◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,326 comments
Hey SNAILs, I'm putting an F1 T-shirt up for sale (size XL). It was a promotional shirt for Codemasters' F1 game. The right sleeve says CODEMASTERS RACING and the left sleeve says www.formula1-game.com

017-465x348.jpg

capsule_616x353.jpg

This shirt is brand new and has never been worn. It will be sold as an auction and there is no minimum bid and no reserve price!

Proper Bidding Etiquette
If you want to place a bid our outbid someone else, please clearly state how many $hells you are bidding and what you're bidding on. It is also preferred if your bid post is in reply to the original listing (if you're the first bidder) or in reply to the highest current bid (if you're outbidding someone else). As an example, a simple reply of "I bid __ $hells for the _____" would be sufficient. 👍

IMPORTANT: Do not bid more $hells than the number of $hells you currently own.

How To Win
Once someone's bid lasts for 24 hours without being outbid by somebody else, the auction will close and the highest bidder will be declared the winner. I will then mail the shirt to the lucky SNAIL!

HAPPY BIDDING AND GOOD LUCK!! :)

Last edited:
Thanks for bidding! You never know until you try! :)

And even though you can't race at the moment, you can still earn $hells by posting lineup pics! 👍

Yeah, I was going to take some of the 350Z, but when I got around to it jobyone had already picked one and made the banners, so I thought it would be kind of cheap to just post pictures for the sake of earning $hells. Next week i'll definitely try and take some picture earlier. :)

Ok, lets pretend that this is a TOTTP.

DRIFTERS, Lets Unite!

So, after drifting for a bit the other night, and watching a drift video from GT6 put together by one of the Silverstone Finalists, I've decided I really want to push for a Friday night drifters event. It would start at around 9 pm, and run till the last drifter leaves. My hope is to run three events, touge, D1 style, and open track/tandem, both touge and open track will have rally track options as well. I will have some set rules for the first 2 events, and the third event will have a HP cap. Either run in an open lobby or one of our rooms.

I'll have something more official soon. Probably start my own thread for it. I'll post more when that happens.

Yeah, I was going to take some of the 350Z, but when I got around to it jobyone had already picked one and made the banners, so I thought it would be kind of cheap to just post pictures for the sake of earning $hells. Next week i'll definitely try and take some picture earlier. :)

Yeah, they wouldn't count if the banners have already been made. :sly:

Fu... Errrr, Heck YA! It;s my birthday and I'll drift if I want too! Let me make sure the wife has no plans for me first though. We are going to Cedar Point tomorrow though, so I doubt it.

I got it now. And after figuring a brake balance that worked well I actually like the combo. Dont think racing will be that close though..
Probably a dumb question, but since Sunday will be my first race, here it goes... brake balance, F/R torque bias, ABS, etc. changes are acceptable because they are part of the in-race settings (whatever it's called)? And we are just not allowed to purchase any upgrades or change any settings in the actual "settings" menu (ballast, suspension tweaks, etc.)? And painting cars/aftermarket wheels is OK?

Probably a dumb question, but since Sunday will be my first race, here it goes... brake balance, F/R torque bias, ABS, etc. changes are acceptable because they are part of the in-race settings (whatever it's called)? And we are just not allowed to purchase any upgrades or change any settings in the actual "settings" menu (ballast, suspension tweaks, etc.)? And painting cars/aftermarket wheels is OK?

If you want to check, start a lobby, set it to "tuning prohibited" and make sure you can get on track. I don't know if you can change torque split on all cars, but you can change brake balance and abs on anything. Paint and wheels are not only allowed, but encouraged.

Thanks for the clarification. Makes sense, I just wanted to be sure :)

I painted my 350 last night just in preparation. It's a funky color combo for a Japanese import but it's growing on me. Hopefully someone else isn't using it!

I painted my 350 last night just in preparation. It's a funky color combo for a Japanese import but it's growing on me. Hopefully someone else isn't using it!

Check here.

Around 6:00 p.m. Eastern I'm going to practice in D2.

(If the lounge isn't already being used for an event)

Feel free to join. 👍

Dabs got it, but for more info, feel free to check the color link in my signature. All the info you need is there. I'll have to go through this soon and make some updates as some people have moved since the last time I did anything.

As for your other concern, while zer0 encourages changing nothing other then rims, colors and oil, he defers on brake balance only because it is not an enforceable setting. Meaning there is no way to police it. Considering how some cars behave under braking and the fact that I no longer will be running ABS, I think this is for the better, since a 5/5 brake ratio is never going to happen in real life. and I know people say that it isnt really 50/50. I tend to disagree, based on my experience. At no point in any car that I have driven have the rear tires locked up before the front tires. However it happens A LOT in the game. just my two cents though. No point in setting ABS high than 1. It doesnt help turning under braking having it set higher, just causes you to have to brake sooner. I think there are maybe 5 cars in the game that you can adjust the center diff on stock. But I am not sure that the option is open in a tune prohibited lobby. All other aids and traction control will be off.

Now, if we collapse d4 down into d3, does this mean aids will be on the table for d3 too?

Of the D5 drivers still normally 'on the grid' I don't think we need it.

If we get more new guys, we can check via PMs, etc.

In Performance Cap Racing, the guys in normal restrictions all enter, then any changes are made after the regulars are in, so a handicap can apply for tires. With a DFGT being able to change on the fly... Not as easy to check.

Qwietstrom went 1.31.4 Combo 2, and 1:53.xxx combo 3. I was so far behind in combo 1 i dont know.. I think DGA was around 1:11.7-12.1 in combo 1.

Qwietstrom went 1.31.4 Combo 2, and 1:53.xxx combo 3. I was so far behind in combo 1 i dont know.. I think DGA was around 1:11.7-12.1 in combo 1.

Thanks for the info fastfox. I like knowing how how much time I need to find. It's amazing how fast guys like DGAF and Qwiet can go so early in the week.

EDIT:

I will be racing Sunday night. Working late but will make it home in time to plug my stuff in and be on track by 9:25ish. :)

So my friends list appears to be empty, I think it might be the same thing that happened to AJHG...

Anyone know how to fix it?

Are you guys talking about your friends list in the XMB or your friends list in GT5? If it's your friends list in GT5 then you need to exit the game and start it back up. If you are disconnected from the server for any reason and don't restart your game, the friends list in GT5 will show as empty even if you have reconnected to the server. You must restart your game (sometimes) when this occurs.

If it's in the XMB, try restarting the machine or making sure you are in fact signed in.

Thanks for the info fastfox. I like knowing how how much time I need to find. It's amazing how fast guys like DGAF and Qwiet can go so early in the week.

I was quite amazed myself. I was able to pick up about 1.5 just by following them..

Bowler, it's happening in both gt5 and xmb...

Then I got nothing except shutting down everything and restarting it all. PS3, router, modem and anything else that's connected to anything. Maybe some of the more tech savvy guys around here can be of more help.

It happens when the Nat type change mid boot. I had it happen to me. Mine went from NAT 2 to NAT 3, back to NAT 1 and then everything load 30 minutes later.

It happens when the Nat type change mid boot. I had it happen to me. Mine went from NAT 2 to NAT 3, back to NAT 1 and then everything load 30 minutes later.

Unless you're disconnecting and reconnecting cables and modems while your system is booting up, the system will not change from nat type 1 to 2 on it's own. I don't see a reason why it would change from 2 to 3 without the user changing some setting in the modem or router. In other words, this wouldn't happen during the booting up of the PS3 unless there is some outside influence, namely the user messing with stuff when they shouldn't be.

Back