◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,803 comments
Yes I have but the combos have not be posted? Wondering when so I can look see to start practice. Love the snarky reply. Haha
Not to be overly snarky here, but if you have been tracking the thread, then you know we are still voting on a combo, at this very moment, right? Soooo, why would the combos be posted, when we haven't even selected all of the combos yet?

I'll have the thread pulled up @ work all day.
Thanks! If I can figure out the number of picks that each finalists gets during lunch today, I try to send out some instructions to gets the picks made in an orderly fashion. All you'll have to do is direct traffic. :)
Who are the ButtKicker challenge finalists, it's blank when I atemp to view it?
We don't have the official list ready yet, but I would encourage all the guys who raced a lot during November/December to start thinking about their favorite numbers. ;)

Yes, are currently placed in a division? If not Skills will be along later during the day which will give you instructions on how to join the league to be able to race on Sunday night.
I'd join, but I'm in a way different time zone and when these races are going on, it's night where I live. 4-5 AM.

Would anyone else like to see all of this information in a more navigable manner? All of the information on the same thread can be tedious to find what you are looking for, which leads to duplicate posts asking for the same information and, ultimately, frustration for the people who volunteer their time to make this happen for the rest of us. I'm thinking using the snailracing.org website as a tool to obtain information about the series, and the gtplanet portion solely as a discussion board.

Does that appeal to anyone else?

Would anyone else like to see all of this information in a more navigable manner? All of the information on the same thread can be tedious to find what you are looking for, which leads to duplicate posts asking for the same information and, ultimately, frustration for the people who volunteer their time to make this happen for the rest of us. I'm thinking using the snailracing.org website as a tool to obtain information about the series, and the gtplanet portion solely as a discussion board.

Does that appeal to anyone else?
Or, you know, you could just goto the OP. I mean, EVERYTHING is pretty much in the first 2 posts. Generally, as soon as combos are updated, post 2 is updated as well. Which has always been my grip with the "are the combos posted yet?" IDK, do you need me to click that 1 button for you, and read the damn post for you too? If the new combos are not posted there, and you don't see them in say a page or two from the last page of the thread, chances are good, that they haven't been posted yet. People are beyond lazy with that kinda question.
That said, there is actually a SNAIL website, but at the moment it just reroutes you back to the OP of this thread. Currently, I don't see a need to make a full on site yet, as the OP really does contain or link to everything we need, in a not to unorganized fashion. My only suggestion on that front, would be a quick links section maybe at the bottom of the first post.

I guess the other possibility of using Snailracing.org in this context, if I understand it, the site could be a concise place to copy/put all the 'key links' from page 1.

It's more redundant, but it opens the idea of one site or post that can sum up things like paint, SNAIL OLR, etc, but to paraphrase kcheeb, not sure the juice is worth the squeeze.

Announcing the January Lineup - Part Deux for S.N.A.I.L. SPEC Racing

The Drivers List has been updated with driver movement for the month of January. Thanks to @JLBowler for stepping up to the Promotion/Relegation plate 👍

Our exponential growth has necessitated an expansion to 7 Divisions. What this means is drivers are on the move again. This is a good thing 👍 The more drivers S.N.A.I.L. has the closer the skill levels become, which means you will have stronger and stronger competition :)

To all the S.N.A.I.L.s that drive week after week, Thank You! Look at all the One and Two Year trophies on our drivers list :D

There's no clear cut formula for getting promoted or relegated. And this go around was again, ground breaking. We've gone to 7 Divisions. If we've made a mistake placing anyone WE WILL ACT QUICKLY to rectify the issue 👍

We take into account a number of factors to determine candidates for promotion and relegation. Once we've identified the drivers, we analyze the data at our disposal and make sure the people being moved fit into the Division they're being moved to. Then we pull the trigger :dopey:

Some of the criteria for being ELIGIBLE to be moved are:

1. Points for the month
2. How many drivers are in each division.
3. Race pace
4. Individual Lap Times
5. How you compare to other racers in your division and the division you're a candidate for.
6. Number of times you've raced that month.
7. How cleanly you've raced this past month.

Why do we do this?

1. To get you involved in races you will be racing in, not just putting in laps.
2. To incent you to improve your driving and racecraft.
3. To give you something to strive for.
4. To make it possible for you to have fun playing GT6.
5. Give the servers a break.

We want you to be in good, close, clean racing 👍

If you have any questions or concerns about promotion or relegation, feel free to pm me. I'd be more than happy to talk to you about it.

Cheers and good racing all!

kcheeb

Thanks! If I can figure out the number of picks that each finalists gets during lunch today, I try to send out some instructions to gets the picks made in an orderly fashion. All you'll have to do is direct traffic. :)

We don't have the official list ready yet, but I would encourage all the guys who raced a lot during November/December to start thinking about their favorite numbers. ;)

@zer05ive can you see the ButtKicker 4D Results now? Sometimes Google seems to go off the rails. The updates to the sheets take longer or fail for some unknown reason.

I've checked the sheets and they are appearing for me.

Doh, triple post, I'm in :mischievous:

@JLBowler

Is the Rocket on RH or SS? Someone just reminded us it's a race car not street car. Correct?

EDIT: Oh, it's a 2 seater road car. :(
Neat, even though the edit wasnt there when I hit reply, well, there is it now!
Anyway, I was gonna say just that. Its like the Atom or the Super7/Caterham. A purpose built, track car, with headlights and taillights. Making it a streetcar. SS should make D1 happier though, right?
I could think of some nice things to do with the SNAIL site though, like photo albums and video feeds. I am not fully hating on your idea oxide. I think having a corresponding website would be nice. As a matter of fact, I will volunteer some time and energy to whip up a quick demo site, if someone with some photoshop skills could make some banners and such.

Kcheeb's post reminded me about something I heard about lap times and how they may or may not be used. I heard last night someone say that Poles are not important and that faster laps are run during the race. I assume that meant faster laps during the race indicate a driver is better? While I partially agree with this (what about slipstream), I always remember what IMMORTALPILOT told me about his race strategy. I asked him why after chasing him around a full season, in hour long races, he NEVER crashes. He said during the race is not the time to run qualifying laps. It's too dangerous. I'm guessing he meant that in Q it's ok to run at 1.02% but keep it at a safer level during the race in order to avoid incident and maximize your points. We all know there are drivers that run blazing fast laps half the time and crash the other half. I like racing those drivers.

Anyway, I usually follow his advice and don't really push for fastest laps during the race, especially if I'm ahead of someone and want to stay there. :mischievous:

Last edited:
Kcheeb's post reminded me about something I heard about lap times and how they may or may not be used. I heard last night someone say that Poles are not important and that faster laps are run during the race. I assume that meant faster laps during the race indicate a driver is better? While I partially agree with this (what about slipstream), I always remember what IMMORTALPILOT told me about his race strategy. I asked him why after chasing him around a full season, in hour long races, he NEVER crashes. He said during the race is not the time to run qualifying laps. It's too dangerous. I'm guessing he meant that in Q it's ok to run at 1.02% but keep it at a safer level during the race in order to avoid incident and maximize your points. We all know there are drivers that run blazing fast laps half the time and crash the other half. I like racing those drivers.

Anyway, I usually follow his advice and don't really push for fastest laps during the race, especially if I'm ahead or someone and want to stay there. :mischievous:

If I actually nab a fast lap, during a race, it's usually the result of catching a draft. More seldomly it's the result of the stars aligning and me, the car and track, getting along in a nicely productive fashion.

I rarely make pole. Mostly just the city courses. So my qual time is generally spent refreshing myself on brake, turn in points and also a bit on how far I can push it into various corners. But during a race, I follow that same mind set as well. I try to remain consistent, not fast. Better to stay on track than on the grass, or wall, or even worse, gravel.

I like the idea of collecting photos on snailracing.org - it's great they are shared here, but after a few pages... they can get lost in the shuffle.

Announcing the January Lineup - Part Deux for S.N.A.I.L. SPEC Racing

The Drivers List has been updated with driver movement for the month of January. Thanks to @JLBowler for stepping up to the Promotion/Relegation plate 👍

Our exponential growth has necessitated an expansion to 7 Divisions. What this means is drivers are on the move again. This is a good thing 👍 The more drivers S.N.A.I.L. has the closer the skill levels become, which means you will have stronger and stronger competition :)

To all the S.N.A.I.L.s that drive week after week, Thank You! Look at all the One and Two Year trophies on our drivers list :D

There's no clear cut formula for getting promoted or relegated. And this go around was again, ground breaking. We've gone to 7 Divisions. If we've made a mistake placing anyone WE WILL ACT QUICKLY to rectify the issue 👍

We take into account a number of factors to determine candidates for promotion and relegation. Once we've identified the drivers, we analyze the data at our disposal and make sure the people being moved fit into the Division they're being moved to. Then we pull the trigger :dopey:

Some of the criteria for being ELIGIBLE to be moved are:

1. Points for the month
2. How many drivers are in each division.
3. Race pace
4. Individual Lap Times
5. How you compare to other racers in your division and the division you're a candidate for.
6. Number of times you've raced that month.
7. How cleanly you've raced this past month.

Why do we do this?

1. To get you involved in races you will be racing in, not just putting in laps.
2. To incent you to improve your driving and racecraft.
3. To give you something to strive for.
4. To make it possible for you to have fun playing GT6.
5. Give the servers a break.

We want you to be in good, close, clean racing 👍

If you have any questions or concerns about promotion or relegation, feel free to pm me. I'd be more than happy to talk to you about it.

Cheers and good racing all!

kcheeb

Exosphere has his work cut out for him. :crazy::boggled:

Or, you know, you could just goto the OP. I mean, EVERYTHING is pretty much in the first 2 posts. Generally, as soon as combos are updated, post 2 is updated as well. Which has always been my grip with the "are the combos posted yet?" IDK, do you need me to click that 1 button for you, and read the damn post for you too? If the new combos are not posted there, and you don't see them in say a page or two from the last page of the thread, chances are good, that they haven't been posted yet. People are beyond lazy with that kinda question.
That said, there is actually a SNAIL website, but at the moment it just reroutes you back to the OP of this thread. Currently, I don't see a need to make a full on site yet, as the OP really does contain or link to everything we need, in a not to unorganized fashion. My only suggestion on that front, would be a quick links section maybe at the bottom of the first post.

While I agree with you, we both know that is not going to happen. Society has allowed people to become dependent on lightning quick information at hand, while using the least amount of thinking and logic as possible. As an organization that, I believe, relies on sponsorship funding in some form or fashion, we should be embracing this instead of fighting it off. We should be getting the clients in the minds of the consumer as effortlessly and cleanly as possible.

snail-jpg.97127

^^ This is something I tossed together in about 5 minutes, but something like this would allow extremely user-friendly navigation. You would be able to click on the tabs to access the information you were looking for. It is just an idea, and a primitive one at that.

Attachments

• snail.jpg
    snail.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 43
Back