◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,326 comments
Ok im ready for my combo. The combo will consist of the nissan skyline GT-R R32 Touring Car. Around the Nurburgring GP/F track. RHtires. This has to be a good one. This is my combo
Thanks for making your Prize A selection! I've updated the lineup post.

Have we heard from @speer9892003 on his Prize B selection? Or do we need to start asking for his drivers in Division 8 for suggestions so that the rest of the league can vote on them? Only two and a half hours until practice..

SOLD FOR 30 $SHELLS TO NMCP1. Enjoy!
I'm putting up a F1 photography book for sale!
513EX7DDKKL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

It is a great book with 400 pages of full color photographs covering 25 years of F1 from 1969 to 1993. It has chapters containing Drivers, design, tyres, technology, Faces, helmets, and Grand Prix 1969-1993.
The book is written in 4 languages; German, English, French, and Spanish and has a preface by Ayrton Senna. The photographer is Rainer W. Schlegelmilch and writer is Hartmut Lehbrink.

It will be sold as an auction and there is no minimum bid and no reserve price!

Proper Bidding Etiquette
If you want to place a bid our outbid someone else, please clearly state how many $hells you are bidding and what you're bidding on. It is also preferred if your bid post is in reply to the original listing (if you're the first bidder) or in reply to the highest current bid (if you're outbidding someone else). As an example, a simple reply of "I bid __ $hells for the _____" would be sufficient. 👍

IMPORTANT: Do not bid more $hells than the number of $hells you currently own.

How To Win
Once someone's bid lasts for 24 hours without being outbid by somebody else, the auction will close and the highest bidder will be declared the winner. I will then mail the lucky SNAIL the book.

HAPPY BIDDING AND GOOD LUCK!! :)

Last edited:
It's cool. Thanks for giving me the top. I could have coordinated it better. You always have been faster than me:sly:
:gtpflag:

yessss because i have so much time to look through the posts and sift through the grassy-knowl type conspiracy theories re: womens hockey
As I've said before, if you can't be bothered, don't bother others. Check the second post and either rejoice in the knowledge imparted or wait.
Yup my combo consists of the SKYLINE GT-R R32 Touring car and the course is the nurburgring GP/F Track RH tires
Not sure if you are aware, but that car would be on sports tires. Street cars roll on sports, race cars get shoed in race tires.

re: rules
im in i just never wanted to come accross as a rules nazi so i was always laid back-never complained. my goal really has been to not get a penalty since im so new, but if its par for the course im in,

[/QUOTE]
Thank you to everyone who filed incident reports this week. Please remember that YOU are responsible for the clean racing in this league. If YOU don't submit incident reports for things that should be reported then YOU aren't helping to promote clean racing. And if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem! Clean racing doesn't just happen.. It takes respect, accountability, and the responsibility to point out when someone is not driving cleanly.
Please reply to this post if you agree or disagree with this statement.

I agree with this and at the same time I agree with this:

Zero, I agree 99.9% with you. For some reason I always had trouble filing reports against other drivers unless i consider his move absolutely retarded because his penalties will not bring my position or points back and mostly because I truly believe that most incidents happen due to a fraction of a second braindead that if the person who provoked the incident could turn back time he wouldn't do the same thing again.
The only very few times that I reported an incident was because I could clearly see on the replay that the other driver went way beyond basic rules of sportsmanship and racecraft.
But this is only my very personal opinion and I don't have any intention to influence anyone with it. Let that be very clear.

I believe that the point of SNAIL is to have fun and race clean. To me racing is fighting hard to get every position you can, using every inch of road only leaving just enough space for your competitor to just barely stay in the fight but at the same time respecting each other. I believe that some slight contact happens from time to time and as long as there's no effect to the other person because of it it's just racing. For example I've had times where someone hit me going into a corner under braking causing me to go a little wide. The person didn't take advantage of the bump so I considered it just racing. On the other hand if the same thing happened and the person then passed me then that I would consider dirty. Racing is a sport that has contact even when people try their hardest to avoid it and the difference in my mind is 1. was it intentional and 2. did the person gain from hitting the other person. If you can't say either then in my mind it's just racing. I'm sure some will disagree with my views on this.

Anyways I miss racing with you guys. I'll have to find a way to get back on the grid soon. Great to see SNAIL expanding as much as it has.

Thank you to everyone who filed incident reports this week. Please remember that YOU are responsible for the clean racing in this league. If YOU don't submit incident reports for things that should be reported then YOU aren't helping to promote clean racing. And if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem! Clean racing doesn't just happen.. It takes respect, accountability, and the responsibility to point out when someone is not driving cleanly.
Please reply to this post if you agree or disagree with this statement.

I agree in general. However, if someone has never wronged me before, I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt the first time. This is especially true if they own up to the mistake, give the spot back, and apologize. Even the cleanest drivers make mistakes from time to time after all. But, if someone is consistently roughing me up or making dumb decisions, I will report them.

Jeez Louise. Dude wins a prize B and can't be bothered to check the thread and post his choice?

Ugh...

I gotta defend him. I think we need to allow @Dragonwhisky to make the call to announce who's the winner when there is a change. His steward report was last night. The new Prize B didn't find out until 11:45 am today.

If he is West Coast, he may have been on way to school or work, etc. since is is only 5:20 pm PST, it seems pretty petty to whinge about someone who hasn't responded in such a short time.

The timing is not ideal, but it is what it is.

Even General Patton in the middle of a battle would take a second to pull his secure smart satellite phone out and post his choice, right?

He would know America practices on Thursday and wouldn't let his country down

If I could have made it sooner I would have. Thanks again for helping wvhellbilly and Handlebar. I didn't hear until later in the morning when I was on break at work and I work 7:30 to 6 Wednesday through Saturday so that's why it was so late. I thought about leaving early but Amazon was pretty busy today so I'm not going to do that to them.

Thanks for the picks. Why no love for street cars? All three cars will be on Racing Hard this week.

Ok im ready for my combo. The combo will consist of the nissan skyline GT-R R32 Touring Car. Around the Nurburgring GP/F track. RHtires. This has to be a good one. This is my combo
Got a selection. Volkswagen Golf IV GTI Touring Car 01
Thanks for making your Prize A and Prize B selections!

The February 23rd lineup has been posted!! :gtpflag:

Now let's see some lineup photos! :D

Back