◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,801 comments
Hey Drift. How did monday go? Things didnt work out as I had planned, so I wasnt able to get on, and I lost my phone to boot. Bad weekend leading up to today. I'll try and get hooked up this weekend, maybe we can do up some tandem.

Hey Drift. How did monday go? Things didnt work out as I had planned, so I wasnt able to get on, and I lost my phone to boot. Bad weekend leading up to today. I'll try and get hooked up this weekend, maybe we can do up some tandem.

It went pretty well. It was just 2armed and myself for a while and then eventually others joined. Not as big of a turn out as I had hoped but it was very fun. Im down for some tandem this weekend if you have the time for it.

I hate to be "this guy" but I don't believe I'll be participating this week. I will always respect the winner's choice of combo but these just aren't for me. The twitchy, overpowered thing isn't working for me on my ds3. Plus I'm just plain sick of the Clio.

Anyway, don't take it the wrong way, I'm not going to be the guy that says, "Oh who the **** picked this combo? I can't believe any retard can just pick for all of us.", it's just not for me. I'll probably see some of you on Friday for the STATS practice.

This is what I'm getting right now.

2507273284.png

How in the hell do you have 10 down and 42 up??

Should be a good time on Sunday -- the 3 combos are really pretty fun to drive. The Clio is predictable now, and the other two are just hard enough to make it really interesting, and yet incredibly frustrating for those of us (*us*) who tend to cook it on exit of the turns, and spin the cars.

I had fun at practice tonight!

Oh, and the start of the FGT@Daytona race on sunday needs to be as "cooperative" as possible...considering the pile-up we had at the start line on the first practice tonight :P

How in the hell do you have 10 down and 42 up??

Should be a good time on Sunday -- the 3 combos are really pretty fun to drive. The Clio is predictable now, and the other two are just hard enough to make it really interesting, and yet incredibly frustrating for those of us (*us*) who tend to cook it on exit of the turns, and spin the cars.

I had fun at practice tonight!

Oh, and the start of the FGT@Daytona race on sunday needs to be as "cooperative" as possible...considering the pile-up we had at the start line on the first practice tonight :P

That was totally my fault! I spun the tyres and the car just did a 180!

Need to practice the starts with cold tyres! :crazy::ouch:

Sorry missed practice tonight. Had to do some shopping and get my GATE car qualified. Won't be around till late tomorrow and out of town Friday. Be looking to practice Sunday. See you all then!

Should note. I'm not sure what the future holds with my GT5 racing. I'm building a PC for iRacing next week. Waiting on one last shipment and I can assemble it. ;)

Pretty stoked to get involved in it. I've got some other upgrades being added to the rig. Ill be sure to share the updates with you guys.

Lil teaser pic:

EF4F0AF0-9D75-416A-8A50-870A6A952C25-10005-000005A375889040_zps5318dba9.jpg

And my totally awesome Birthday cake the GF had made for me.

8C14E5DB-FD4F-43F8-8FE9-70238195BCDC-10005-000005A08F0FBC46_zpsb63e5f52.jpg

Last edited:
Terrible problems with connecting in D1/2 practice room tonight. Disc'ct issues. Booted after lap 6 race 1. Finished race 2 then got disc'ct again. Could not reconnect after that; tried 30 times, literally. Went to D3/5 practice and never had a problem.

Sunday had issues too. Never had connection problems while in D3.

Any answers??? :grumpy:

How did the FGT and Zonda go last night?

Great actually. Very clean overall I think. However, the connection issues as per my previous post are very discouraging. I have no problems in any rooms other than D2 lounge and the D1/2 practice rooms. I think It's compatibility issues.

How did the FGT and Zonda go last night?

My prediction of 1 minute spread was way to short..

Can we do a 2 minute before ending a race?

Try 30 second spread from 1st to 4th. Some did not finish within 70 seconds.

Some hate it; some love it! Just like anything else.

Great actually. Very clean overall I think. However, the connection issues as per my previous post are very discouraging. I have no problems in any rooms other than D2 lounge and the D1/2 practice rooms. I think It's compatibility issues.

I guess he means that most visited the grass as a lawn mower here and there.

It's a car people will need to practice, but once you get the feeling for it's limit - don't go near it. It takes some patience with the accelerator and getting the braking done early. Brake balance 5/2 helped. I'm going to look at combo 2 and 3 as a fun training session to get rid of some of the rust from the last few months.

Last edited:
I guess he means that most visited the grass as a lawn mower here and there.

What has two wings, flies, smokes like a chimney, and spends most of its time in a field?

After practicing last night on my own. DrKronin was absolutely right (for me at least) keeping the thing moving and keeping the downforce pushing down makes it a lot easier to drive. Get too slow. Grip is gone.

I am curious though, are all of you running sub 1:20's? Also would like to know what your lap times are looking like for the Zonda. I am actually having more trouble with that car now.

I'd love to find out in practices, but the 10:00 Wednesday night time is just too late for me. I can handle the Sundays, but not two days a week. When summer rolls around-different story.

It's a car people will need to practice, but once you get the feeling for it's limit - don't go near it. It takes some patience with the accelerator and getting the braking done early. Brake balance 5/2 helped. I'm going to look at combo 2 and 3 as a fun training session to get rid of some of the rust from the last few months.

Very true. I set mine at 5/1 and made a big difference. I've also knocked the power down to 95%. This helped as well. Since you bang off the rev limiter constantly at Daytona I am assuming knocking the power down won't hurt the time that much.

When racing with others you have to remember these cars lose their front downforce when following in the slipstream. Pull out early before turning. I don't think you will make it through most corners trying to stick to someone rear.

When racing with others you have to remember these cars lose their front downforce when following in the slipstream. Pull out early before turning. I don't think you will make it through most corners trying to stick to someone rear.

Quoted for truth! The "aero push" is very significant with the FGT. I think consistency in lap times will be more important than fast lap times. Hill and I did some practice last night after it was all finished and ran sub 1:20's. Can't speak for Hill but for me it was literally on the edge!

If you can run 1:20-1:22 each lap with no offs, you'll be more successful than running 1:19 one lap and 1:35 the next.

My prediction of 1 minute spread was way to short..

We had a minute spread in the Clio too tho lol

And I can account for the running a 1:19 and then a 1:35 being a bad plan.

Also just an idea but it would be nice if we could flip the rotation for the combos

We had a minute spread in the Clio too tho lol

And I can account for the running a 1:19 and then a 1:35 being a bad plan.

Also just an idea but it would be nice if we could flip the rotation for the combos

Not quite.. the spread was due for racers pulling out / not finishing. Most of the pack was tight.

When you take in consideration that there are racers from 3 divisions the spread within division would be less than 10 secs.

It went pretty well. It was just 2armed and myself for a while and then eventually others joined. Not as big of a turn out as I had hoped but it was very fun. Im down for some tandem this weekend if you have the time for it.

For sure man. Got some plans Saturday night but I'll be on Sunday for sure.

What's everyone running for brake balance on the Zonda? I'm having a little trouble keeping the rear end in check while trail braking. Just enough to keep from thrashing it. I would just lower the rear one, but then it just doesn't stop.

Back