◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,686 comments
I think it isn't 1996 anymore and we should move to an actual site.

Also: vote b

GTPlanet provides us with a lot of things we shouldn't lose sight of.

All kinds of extra information about GT6, traffic, other race leagues, people with similar interests. All of which would be lost if we went and tucked ourselves away in a corner of the Internet.

All kinds of extra information about GT6, traffic, other race leagues, people with similar interests. All of which would be lost if we went and tucked ourselves away in a corner of the Internet.

While i understand your side of it, why cant a dedicated website be created that has the info quick at hand like everyone wants with a link to it from here? this way you can use both websites for what they are intended to do.

I am totally with you there cheeb, and this forum post should totally remain where it is. That being said, with the massive influx of people joining recently, and that trend will probably continue, I don't think it would be a bad idea to have somewhere to go where everything is easy to read and find.

@simracejesse Welcome. A member will be along soon to give you the "Join Up" Information. In the mean time you can go to our Page 1 and read about the League and basic foundation of the group. Look forward to seeing you on the track.

All that website needs to really do is simply display links to the organizational and informational posts that have already been generated here and on google docs. A central collection that's easy to get to and fro.

Neat, even though the edit wasnt there when I hit reply, well, there is it now!
Anyway, I was gonna say just that. Its like the Atom or the Super7/Caterham. A purpose built, track car, with headlights and taillights. Making it a streetcar. SS should make D1 happier though, right?
I could think of some nice things to do with the SNAIL site though, like photo albums and video feeds. I am not fully hating on your idea oxide. I think having a corresponding website would be nice. As a matter of fact, I will volunteer some time and energy to whip up a quick demo site, if someone with some photoshop skills could make some banners and such.
I am going to disagree with you here. The caterham is a road car that excels at the track. It is derived from the lotus 7 which was a road car. There are some track focused versions but most are street focused. The atom is a modern day version of the caterham so the same applies. When it was first developed track days were nowhere near as popular in England as they are now.

Update
New Combo Winner (by a single vote!):
Light Car Company Rocket '07 (Sport Soft / 174 hp / 563 PP / MR)

at Brands Hatch Gran Prix

Thanks for the terrific participation and voting! We had over 50% of our Sunday drivers vote.

I am sure @zer05ive will update the lineup shortly!

Last edited:
Thanks for the terrific participation and voting! We had over 50% of our Sunday drivers vote.

I am sure @zer05ive will update the lineup shortly!

Just a update @Handlebar, The Light Car Company rocket is 563 pp with a oil change.

Combo 1: Amuse Super Leggera @ Suzuka 510pp/399hp 5 laps

Combo 2: Nissan GTR Black Edition @ Deep Forrest Reverse 553pp/569hp 8 laps

Combo 3: Light Car company Rocket @ Brands Hatch Gran Prix 563pp/174hp

I would like to race in the SNAIL! :)
@simracejesse,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7' based off your placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Last edited:
Just a update @Handlebar, The Light Car Company rocket is 563 pp with a oil change.

Combo 1: Amuse Super Leggera @ Suzuka 510pp/399hp 5 laps

Combo 2: Nissan GTR Black Edition @ Deep Forrest Reverse 553pp/569hp 8 laps

Combo 3: Light Car company Rocket @ Brands Hatch Gran Prix 563pp/174hp

I feel that the Rocket might get voted off but I hope people don't. I want it to stick around for a while because I won't be able to race this Sunday because of going back to school.

I am going to disagree with you here. The caterham is a road car that excels at the track. It is derived from the lotus 7 which was a road car. There are some track focused versions but most are street focused. The atom is a modern day version of the caterham so the same applies. When it was first developed track days were nowhere near as popular in England as they are now.
disagree a ton. Those cars were built with one purpose only. Track days and performance on the road. Ok, you can derive 2 purposes from that, but really, I believe them to be one in the same. None of those cars have any practical use outside of track days, b road racing. No trunks, AC, some versions don't even have heaters or a passenger seat! Monocoque tubular frames, light weight body panels, fashioned after f1 cars, come on. There is no way you can't call that a track car. The only reason I digress, is that it is street car, if only because it had the proper lights.

Last edited:
I feel that the Rocket might get voted off but I hope people don't. I want it to stick around for a while because I won't be able to race this Sunday because of going back to school.
Depends on how much people like bumping off the rev limiter:boggled:

Is the Rocket car considered a race car to put Racing Hards on or Sports Soft

Please don't blast me I'm green to all this car stuff fellas.

disagree a ton. Those cars were bulky with one purpose only. Track days and performance on the road. Ok, you can derive 2 purposes from that, but really, I believe them to be one in the same. None of those cars have any practical use outside of track days, b road racing. No trunks, AC, some versions don't even have heaters or a passenger seat! Monocoque tubular frames, light weight body panels, fashioned after f1 cars, come on. There is no way you can't call that a track car.
Well I think if you understand the Brits a bit you realize that they have a long love affair with uncomfortable high performance vehicles that have no purpose but to go fast on b roads;) Feel free to reply and disagree but after that lets just drink some whisky!

Well I think if you understand the Brits a bit you realize that they have a long love affair with uncomfortable high performance vehicles that have no purpose but to go fast on b roads;) Feel free to reply and disagree but after that lets just drink some whisky!
Like anything with the name Black? Lol. Keep the drink and have it for me, I'll drink a black and tan for ya.

@JLBowler, not to be a bother. But, what if we ran a rally car? Would these (I would argue the point that they should be) be on SS?
@Oshawa-Joe still got that room open? I'll be there shortly, gonna eats me done lunch then be in.

Last edited:
@JLBowler, not to be a bother. But, what if we ran a rally car? Would these (I would argue the point that they should be) be on SS?

Most likely they would run on race tires. I know you could take a rally car and run it on the street because it has lights and mirrors. I look more at what the car was built for. The rally cars in the game are, for the most part, purpose built rally (race) cars. They have no interior pieces, full roll cages, and were built to be rally cars. A car like the Rocket was built to be road legal from the get go. It takes more than lights and mirrors to make it a street car and it takes more than removing those lights and mirrors to make it a race car.

I ask the question, "What was the purpose of the car when it was built/altered?" when making a decision of street vs. race.

@zer05ive can you see the ButtKicker 4D Results now? Sometimes Google seems to go off the rails. The updates to the sheets take longer or fail for some unknown reason.

I've checked the sheets and they are appearing for me.

Doh, triple post, I'm in :mischievous:
Yup, I can see them now. Thanks! Working on it now.

Back