that goes into this kind of expansion not only rests on the administration but it also depends on the membership. Everyone needs to recognize what is happening and act accordingly. This has nothing to do with any other conversations. I found this while looking around for some things and although some of it does not apply a great deal of it does. If you have a few minutes, please look this over and take to heart what it has to say...

http://www.stresscure.com/jobstress/reorg.html

Stewards.png

There is an issue we need a few more stewards to look at. Please take a moment or two to visit the Steward discussions at Google and cast your vote.

Thank you.

...downshifting into second and applying a hint of brakes...

There is a tremendous amount going on right now. We have doubled in size in roughly a month and the work that goes into this kind of expansion not only rests on the administration but it also depends on the membership. Everyone needs to recognize what is happening and act accordingly. This has nothing to do with any other conversations. I found this while looking around for some things and although some of it does not apply a great deal of it does.

http://www.stresscure.com/jobstress/reorg.html

More good than not, as usual, Exo! Very applicable - I am bringing forward the most relevant headers, bit some good info in there. I think we do pretty well at these, but it is worth a reminder about generally effective strategies that help us all handle change.

1) be prepared for change. For those seeing the recently ended discussion, like every large group, we have disagreements. Most of the time, more than in most forum related discussions, they are relatively civilized.

3) Watch out for unrealistic expectations.

4). Don't let yourself or others be abused.

5) Acknowledge increased pressures, demands, or workloads

6) Protect your leisure time - aka NOT SNAIL duty time, actual 'for fun' time

7) Don't ignore your family (or your Famileague, Exo's nickname for SNAIL)

9) Remain upbeat and positive

10) Get creative

11). Increase your value to SNAIL

12) Celebrate your accomplishments

14) Improve lines of communication

15) Become more efficient

16). Learn from experiences of others

17) Rise to the challenge

18) Never become complacent

I would like to join.
@Aleks,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information.

3. @kcheeb ? PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6' based off your placement from kcheeb. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

It was brought up a while back (I'm not sifting through the last few pages to quote) that D1 had better car control and therefore didn't need penalties to be turned on and could benefit from having them off.

With this in mind, I looked up some stats about penalties in S.N.A.I.L.

This goes back to April of 2013. Prior to that, as driver became inactive they were removed from the penalty history to keep it less cluttered.

There are 47 different drivers in the penalty history. The breakdown by division is as follows:

D1 - 16
D2 - 9
D3 - 4
D4 - 5
D5 - 3
D6 - 4
Currently not assigned a division - 7

These numbers are based on the current division of a driver which means they may or may not have been penalized while in their current division.

This something to think about as the data seems to fly in the face of the perception.

My apologies to everyone for last night/this morning. This type of negativity is not the norm on this thread and I'll make sure it isn't the norm in the future either. I want to especially apologize to @kcheeb for contributing to the circus.

Ken,
I've said it before, but I don't say it often enough. You're the heart of S.N.A.I.L. Everyone knows you do a lot for the league, but they don't know the half of it. In fact, I probably don't know the have of it either. And like you, there have been plenty of times where I've questioned why I spend so much time on the league (that I don't even race in). However, I remind myself that we've built something together that I truly believe in my heart is special. I think many others share that same sentiment as well. Please don't let the negatives overshadow the positives. These are crazy times for the league, and we can't navigate the storm without your guidance. More importantly, I can't imagine trying to run S.N.A.I.L. without you. If you throw in the towel, I'll be soon to follow.

Last edited:
I sat down here to type up a message about going to 7 divisions, but as I was contemplating the wording, I started to reflect on why I became a S.N.A.I.L.

1. To have some good times racing
2. To chill with some good people
3. To share an experience with people I like to spend time with
4. To have fun

I didn't join to:

1. Deal with people whose ego's are the size of all outdoors
2. Handle peoples petty arguments
3. Constantly defend what I think is right
4. Use untold hours of my personal time for seemingly nothing
5. See friends get abused

In short, the juice is no longer worth the squeeze.
Kcheeb,

I totally understand your points (especially 1-4). I understand the desire for growth but I have to say I have more fun racing with 5-6 guys that I really enjoy hanging out with in a lobby than taking part in an ultra competitive 7 division 100+ people league. I love SNAIL and all it has and is doing (other than the negative bickering) but I have to think that putting on the brakes a bit might be good. We seem to be adding more and more work for the people who do things behind the scenes without offering them much reward.

Back