◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments
West Coast Division Report

I know I had a great time and I think that overall it was a great night. We had 11 people show up. We had 6 people run all the races and averaged 8-9 on track. We had a few fast guys show up which always increases the concentration levels. There was good vibe in the room and plenty of hard fought battles. The overall results are as follows

1 kadoimmortal - 86
2 Troggeh - 79
3 Jobyone - 76
4 TezGM99 - 72
5 GranStandBill - 70
6 LuckyFellaJr - 66
7 fastfox400 - 65
8 Intoflatlines - 41
9 lifesagamble420 - 37
10 ChuthuluGoat - 19
11 drgreenthumb - 14

Congrats to Kado and Trog. It was a really close 5 way battle until the last round.

We had the following votes for the combos:

Round 1 - 3 votes
Round 2 - 1 vote
Round 3 - 2 votes

These are the votes of people that only took part in the WC division

This brings me to one though I have had. Having people show up after the normal Sunday event is awesome, helps fill out the grid and we love having you with us. But I do wonder if going forward we could ask those that have already raced to not qualify. Since 7 of us were racing for points every point matters and the extra points of getting pole position can make the difference overall. Just my $.02
Thanks for hosting last night! It was great to be able to race with other SNAILs after my regular Division race. I'd be fine with not qualifying personally. Although, what would you do for reverse grid if non WC people will be up front?

Thanks for hosting last night! It was great to be able to race with other SNAILs after my regular Division race. I'd be fine with not qualifying personally. Although, what would you do for reverse grid if non WC people will be up front?
I think he is more worried bout the point given for pole position.

You're league has impressed me, I'd like to sign up. Let's see these detailed time trial instructions.
@Mirado_7,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7' based off your placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

I know I had a great time and I think that overall it was a great night. We had 11 people show up. We had 6 people run all the races and averaged 8-9 on track. We had a few fast guys show up which always increases the concentration levels. There was good vibe in the room and plenty of hard fought battles. The overall results are as follows

1 kadoimmortal - 86
2 Troggeh - 79
3 Jobyone - 76
4 TezGM99 - 72
5 GranStandBill - 70
6 LuckyFellaJr - 66
7 fastfox400 - 65
8 Intoflatlines - 41
9 lifesagamble420 - 37
10 ChuthuluGoat - 19
11 drgreenthumb - 14

Congrats to Kado and Trog. It was a really close 5 way battle until the last round.

Round 1 - 3 votes
Round 2 - 1 vote
Round 3 - 2 votes

This brings me to one though I have had. Having people show up after the normal Sunday event is awesome, helps fill out the grid and we love having you with us. But I do wonder if going forward we could ask those that have already raced to not qualify. Since 7 of us were racing for points every point matters and the extra points of getting pole position can make the difference overall. Just my $.02

You could just give the bonus point to the fastest of the WC guys unless you want the guys that already ran to start in the back. I can see it that way as well.

You could just give the bonus point to the fastest of the WC guys unless you want the guys that already ran to start in the back. I can see it that way as well.

I agree. Just move point over to the corresponding position.

1 kadoimmortal - 86
2 Troggeh - 79
3 Jobyone - 76
4 TezGM99 - 72
5 GranStandBill - 70
6 LuckyFellaJr - 66
7 fastfox400 - 65
8 Intoflatlines - 41
9 lifesagamble420 - 37
10 ChuthuluGoat - 19
11 drgreenthumb - 14

Round 1 - 3 votes
Round 2 - 1 vote
Round 3 - 2 votes

I had an awesome time. I'm a bit over my head completion wise but still enjoyed participating. I will definitely be coming back every week or as my schedule permits. Thanks for hosting.

I'll be actively recruiting for the West Coast since having separate divisions would optimize the fun. It would help if folks posted how they heard about S.N.A.I.L to better target my efforts.

Last edited:
I feel that we are mostly getting the fast guys joining so no qualifying accomplishes two things. One keep the pole point for the west coasters. Keeps the fast guys from just running away. It is also good for the guys who are not as fast to be able to observe good passing and then learn from the faster guys lines. I think it would be really cool if the fast guys would even find one of the slower guys and use it as a chance to observe them and give suggestions or guidance on how they could improve.

I had an awesome time. I'm a bit over my head completion wise but still enjoyed participating. I will definitely be coming back every week or as my schedule permits. Thanks for hosting.
It was good to have you with us. I think you were driving well and trust me just taking part in this league will help you improve. Make sure to hop in the practice rooms when you can. There are lots of great drivers that will happily help you improve.

edit - also you scored 66 points I do not think you are in over your head. You will be in the thick of things in not time.

I feel that we are mostly getting the fast guys joining so no qualifying accomplishes two things. One keep the pole point for the west coasters. Keeps the fast guys from just running away. It is also good for the guys who are not as fast to be able to observe good passing and then learn from the faster guys lines. I think it would be really cool if the fast guys would even find one of the slower guys and use it as a chance to observe them and give suggestions or guidance on how they could improve.

It was good to have you with us. I think you were driving well and trust me just taking part in this league will help you improve. Make sure to hop in the practice rooms when you can. There are lots of great drivers that will happily help you improve.

Those are some of the reasons I could see you wanting them in the back. Give some of the guys a chance to race with and then follow someone faster than they are. That's a great way to learn a few things.

V1.03 is supposed to out tomorrow. This car

toyota-ft-1-7-638x358.jpg

will be included via a seasonal event.

I really hope the "minor bug fixes" include fixing this replay fiasco, tire and pit stop bugs, and include support for triples.

Question:

Shall I remove TEZ and TROGGEH from my D3 list as they race in the West coast Division? If so, let me know and if the CEO's want to pull another two drivers into D3, feel free.
Last night we had 11 racers and from those steady show ups, we only missed Rallywagon and Wolfsatz so there might be room for at least two more Snailers.

For all D7 Drivers
Last night was some great racing, we did have some connection issues but it was very minor until I lagged out. Here is what happened, My internet modem is run by Comcast my Wifi is separate but to get any internet for me my parents and I go throught Comcast. Last night during the race Comcast shut-off the internet to my wifi for the 3rd tim in less than a week. This never happened before as my internet ran perfectly on GT6. As of now I am contacting Comcast to get this solved so this is to let all D7 racers know that if I DC again this is the reason why and i'm trying to get it so that this won't happen again during the race. Hopefully we can do this again next week with me not having this problem again.

Last edited:
Question:

Shall I remove TEZ and TROGGEH from my D3 list as they race in the West coast Division? If so, let me know and if the CEO's want to pull another two drivers into D3, feel free.
Last night we had 11 racers and from those steady show ups, we only missed Rallywagon and Wolfsatz so there might be room for at least two more Snailers.
I raced in the WC room last night due to a RL obligation I had the normal start time.

Got word I'll be driving with D5 next week and looking forward to it. Not sure if the driver list on page 1 is up to date so looking for other D5 drivers that I should add to my friends list.

How soon do we ussually get the event list for the coming week? I'm tired of grinding credits and itching to get to practicing. :)

It seems like I can't modify anything in the Results doc. I guess i have to be added to exception list or granted rights or something like that? Or I'm just a :dunce:

Generally we have preliminary results. Once the complaints/Steward reporting window closes, if the Prize A and Prize B winner are clear, they could announce the combo (they hopefully tried, with others on the track) shortly after.

As early as tonight, as late as Wednesday (my goal) if the winners forfeit prizes and we go to plan B for Combos....

Big PSN sale for PS+ members Tuesday.
Price/sale price/PS+ sale price
  • Bit.Trip Presents Runner 2 ($14.99 | $7.49 | $3.75)
  • Crysis 3 ($19.99 | $9.99 | $5.00)
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director’s Cut ($29.99 | $14.99 | $13.49)
  • Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Premium ($19.99 | $9.99 | $5.00)
  • F1 2013 ($59.99 | $29.99 | $20.99)
  • Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon ($14.99 | $7.49 | $3.75)
  • Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut ($12.99 | $7.49 | $5.24)
  • Pool Nation ($8.49 | $4.49 | $2.25)
  • Proteus ($8.49 | N/A | $5.94)
  • Puppeteer ($39.99 | $13.99 | $7.00)
  • Rain ($14.99 | $7.49 | $3.75)
  • Rayman Legends ($59.99 | $47.99 | $35.99)
  • Tales of Xillia ($39.99 | $19.99 | $10.00)
  • The Wolf Among Us ($19.99 | $14.99 | $13.49)
  • Thomas Was Alone ($9.99 | $4.99 | $2.50)

Generally we have preliminary results. Once the complaints/Steward reporting window closes, if the Prize A and Prize B winner are clear, they could announce the combo (they hopefully tried, with others on the track) shortly after.

As early as tonight, as late as Wednesday (my goal) if the winners forfeit prizes and we go to plan B for Combos....

Unofficial result havent been posted as D1 was not added to the Directors doc. It was sent to Cheeb or Zero so the voting is off. Along with the voting from the WC division is not included either. So we must wait on that to be updated before we even have a clue whats changing. But one is certain an that is the GT-R @ Deep Forest is gone

Unofficial result havent been posted as D1 was not added to the Directors doc. It was sent to Cheeb or Zero so the voting is off. Along with the voting from the WC division is not included either. So we must wait on that to be updated before we even have a clue whats changing. But one is certain an that is the GT-R @ Deep Forest is gone
Noooooo I loved that combo...

...well not really

swg
Got word I'll be driving with D5 next week and looking forward to it. Not sure if the driver list on page 1 is up to date so looking for other D5 drivers that I should add to my friends list.

How soon do we ussually get the event list for the coming week? I'm tired of grinding credits and itching to get to practicing. :)

Welcome to the Great Division 5 - will look forward to seeing you on the tracks.
Either @ExoSphere or myself will be glad to accept your FR.

Jumping in the GTR with no practice was definitely a challenge. Totally different than that of the Subaru, and I realized after the first race that I was braking it like a 4wd. Really explained why I was overshooting turns, and driving sideways most of both of the races. Just not a good overall combo, don't think the GTR can really thrive at that course but that is simply my .02. I really enjoyed the other combos, and would loved to have had more practice.

Yeah, I had a rude awakening getting into that car for the first time. The tire upgrade was grippy but caused too much body roll and the tires were bouncing off the pavement on just about every turn. I won both races simply because I ran at a cruising pace and was the only one left who hadn't spun off the track!

Yeah, I had a rude awakening getting into that car for the first time. The tire upgrade was grippy but caused too much body roll and the tires were bouncing off the pavement on just about every turn. I won both races simply because I ran at a cruising pace and was the only one left who hadn't spun off the track!

sometimes consistency is more important than fastest laps. I have run well in the 29's with the rocket. but when you can put 6-7 laps in the 30 flats it hard to beat.

Back